What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornstar

Coach
why can't we get good businessmen to run for board? Look at other clubs, Roosters board has some every successful businessmen on it and they run smooth as silk.
Never hear any drama's anywhere near the ball park of what happens at our club.
So why won't any run for the board at our club? is it the constant smear campaigns every election, the constant leaks to the media?

because when the Roosters board is up for re-election no-one gives a shit, so it don't matter who runs.

When ours is the people who are to run have their backgrounds looked so deeply into that they can tell you the last time you washed your hair.

Who wants that scrutiny by the low life media?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Were u guys sick of this shit when Roy had a get out clause for RS???

If Foran still wants to come here he will. If it's all about KF then he can go elsewhere.

Oh this little episode was slightly less dramatic than what we endured when spag or fitzy was at the club therefore we should feel happy with what's going on? ...
This will be the first time in about 20 odd years that we're not going to have a team competing in The playoffs in any of the 3 grades this year... Not exactly a proud feather in sharpies cap

But yes that's right no ones bigger than the club blah blah blah..

Thank god the spoon isn't bigger than the club..

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Oh whoopie f**kin Doo....the statement left you wanting to asking more questions...fmd!! We are a shit hole

No Muzz we are not a shit hole. There is some shit :D to sort out quick and it seems they are doing that. (they f**king better or else...:D )
Lets hope our new Chairman and co learn lots from this and keep growing.
It's a f**k up but at least they are sorting it all out for the "right" long-term reasons.

IFR33K

Coach
So if we miss the semis in all three grade it's sharps fault????

We were a mess before he got here, and will take a while to sort out. Or did u miraculously believe we would be contenders.

insert.pause

First Grade
rubbish

that's the CEO's job

The CEO is accountable to the board, they should have known the entirety of the terms of the contract being offered to foran, in any corporate setting a board can't throw their hands up and say 'we didn't know', it's their job to know, it is a multi-million dollar expenditure that would have required their approval, the NRL require directors to sign off on the salary cap verifying contractual obligations to the NRL under the salary cap have been complied with, how is that possible if the board don't even know the terms of the contract the club is liable for?

It doesn't make any sense that a contract to a player has been allowed to be rubber stamped by the board without first being aware of the terms, it doesn't wash imo.

If we accept the clauses were not disclosed to the board, ie hidden, that is fraud and Seward could be open to legal action by the Eels.

Which could well be the case, however these things don't happen where good governance practices are observed, and considering their problems of late I think its fair to be skeptical of them. If Seward did do something untoward, at the very least it's fair to question the boards judgement in appointing someone who may not have been qualified for the CEO role.

Jodeci

Bench
My thoughts:

At the moment I can't see a need for the Chairman to respond seeing that we have an acting CEO. There seems to be way too many chiefs and not enough Indians in our set up. If I were in charge I would make it a rule that only one person speaks to the media. Sharp isn't even in a fulltime position at the club yet he makes the majority of pubic statements. Whether you like Denis Fitzgerald or not at least you knew who the boss was. I think I can count on my hand the amount of times Alan Overton spoke to the media.

Now it seems to be a free for all and you wonder why there are leaks. Their governance and management process is so amateur, that it is embarrasing. The CEO should only speak to the media.

I don't think it will fall over, but if Foran reneges (which I would not blame him for seeing that management were so stupid to allow it in the first place) I would accept the fact that the NRL must take control of the board and that the current board should all stand down, Sharp included.

End of story.

I actually feel a bit better after reading that.

Thank you for posting that, I completely agree with every word you have stated.

hindy111

Post Whore
I said it a while ago throw a million at the DUKE.....

Look regaurdless of the contract or a contract. If a player half way thru his contract doesn't want to be there than they are free to walk.Clubs let them go.Look at Penrith with Jennings/Lewis. Most clubs wont hold a player if they do not want to be there.

Beeing on 1.2 million Foran would of had to be playing excellent and the team winning for him to get a better contract elsewhere. In the case the teams doing well why would he want to leave?
So the other way it could happen is the team is going crap and he wants out as isnt happy.Meaning he isn't performing and no other club will give him anywhere near that money.

This is why i never saw an issue with the contract TBH. When a player wants out he goes anyhows.

Stagger eel

Staff member
So if we miss the semis in all three grade it's sharps fault????

We were a mess before he got here, and will take a while to sort out. Or did u miraculously believe we would be contenders.

He's the guy running the show isn't he?? ...so he can't be held accountable but those before him should?

This is the same bloke who made the statement that under his watch there'll be no get out clauses... Lol what a classic

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
My thoughts:

At the moment I can't see a need for the Chairman to respond seeing that we have an acting CEO. There seems to be way too many chiefs and not enough Indians in our set up. If I were in charge I would make it a rule that only one person speaks to the media. Sharp isn't even in a fulltime position at the club yet he makes the majority of pubic statements. Whether you like Denis Fitzgerald or not at least you knew who the boss was. I think I can count on my hand the amount of times Alan Overton spoke to the media.

Now it seems to be a free for all and you wonder why there are leaks. Their governance and management process is so amateur, that it is embarrasing. The CEO should only speak to the media.

I don't think it will fall over, but if Foran reneges (which I would not blame him for seeing that management were so stupid to allow it in the first place) I would accept the fact that the NRL must take control of the board and that the current board should all stand down, Sharp included.

End of story.

That's the maturity that evolves into being quality wisdom-keepers.

We have good hearted men and women who love our club and want what is best for our club now and long-term.

I am one of many who do not want to privatise our club. With this in brain many decisions have been made to keep our club owned SOLELY by its members. So we now have a board who live for the non-privatisation of our club and who now need the life-experiences to mature into a top class board of directors as fast as possible.

If we as a group want to privatise then lets bring in corporates with all the corporate skills required at the cost of selling out the soul of our club. We can start with the NRL getting involved, meddling here and there. If we don't want the NRL meddling then we tell them to f**k off and mind their own business while we sort out our own backyard.

This is at the heart of everything going on/wrong for the past ten years or so.

So far the corporate pirates have lost.

If you really love the soul of our club then get behind Sharp and co and support them in maturing as quickly as possible. At least we have not sold out our club which is the worst of all evils. Remember, Parramatta is a community of souls and not a private f**king corporation driven by corporate slaves ONLY for corporate $$$$$. Massive difference here.

IFR33K

Coach
He's the guy running the show isn't he?? ...so he can't be held accountable but those before him should?

This is the same bloke who made the statement that under his watch there'll be no get out clauses... Lol what a classic

We were a disgrace long before he came along. But I guess you won't be willing to admit that. Will take a few more years before we are a powerhouse. Yes it's painful, but rather then spit the dummy I'll hope it all pans out well. If the NRL needs to help us then so be it.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
We were a disgrace long before he came along. But I guess you won't be willing to admit that. Will take a few more years before we are a powerhouse. Yes it's painful, but rather then spit the dummy I'll hope it all pans out well. If the NRL needs to help us then so be it.

But at what cost?

Give them an inch and they will take a mile.

Suitman

Post Whore

Never heard you say that when 3P were voted in, or even after 2 years, and we were a mess years before they came along.
Swings both ways Freak.

Status
Not open for further replies.