What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornstar

Coach
Can't believe no one has started this.

Our club is run like the government, no accountability and accepting mediocrity.

It's just so awesome!

Noise

Coach
Twiz you said:

"all this because an agent couldn't get his way so he blabs to the Telecrap"

How do you know the manager didn't get his way? It seems like the eels are the ones trying to change terms and they are the ones not getting their way.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Twiz you said:

"all this because an agent couldn't get his way so he blabs to the Telecrap"

How do you know the manager didn't get his way? It seems like the eels are the ones trying to change terms and they are the ones not getting their way.

Did you read what Sharp said in the Eels Press Release ?

We (DA) are trying to change 2 clauses in the contract. Its past June 30 so we sort of have him over a barrell as no one else can afford him so he has very little choice than to come to us from what I have read. HE also said he came here because of BA so he still wants to come.

No doubt his agent wanted a big pay out as well if he walks out as with agents its all about money. He would have got a pay out too

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
What's way more embarrassing is that the person who has represented the club to the media today is Tim Mannah.
Fancy getting him to do your dirty work.

Suity

Delboy

First Grade
On 2UE , it was stated that it was the NRL that would not register the contract due to 2 clauses
.1. The player can walk at any time
2. The player would be entitled to up to a $1 million in damages

I would suggest that is why the CEO is no longer employed, as I said before, the Waldron management school. Not dismissing The fact that if the Chairman wasn't aware of the clauses, WHY?

Johnny88

Juniors
Heard the same thing Delboy, amazing clauses. And you wonder why the NRL need to come in and take over.
Sharp and the board didn't look at the contract before it went to the NRL????
Thanks to the NRL for not registering the contract.

IFR33K

Coach
On 2UE , it was stated that it was the NRL that would not register the contract due to 2 clauses

I would suggest that is why the CEO is no longer employed, as I said before, the Waldron management school. Not dismissing The fact that if the Chairman wasn't aware of the clauses, WHY?

Wow, the player to be awarded damages. Lol. Thank goodness the NRL declined to register the contract.

Johnny88

Juniors
Other site says, Team manager Jason Irvine sacked today. The club will continue to pay out his contract.

Eelogical

Referee
Wow, the player to be awarded damages. Lol. Thank goodness the NRL declined to register the contract.

We have a good legal team..

latest

hindy111

Post Whore
My opinion - Foran will be a rooster next year.Timing is too perfect -Maloney goes too sharks-They clearing books. All of a sudden this breaks.

It is not as simple as people are making out.We are a club in CRISIS. And we are in big trouble next year.

El Diablo

Post Whore

the news sais the club asked the NRL not to register the contract after Anderson went over the contract and discovered the clauses

Massoud said we have now offered him another one for $300k less without the clauses

Surely our management is not that bad. Surely they will salvage the deal. Who have we got taking care of matters? DA. Yep Forans gooooorne.

Status
Not open for further replies.