What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure that either Hineyrulz or Sharpie (Jake) had anything to say about the DA/Hoppa thing.

EDIT: Oops, I see Hineyrulz has already pointed half of that out.

I don't Heckyl and Jeckyl is fair. More of a Statler and Waldorf act :)

forward pass

Coach
I know we like to bag our recruitment and retention, but when was the last time we lost a player we REALLY wanted to keep. And also when did we miss out on a player we were chasing hard? I know there may be some we don't know about although I doubt it because it always seems to be public.

Congrats to the club.

Avenger

Immortal
Really like the re-signings, especially French who is a special talent. We people are now approaching a period of expected success.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I thought that was a very interesting signing, he is young and never played in the NRL, yet his re-signing was announced with all our NRL players.

They must rate him.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I thought that was a very interesting signing, he is young and never played in the NRL, yet his re-signing was announced with all our NRL players.

They must rate him.
Sounds like they have banked on his as Haynes long term replacement. From all reports he is a huge talent. Hopefully he is ready by round 1 2016.

Really like the re-signings, especially French who is a special talent. We people are now approaching a period of expected success.

Very Classy player. Nothing like Hayne nor should anyone expect him to be as Hayne was a freak of nature never to be repeated. But French is class very Darren Lockyear / Moylan like but quicker. Once he gets into first grade and is settled he will prove to be a second 5/8 ball playing full back.

Forty20

First Grade

They must rate him.

French is very highly regarded internally, as are a handful of others players flowing down the junior ranks. We are in a fair position regarding talent and depth in some key positions in that sense. As good as you can be really without seeing them actually prove themselves in first grade.

Sounds like they have banked on his as Haynes long term replacement. From all reports he is a huge talent. Hopefully he is ready by round 1 2016.

Be a very good idea to make sure that there are plenty of wise heads around him.

I don't expect him to be read in R1 2016, but later in the season would be great.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Is be big enough for the wing????

Yeah that could be an issue, however he is listed at 89kg. But apparently dropped a few kgs, however valentine Holmes is listed as 85kg. So after another good offseason French should be at a decent weigh/ size for the NRL.

A bonus is Gordon has experience in switching positions to blood a rookie fullback.

emjaycee

Coach
I don't have a source so this will get deleted but i am led to beleive the plan is for French to play a 'few' FG games in 2016 before being ready for 2017.

caylo

Bench
I don't have a source so this will get deleted but i am led to beleive the plan is for French to play a 'few' FG games in 2016 before being ready for 2017.

It's a fair idea but I'm not sure he is any better than Valentine who has struggled in the NRL on the wing. We'll see what happens but I'm sceptical about French for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts