What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
god_save_the_plumbers_ornament-r98262b134c8644c5b35d1b688768a958_x7s2y_8byvr_324.jpg

Forty20

First Grade
Sorry Chooks, Jarryd's still a Parra man.

THE ROOSTERS ARE desperate to land Jarryd Hayne should his NFL bid fail - so much so that he has been driving around Sydney in a car owned by Roosters' millionaire boss Nick Politis.

But Hayne has told the Roosters that if he does return to the NRL, it will be with one club: Parramatta.

The brilliant fullback still feels a strong loyalty towards the Eels, and despite interest from the likes of the Roosters and Bulldogs, his heart still bleeds blue-and-gold.

RLW, Pg.11, July 13 2015

TheRam

Coach
The contract of Parramatta signing Kieran Foran was widely publicised as $1.2m per year for four years, including a third-party agreement of $150,000 per year.
The Eels obviously believed the third-party component would not be counted in their salary cap, yet the club's admission in the media of its existence means the NRL believe it was promised before it was independently secured. The NRL will now include all of Foran's $1.2m, or $4.8m over four years in Parramatta's player payments.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...agreements-20150712-giaex4.html#ixzz3fiXnmEiH

Just getting back to this. What a stuff up if this is true. Firstly once again our club doesn't seem to know its arse from its elbow. I mean how the hell don't they know the rules and what the NRL will do when you publicly announce a TPA before they have been accepted by the NRL?

Secondly WOW!
Kieran Foran is now on our book at the full freight of $1.2m a season. Just WOW!!! How badly is our club managed if we can't secure TPA's correctly for our number one marquee signing? Just WOW!!!

84 Baby

Referee
I may be wrong but when did the club publicly announce any TPA?
James Hooper isn't an employee of the club

Gronk

Staff member
The contract of Parramatta signing Kieran Foran was widely publicised as $1.2m per year for four years, including a third-party agreement of $150,000 per year.
The Eels obviously believed the third-party component would not be counted in their salary cap, yet the club's admission in the media of its existence means the NRL believe it was promised before it was independently secured. The NRL will now include all of Foran's $1.2m, or $4.8m over four years in Parramatta's player payments.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...agreements-20150712-giaex4.html#ixzz3fiXnmEiH

Just getting back to this. What a stuff up if this is true. Firstly once again our club doesn't seem to know its arse from its elbow. I mean how the hell don't they know the rules and what the NRL will do when you publicly announce a TPA before they have been accepted by the NRL?

Secondly WOW!
Kieran Foran is now on our book at the full freight of $1.2m a season. Just WOW!!! How badly is our club managed if we can't secure TPA's correctly for our number one marquee signing? Just WOW!!!

TPA's are the elephant in the room. We'll see what the NRL do about this because they'll need to enforce it against all clubs.

Do you recall this quote regarding DCE ? I heard Annesley say these words on the TV, so it's not media made up.

Annesley says Titans decided to “leave Cherry-Evans alone” and that they had no reason to check in with their star signing, though they were in constant contact with his manager Gavin Orr as the club organised third party deals for Cherry-Evans.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...on-tv-last-night/story-fn2mcuj6-1227382484454

eel01s

Bench
I'm with Ram on this. I thought we were trying to get Foran on the books for $700-800k per year, with the rest TPA.

To have him on for the full $1.2m per year is a huge risk. This will now mean we have $150k less a year to negotiate with other players. Two points:

1. Surely there should have been ample opportunity for more TPAs (say in the range of $300-$400k per year). Gee we need Moss here.
2. When did the club announce the TPAs? Why is the NRL coming down only on us, but not for other clubs? Almost every high profile signing comes with paper talk of TPAs, yet we are the only ones to have them included in the cap?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
From that Roy Masters article

There is no limit to the monetary total of registered TPAs because the NRL quite reasonably does not want to restrict the flow of funds from outside its normal sources of revenue – broadcasting fees, naming rights sponsorships, gate takings and club memberships.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...agreements-20150712-giaex4.html#ixzz3fiqrNVYZ

that is in direct conflict to what we have read previously, I believe $600K was the figure I read but then again it was in the media

that is in direct conflict to what we have read previously, I believe $600K was the figure I read but then again it was in the media

No, Twiz. You are confusing the Marquee Player allowance, which comprises TPAs that the club are allowed to guarantee and organise and do whatever they like with (which is 600k), with the balance of the TPAs, which can add up to whatever you like, but which the club cannot negotiate or guarantee. They can put the players/managers in contact with likely sponsors.

TheRam

Coach

There are different types of TPA's. If they are unconnected to the club or their on book sponsors, in other words not affiliated what so ever to the club, then there is no limit.

eels_fan

First Grade
TheFilthySpammers reporting Kahu being chased as a Hoppa replacement.

The kid is certainly a talent and will only get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.