What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and More Crap V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornstar

Coach
Just a hypothetical.

If I was coaching at the Eels, say as an assistant coach, and a head coaches role was offered to me at another club. I would take the job and screw the place up as best I could. It would be good for Parra and good for my bank balance.

Nice hypothetical, seems the reality is happening to us though :sarcasm:

Suitman

Post Whore
So if the gold coast offered you 200k more a season over 4 years than parra, you wouldnt take it?

Life isn't all about money. :roll:
It's also about happiness.
Parra don't offer me much happiness, so I'd take the Gold Coast job.

Suity

Parra Pride

Coach
Shouldn't that be installed? Or is their new policy in-store and I have to go to the B&G Army store to get a copy of it?

#Confusing

Eels Dude

Coach
My mistake. Damn phones with predictive text. By the way is the online site for the Blue and Gold Army set up yet?

#ThoughtIdUseMyVoucher

Parra Pride

Coach
I'm not sure, though I do know that 「青と​​金軍隊」or "Ao to ​​kin no guntai" means "Blue and Gold Army" in Japanese.

#TheMoreYouKnow

Gronk

Staff member
<H3>SBW a wanted man
THROWING their hat into the ring for Sonny Bill Williams proves the Eels' management is at least thinking clearly - he would turn the struggling club around. This column reported on a meeting that SBW and Stephen Kearney had in November. Kearney and SBW have a very strong relationship - the Eels coach maintained contact and interest in SBW when plenty of others wanted to hammer him. When SBW makes his decision it won't be based on dollars, despite plenty of his critics saying he just chases the dollar. The opposite is the truth - he is about challenging himself as a sportsman and doing what others say he can't do. Of course, reward comes into that. The real reason he left the Bulldogs may never come out - but it was not motivated by finance. SBW has always held Roosters boss Nick Politis in the highest regard and I think his loyalty and friendship may outweigh the relationship he has with Kearney. SBW won't go to the top bidder, but he will want to play rugby in the lead-up to his NRL return and he will want to box, and the Roosters are said to be comfortable with that. It also means he won't eat up as much of their salary cap.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/clarke-unfazed-by-wedding-critics-20120519-1yy1k.html#ixzz1vMX17b52</H3>

bartman

Immortal
The real reason he left the Bulldogs may never come out - but it was not motivated by finance.
:lol: Not motivated by fulfilling a contract either.

SBW won't go to the top bidder, but he will want to play rugby in the lead-up to his NRL return and he will want to box
:lol: What if nobody bids for an injury-prone ego-tripping merkin who'd only be available part-time? f**k off $BW, I hope we don't end up with your problems and sorry arse in our squad.

strider

Post Whore
ok - i haven't looked at who wrote that - let me guess - danny? - omg who would have thought .... biggest arse licker going around

Avenger

Immortal
I would rather Trex, Ballin and Wade Graham than one SBW. This I want to box and play union in January is untenable. f**k him and his slimy agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.