What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suitman

Post Whore
Interesting. That's both back up halves that they have released now. Good decision letting go of the young fella's so that you can bring back Finchy.

I wonder if young Roberts from the Rabbitohs is worth having a look at. Been dumped for "breaches of contract" (ie disciplinary reasons). Sticky might be able to sort him out.

We've already got one dubious Roberts.
We don't need two.

Suity

Forty20

First Grade
Kostjasyn isn't too popular on the LU Storm sub-forum, not sure if he is that great a pick-up for the Cowboys.

Certainly not fussed that he isn't coming here.

Kostjasyn isn't too popular on the LU Storm sub-forum, not sure if he is that great a pick-up for the Cowboys.

Certainly not fussed that he isn't coming here.

Me neither, but when you know that your half, hooker and fullback are going to miss between 3-6 games per year over origin, plus injuries, you'd want to have at least one decent playmaker waiting in the wings.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
In josh massoud blog today he mentioned Jennings is a player Ricky will be looking at bringing to eels for 2013. Also mention penrith may be interested in hayne for 2014

Avenger

Immortal
In josh massoud blog today he mentioned Jennings is a player Ricky will be looking at bringing to eels for 2013. Also mention penrith may be interested in hayne for 2014

Penrith were interested in Willie Tonga prior to him signing with Parra. A swap deal with Jennings for 2013 with us making up the difference could work. They can also take his brother Esi for free. :p

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm not so keen on Ricky becoming coach, but if he can persuade Hayne to stay for another term, I can live with it.

Suity

Avenger

Immortal
I'm not so keen on Ricky becoming coach, but if he can persuade Hayne to stay for another term, I can live with it.

Suity

I agree he would not have been my first choice either. However politically when you take into account, the media scrutiny ie especially news limited who love Stuart, positive spin re: him being the current Origin coach and the best possible chance in retaining Hayne and attracting other high profile players I can understand the appointment.

Last edited:
I agree he would not have been my first choice either. However politically when you take into account, the media scrutiny ie especially news limited who love Stuart, positive spin re: him being the current Origin coach and the best possible chance in retaining Hayne and attracting other high profile players I can understand the appointment.

i get the feeling stuart is being chased to get the board voted back in rather than win us a premiership

Suitman

Post Whore
i get the feeling stuart is being chased to get the board voted back in rather than win us a premiership

I think the board have a vested interest in us being successful as a club. Their jobs depend on it. I don't see anything wrong with Stuart's appointment if that's the way they see a promising future.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
I'm not too keen on Ricky either, but if he can win us a premiership in the next few years, I'll give him a big sloppy kiss!

If Hayne goes to Penrith, I'll go to Mt Druitt. IE Not happening.

For a while in the late 1980s I had to drive through Mt Druitt (Willmot/Tregear etc) on a regular basis. Was quite enlightening. Did you know that you can leave a dead dog on your front lawn for nearly a week before anyone notices?

Thus I'm confident that Hayne isn't going to Penrith.

Gronk

Staff member

Well according to Josh & Buzz last week, Penrith were "clearing the decks" for JT.

Avenger

Immortal
For a while in the late 1980s I had to drive through Mt Druitt (Willmot/Tregear etc) on a regular basis. Was quite enlightening. Did you know that you can leave a dead dog on your front lawn for nearly a week before anyone notices?

Thus I'm confident that Hayne isn't going to Penrith.

That's because they are hidden under the outdoor sofa.

Status
Not open for further replies.