What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd let Loko go if he wants fringe rep player money. The bloke's played 10 or so first grade games and had two serious injuries. Plenty more where he came from. Let Manly overpay him.

I agree, but that's the point. Because of his long injury it's now a big risk whether we re-sign him or not. If we pay him big and he never recovers his power we're just as f**ked as if we let him go and he becomes another T-Rex.

If he'd been able to play this year we'd know how he'll turn out and we could have him wrapped up already. At least the staff will have this off season to test him out before other clubs get a look at him, because once the season starts he's on the free market for all to see.

It's a shit situation and typical of our luck.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Loco is one of the lucky players that have such injuries - while he debuted in the backs is most likely to end up in the forwards, so a loss of some speed and movement isnt as bad. Coming back from the injuries he has had shows something about his character.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Gerard Beale had 2 ACL's and a bad hammy injury by the time he was 19 and it didn't end up affecting him.. From all reports loko is looking very sharp and ready for combat

Eelementary

Post Whore
Gerard Beale had 2 ACL's and a bad hammy injury by the time he was 19 and it didn't end up affecting him.. From all reports loko is looking very sharp and ready for combat

I hope so - I reckon Jake Loko would be perfect for our back-row. He'd add some strike-power out wide.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Does Karl Filiga ring a bell?

How about that idiot Des Hasler throwing big bucks at Tony Williams and bringing him to Manly? What kind of idiot pays a player for his potential?

I hope Ricky Stuart is smarter than that. I hope he doesn't sign any players unless they've already played 100 NRL games and a handful of Origins.

Because we all know those are the players that offer the most value. :roll:

Eelementary

Post Whore
How about that idiot Des Hasler throwing big bucks at Tony Williams and bringing him to Manly? What kind of idiot pays a player for his potential?

I hope Ricky Stuart is smarter than that. I hope he doesn't sign any players unless they've already played 100 NRL games and a handful of Origins.

Because we all know those are the players that offer the most value. :roll:

I agree completely!

hindy111

Post Whore
Not sure where Loko plays.Our backline is ok at full strenght but 1-2 injuries and there isnt much available?
I still think Morgan and Tonga start as our centres with Sio and Blair the wing.I think people are forgetting not only did Morgan,sio,Blair make there debuts in the last year or two but they made it in a very very weak side.If any of them played in the melbourne team they all would of looked twice as good.Had half the deffense to do and given three time the amount of attacking chances to show themself-Oh and also play behind some forwards that actualy go forward.

Noise

Coach
Why do you guys reckon Loko will be best in the 2nd row?

Everyone at parra is better suited to the 2nd row...

But if you want a proper answer id say due to the defensive differences between the 2 positions. At 2nd row he would play 1-2 positions closer to the middle where there defence is tighter. At centre he is out a bit wider and more prone to being isolated in defence and with his 2 recent knee ops, his lack of lateral movement might make him vulnerable out there. Just my opinion anyway

TheRam

Coach

But if you want a proper answer id say due to the defensive differences between the 2 positions. At 2nd row he would play 1-2 positions closer to the middle where there defence is tighter. At centre he is out a bit wider and more prone to being isolated in defence and with his 2 recent knee ops, his lack of lateral movement might make him vulnerable out there. Just my opinion anyway

He can't tackle, at centre for shit.

strider

Post Whore

except Lasalo

Status
Not open for further replies.