What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and TheRam's whinging XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider

Post Whore
The penthouse im fitting out in ST leornards...40 mill they asking for it...I reckon 50 Chinese turned up. I said HI to a few ( very good looking)
They snubbed me....Yep Snubbed me...I went into a day dream - Hindy111 with hot rich asian overlooking sydney harbour-Imagine that. It felt really good for that brief moment...I probably should of used a different TONE of voice

Maybe you should have tried saying hi without your pants down around your ankles

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The penthouse im fitting out in ST leornards...40 mill they asking for it...I reckon 50 Chinese turned up. I said HI to a few ( very good looking)
They snubbed me....Yep Snubbed me...I went into a day dream - Hindy111 with hot rich asian overlooking sydney harbour-Imagine that. It felt really good for that brief moment...I probably should of used a different TONE of voice

Don't tell them you've got yellow fever, they find that really offensive. They want to think you like them for their money, not their skin colour.

hindy111

Post Whore
The real estate agents where ki $$n there bums..It was foul.Chasing them rnd like a dog on heat.

El Diablo

Post Whore
interesting reading this seeing we have got rid of Pauli and Paulo might be off too http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...k=e0ba26d32bab16a5c7e5a19ec84e2f77-1454553994

Slimmed down Broncos believe they’ll benefit from interchange drop
February 4, 2016 11:48am
Chris GarryThe Courier-Mail

WAYNE Bennett’s ability to predict rugby league’s future has again given Brisbane an advantage over their rivals.

Broncos players believe their slimming pack is tailor-made for the reduced interchange in the NRL this season

While the Broncos pack was already one of the NRL’s smallest, prop Josh McGuire is among a core group of players who have increased their fitness and slimmed down during the pre-season.

McGuire revealed he now weighed only 104kg as Brisbane seek grand final revenge aided by the now famous “torturous Tuesday’’ sessions.

McGuire said the NRL’s move from 10 to eight interchanges would be a major asset for Brisbane’s premiership hopes.

The desire to be fitter comes from a key philosophy introduced at Brisbane, where middle forwards must be able to play 20 minutes of consecutive NRL football.

McGuire said their light pack was perfectly suited to outrunning opposition teams this season with just eight interchanges allowed.

“I’ll be playing a couple kilos lighter than I did last season,” McGuire said. “I will probably play at 104kgm.

“The new interchange rules mean I will suit the game better. The speed of the game is quickening and that makes it hard for the bigger fellers and hopefully I can use my speed.

“I am excited about the new interchange rules. I think it will suit us with our smaller pack.

“It will be interesting to see how it goes in the trials and then in Rounds 1 and 2.’’

Broncos strength and conditioning trainer Alex Corvo said the NRL was no longer a place for forwards who could only play 15-17 minutes at a time.

“We have a philosophy here that as a middle forward you need to be able to play at least 20 minutes consecutively,” Corvo said.

“It is important for the interchanges that you can go for 20 minutes because if you are coming off after 15 minutes, the next guy will have to do 25.

“There is no directive to lose weight across the board but there are some forwards who have taken it upon themselves to lose some weight.
McGuire has slimmed down for the 2016 season.

“Josh has actually lost fat and added muscle mass which will help him return from the achilles injury.’’

Player fitness was heavily questioned during most of Anthony Griffin’s reign at Brisbane as the team often faded in the last 10 minutes of games and players were too heavy for their own good.

Those questions are no longer valid.

Giant props Dave Hala and Martin Kennedy were moved on within weeks of Bennett arriving, replaced by 105kg front-rower Adam Blair. Since then the existing players have lost more weight.

Even winger Lachlan Maranta has lost 4kg under Bennett and the coach recently released one of their heaviest players from last season, 110kg James Gavet.

Even halfback Ben Hunt looks noticeably slimmer at training this pre-season and Sam Thaiday will be the only one of the Broncos’ starting pack for Round 1 who weighs more than 105kg.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I saw Sam Thaiday chowing down on a Vietnamese Pork roll in the city the other day. I cant be certain that it wasn't his second or third roll. Not sure he got the message about 'slimming down'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts