What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and TheRam's whinging XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incorrect

Coach
I'd rather read people's guesses than Pou's self important bullshit about this.

He has nfi

So what you're saying is... If Im reading you right.... Is that Gower is on $750K per year??!!

Can't believe we're letting Pauli go when Gower is on 1 million a year!!!!!

Fair dinkum - 1.5 million a year for Gower... We are f**kt!!!

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yep, I can understand what you're both saying there Pou and Josh. Potential V Experience is the eternal battle I guess.

Mind you, I'd be a little pissed off if I was Gower playing injured with broken/dislocated digits during games and all that sort if stuff, to be on a lower salary than a lazy merkin like Pauli who quite obviously hasn't found the desire in his game the way someone like Gower has.

From all reports Pauli had been a different beast in training since they returned from the Xmas break. Was it only because he realised he was on the outer and was trying to make amends? Happens a lot.

Perhaps the fact Pauli's gone and Gower's not says something about what BA values.

gustarny

Juniors
Pauli is a rally nice person, and I have reasons for saying that

Unfortunately, he has been a project player for 3 years, not quite delivering on hiss size and potential and has been passed by other players, seems to indicate that the coaching staff may be able to use his money wisely

He may go on to have a decent career, hope so for his sake, but he was unlikely to get out of Wenty unless we had significant injuries, so may prove to be a decent move for him.

By the way,still don't get the dislike of Sharp, the club has done more In the past 12 months than under Spags and others who promised everything and delivered less than Austrlaia Post

Exactly Delboy but some on here have been living under rocks.:roll:

Bigfella

Coach
How much do you reckon Gower and Pauli are on?

I'd say Pauli is currently on between 0-50 wouldn't you?

Neither of them were breaking the bank so I don't really care.

I would have preferred to have kept Pauli.

But Arthur isn't going to pick him.

I severely disagree with the analysis that he is lazy or soft. I don't think we've handled him well.

The game last year when he dominated Wenty but was overlooked for faoso who was one game back and then broke down almost immediately was an example.

But if Arthur isn't going to pick him - he might as well go.

I think lingard's points are very well made. But even if Pauli is a better player - if He's going to play second tier he is a waste of cap space.

Incorrect

Coach
I'd say Pauli is currently on between 0-50 wouldn't you?

Neither of them were breaking the bank so I don't really care.

I would have preferred to have kept Pauli.

But Arthur isn't going to pick him.

I severely disagree with the analysis that he is lazy or soft. I don't think we've handled him well.

The game last year when he dominated Wenty but was overlooked for faoso who was one game back and then broke down almost immediately was an example.

But if Arthur isn't going to pick him - he might as well go.

I think lingard's points are very well made. But even if Pauli is a better player - if He's going to play second tier he is a waste of cap space.

None of us really know for sure, but from what I can gather from late 2015 training reports and associated photos and reports V's early 2016 training efforts, Pauli has turned it all around. But why? Why so slovenly before Xmas, but mustard after New Years? It's obvious to me that he was read the riot act before they broke for Xmas, he likely heard he was on the outer and finally pulled his finger out.

And that's why he's on the M2 up to Newie.

Suitman

Post Whore
None of us really know for sure, but from what I can gather from late 2015 training reports and associated photos and reports V's early 2016 training efforts, Pauli has turned it all around. But why? Why so slovenly before Xmas, but mustard after New Years? It's obvious to me that he was read the riot act before they broke for Xmas, he likely heard he was on the outer and finally pulled his finger out.

And that's why he's on the M2 up to Newie.

It's the M1 that goes to Newie.

natheel

Coach
not fussed on losing Pauli. i think we have guys that have excelled past him already.

Tepai, Edwards, Ma'u all above him in the second row and probably that last spot on the bench could go to Kenny. He to me has shown more in his short time on the field than Pauli has. sadly pauli has a big body and has shown at times he can really cause havoc but over the 3 years he's hit first grade guys who were brought to the eels as "plodders" like Gower have gone past him. his commitment may be the issue. i hope he does well up in Newcastle but i would not be surprised if like Tanginoa he comes back for less

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So will matto get a starting spot at the chooks?

With Nikorima there I doubt it. But it's at least looking likely that Matterson will play some first grade now.

Unless Pearce doesn't miss a game. After all, his mental health is the most important thing now and missing games wouldn't be good for him.

#f**kMentalHealthMalingerers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts