What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
I think Segeyaro has done enough at this club to get a fair shake at finding his form. He is 3 weeks back from injury. Given our disjointed situation in the halves, maybe trying Seg starting and leaving Wallace in the halves for some stability would help Seg find his groove.

betcats

Referee
We have been waiting for him to find his form since midway through last season. He is very talented but he is seriously lacking in the fundamentals of his position. When a hooker is not providing good service it impacts how well our forwards do their job as well the time and space our halves have so its pretty detrimental to the team overall. I'm with the others id rather just be playing Wallace at hooker for 80 minutes we looked better when Seggy was out.

Its from the Mole but I think he might be right with the whispers going around at the moment.

TAMOU SET TO BACKFLIP?

I’m hearing Blues Origin star James Tamou is on the verge of backflipping on his decision to quit the Cowboys and join Penrith for 2017.
The big prop told the Cowboys he was leaving the premiers earlier this month and signed a letter of intent with Penrith recently.
But RLW has been told that since the reality of the decision has hit home and his team-mates have had a word in his ear, Tamou is having second thoughts.
Tamou hasn’t signed any formal contract with the Panthers, but Phil Gould was certin he had his man.
If Tamou does go ahead with the backflip, it will be a massive blow for the Panthers’ plans for 2017.
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/moles...d=734516157345075200&adbpl=tw&adbpr=236216311

MrBlack

Juniors
I wonder if the Sege photo is the nail in his coffin?

He is out of favour and out of form. The photo wont help.

My predictions for next year;

1. Segyaro moved on in favour of Cherrington/Wallace combination

2. Tamau backflips

3. Norman now toxic, we don't want him any more

4. Soward moved on

5. Sign Brooks ??? Still have plenty of Cap and still looking for a half for the next 3-4 years.

mxlegend99

Referee
Let Segeyaro go. I was fine waiting for him to get his form back... and there's glimpses of it happening. But if he associates with those sort of people he's not a good fit for our club.

We can only hope Tamou knocks back that ridiculous offer. would be a horrible signing on that sort of money.

Copperhead

Juniors
Let Segeyaro go. I was fine waiting for him to get his form back... and there's glimpses of it happening. But if he associates with those sort of people he's not a good fit for our club.

How long has he been living with Norman? It wouldn't happen to coincide with his loss of form would it?

Anyway...happy if he's moved on.

Pomoz

Bench

We can only hope Tamou knocks back that ridiculous offer. would be a horrible signing on that sort of money.
We actually have no idea what he has been offered. We only have rumour and media reports. My guess is that Gus will have made him a good offer but is too smart to blow the cap on a prop.

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
We actually have no idea what he has been offered. We only have rumour and media reports. My guess is that Gus will have made him a good offer but is to smart to blow the cap on a prop.

he also stated the market is over inflated and you sometimes have to pay overs to get your targets

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
I think Segeyaro has done enough at this club to get a fair shake at finding his form. He is 3 weeks back from injury. Given our disjointed situation in the halves, maybe trying Seg starting and leaving Wallace in the halves for some stability would help Seg find his groove.

Exactly my thoughts. I don't see the point of changing the spine through a game. It is ridiculous, no team does it unless they are are forced to because of injury. It is a disruption and stymies any continuity and cohesion the team can get over the 80 minutes.

Anthony Griffin is just making it harder for the team to win.

mxlegend99

Referee
We actually have no idea what he has been offered. We only have rumour and media reports. My guess is that Gus will have made him a good offer but is to smart to blow the cap on a prop.

It's clearly a lot more than anyother club. He's torn between staying which is what he wants to do or coming to earn a lot more money with us.

We have outbid everyone by a long way. Which means we are likely paying well above his value.

Randy81

Juniors
It's clearly a lot more than anyother club. He's torn between staying which is what he wants to do or coming to earn a lot more money with us.

We have outbid everyone by a long way. Which means we are likely paying well above his value.

Yes we have the potential to offer more than cowboys. Simply just because they have such an awesome team and the highest paid player in jt.

As for outbidding everyone though, i am sure not every club would be after him.

The rumour has been for a few years that he wants to return to sydney for his family. I have full confidence that the offer from penrith would be very strong but not ridiculous. Its not how we roll anymore.

Not concerned in the slightest if Tamou stays in NQ.

We'll get another prop easily.

In fact after last weekend I'm more convinced than ever we need to be looking for other potential halves , even if they aren't stars.

Blade23

Juniors
Just heard Tamou on 7 giving an interview. He is still farting around with a decision and may not make one until after origin is finished.
I don't think we should wait until then. The longer we wait and he turns us down, the less good players that will be left on the market.

Randy81

Juniors
Just heard Tamou on 7 giving an interview. He is still farting around with a decision and may not make one until after origin is finished.
I don't think we should wait until then. The longer we wait and he turns us down, the less good players that will be left on the market.
100% agree.
Cannot afford to wait that long. Either you want to come or not.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Can we even pull out of the deal? If so, I'd be happy for them to ditch him. I think he's a great player, but I think he's excess to our needs and expensive. He also not convincing me that he wants to come play for the Mighty Panthers!

Stick with what we have and try and pinch a play maker from somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.