What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Agree with you there. I think he would be a better choice than Tamou for captain.

With Maloney and possiblly Whare and RCG all gone, we are certainly going to have a young side next year.

Api and Welsch are rumoured to come so will add experience to the side

betcats

Referee
Not sure who else. You want an 80 min player and he is the only player settled

They might let him talk to the refs when the captain is off the field...maybe, but he wont get the C for years and years and probably not off his Dad. Our youngest captain was 26 and it didn't work.

franklin2323

Immortal
They might let him talk to the refs when the captain is off the field...maybe, but he wont get the C for years and years and probably not off his Dad. Our youngest captain was 26 and it didn't work.

It isn't ideal but when you have a 17 that will be so young not sure you have options. In theory Mansour or Whare would be chances but I don't know they can be guaranteed to play every week

betcats

Referee
It isn't ideal but when you have a 17 that will be so young not sure you have options. In theory Mansour or Whare would be chances but I don't know they can be guaranteed to play every week

Yeah I just don't see them going back to a young captain. There is sauce as you have mentioned plus JFH and Yeo both play big minutes and neither are going anywhere soon.

betcats

Referee
I wasn’t saying right now, I was saying next.

Experience is more relevant than age as well. After another season Nathan will have almost 100 NRL games, he’s easily in captaining territory then.

Games played don't make up for age, I really don't think he is an option for another 3-4 seasons. Besides his age imagine what a lighting rod Nathan would become if his father makes him captain(our youngest captain ever no less). It is setting him up to flame out spectacularly even the most biased parent would see that.

Fangs

Coach
Cleary is honestly destined to captain the team.

I'll hardly be surprised if he gets named captain for 2020. As wrong as that decision would be.

Games played don't make up for age, I really don't think he is an option for another 3-4 seasons. Besides his age imagine what a lighting rod Nathan would become if his father makes him captain(our youngest captain ever no less). It is setting him up to flame out spectacularly even the most biased parent would see that.

But you’re talking about a mature guy, he’s not a typical 21/22 year old.

We know Ivan already named him in the leadership group, I could easily see Nathan getting the nod for 2021.

Fangs

Coach
Clean off-field record? Check.

Highest paid player? Check.

Halfback? Check.

Rep honours? Check.

Leadership qualities? ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts