What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodhi

Juniors
Because he does so much wholesome community work and I respect that. Same as I had Grant for his sacrifice. Some good selfless people in our game. I'm also hoping they can get the prem so the Roosters/Storm don't for the 100th time.
Fair enough mate. I was getting a bit excited thinking you might have heard a rumour that he was coming to the mighty Panthers!! Lol :joy:

MugaB

Coach
@MugaB why do you prefer Kikau through the middle rather than on an edge?
1stly the Kikau edge is great if the opponents aren't doing their homework on him, but its defensively better that he can roam more at 13, he is a big body and fast enough to catch linebreaks, better he is in the middle of the field, besides we have plenty of backrowers

Panfa

Juniors
Our outside backs are struggling to see the ball cause it dies with kikau and its so predictable its not funny.

Kilkenny

Coach
Our outside backs are struggling to see the ball cause it dies with kikau and its so predictable its not funny.

The first point is we actually don’t have any outside backs.

The second more pertinent point is even if we did have the best centres and wingers in the game they would be totally wasted given our lack of game plan and lack of attacking structures.

DWZ and Waqa Blake are the fortunate ones getting away from the train wreck that we are or appear to be.

Panfa

Juniors
That all comes back to the halves not cutting kikau out and continually letting him get hit by 3 players in the tackle and slowing down the play the balls.

martielang

Bench
So who are realistic targets for us next year? No, not the turbo brothers.

Hooker - Api, maybe Baptiste?

Back - Olam/Seve/Scott. Storm will surely have to let one go - Would take any. Maybe someone like Isaako?

Forwards - Ese'ese, although he may have already gone to the Dogs.

Fangs

Coach
Hooker - Korisau for sure. I think we will need to pay overs

Middle - Got a lot of faith in Leinu next year, he did some great things on Friday night that none of our other props do (Maybe JFH, but he isn't the best at it). He completely changes our attack.

Bringing in experience would help but lets see the RCG situation first. We may not have a lot of room to move. Squad changes bound to happen in Newcastle, a guy like Klemmer would be a amazing purchase.

Backrow - I'd tempt CHN to come back. Or maybe Alex Glenn? Not certain he has signed an extension yet and the Broncos have already done a heap of upgrades.

Whoever we sign the keyword is experience. I'm not convinced by our junior players who now have a few seasons of first grade (Cleary/JFH/RCG). Maloney is a massive loss in that regard. No way in hell this team improves with experience like that walking out the door. It must be replaced.

Hooker - Korisau for sure. I think we will need to pay overs

Middle - Got a lot of faith in Leinu next year, he did some great things on Friday night that none of our other props do (Maybe JFH, but he isn't the best at it). He completely changes our attack.

Bringing in experience would help but lets see the RCG situation first. We may not have a lot of room to move. Squad changes bound to happen in Newcastle, a guy like Klemmer would be a amazing purchase.

Backrow - I'd tempt CHN to come back. Or maybe Alex Glenn? Not certain he has signed an extension yet and the Broncos have already done a heap of upgrades.

Whoever we sign the keyword is experience. I'm not convinced by our junior players who now have a few seasons of first grade (Cleary/JFH/RCG). Maloney is a massive loss in that regard. No way in hell this team improves with experience like that walking out the door. It must be replaced.

CHN ain’t coming back, not without a player revolt.

Panther Mick

Juniors
Just from what I’ve heard, some players rightly or wrongly still think he’s the one behind the video leaks.

I don't agree with those rumours.
He has been spotted several times this year in the crowd at our home games. If he was guilty of such an offence and the players here were off him he wouldn't be anywhere near the place.
He was investigated and cleared of leaking the tapes and I don't feel its right for him to be keep getting the blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.