What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangs

Coach
Not sure about Mansour backrow. He will get through plenty of work with the ball. But he is no upgrade in terms of defence. I doubt he will run great lines like Winterstein or CHN before him.

Not that the last bit really matters, Penrith rarely execute set plays. Last week's try against the Cowboys was an extremely rare exception. High praise on Leinu for that one.

So if we just want a 10+ hitups/quick ptb backrower with average defence then Sauce is our man.

Kilkenny

Coach
I've heard the same. Big changes coming to the Cronulla roster.

Moylan seems obvious. I wouldn't be against so harder/experienced players like Matt Prior.

Moylan’s injury prone and a little inconsistent.

I think the Sharks would definitely offload him if they could find a buyer.

Fangs

Coach
Moylan’s injury prone and a little inconsistent.

I think the Sharks would definitely offload him if they could find a buyer.

Yes he is. But you can bet Penrith want to win a competition. We might be discussing a rebuild on this forum but there will be higher expectations at the club.

They will definitely be active in the market and we may just have to settle for scraps. If that's Moylan well so be it.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yes he is. But you can bet Penrith want to win a competition. We might be discussing a rebuild on this forum but there will be higher expectations at the club.

They will definitely be active in the market and we may just have to settle for scraps. If that's Moylan well so be it.

We wouldn’t be interested in Moylan and I’m not sure there would be many NRL clubs interested. Moylan May have to go to the ESL if he wants to extend his career.

ashton

Juniors
We wouldn’t be interested in Moylan and I’m not sure there would be many NRL clubs interested. Moylan May have to go to the ESL if he wants to extend his career.
Agree that we wouldn't be interested in Moylan....that ship has sailed.
All we need to do is just sit tight and wait for other clubs who are already over the cap to release players. We can then pick up some real bargains. Just need to be patient.

Kilkenny

Coach
All we need to do is just sit tight and wait for other clubs who are already over the cap to release players. We can then pick up some real bargains. Just need to be patient.

I get it, but you’d like to think we’re having conversations with player managers and have proper strategic plans in place. If it is an ad hoc approach heaven help us.

OldPanther

Coach
I get it, but you’d like to think we’re having conversations with player managers and have proper strategic plans in place. If it is an ad hoc approach heaven help us.

If the club can hand on heart say they've investigated the options that'll be good enough for me. There is a serious lack of it in the game.

franklin2323

Immortal
Like with any of these things there would be a list of players being targetted... Who we get and how good they are time will tell

franklin2323

Immortal

People underestimate how good we are cap wise compared to most other clubs. Plenty of bargins to come

MugaB

Coach
Just not sure back row is high on our list. Centre & Hooker seem more important.
Wado As 5/8th

JWH at prop, with Tamou
Fish at lock, maybe get Mansauce at hooker, he has the nugget build for it, but im rather a nathan cleary to hooker senario

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
JWH is a good player no doubt about it.

I am just hesitant to give a player their final pay day after they have already won a premiership.

Taukeiaho is the one I would target. 3 years younger and a better player IMO. It wouldn't be his last contract if he came to us for 2 or 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts