What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
Came in his prime. Has had two average years and this year has been quality. I think JWH is just JFHlite at this point. Would much prefer Welch.

Panther FIRE

Juniors
Brisbane and Melbourne have a huge nursery of hard-working, talented forwards that we should be looking to poach. They can’t keep them all. Surely there will be one or two that want to play bigger minutes or more regular NRL footy that would be willing to move. But that kind of astute, tactical signing seems to be beyond us as a club.

I’m with Daz. Sick of the Panthers being the club that players come to for their final NRL payout.

Right now JWH gets protected by the sombrero mafia and he still gets suspended regularly. Imagine how much time he will spend on the sidelines if he plays for the Panthers. It will be Kikau on Nicholls every time… That might work for some players at the end of their career though. Three years of part-time footy on huge pay.

Jai Arrow would be a way better signing. Welch too.

Flashstep

Juniors
Jai Arrow will get 750k+ and I think playing props anything over 500k is kind of silly, we've already been burnt by Merrin and Tamou (decent players but 750k each is massive overs for both)

I think Welch would be good if we can get him. Need to look at some signings for the backline as well.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I’m with Daz. Sick of the Panthers being the club that players come to for their final NRL payout.

Unfortunately this is how successful clubs work. The players they get rid of are usually the ones they are done with and feel they can replace so they won't match contracts offered elsewhere.

Storm and Roosters in particular. Guerra, SKD, Sika Manu, Kevin Proctor, Dylan Napa etc. These sort of players.

There are exceptions, like RTS. However the Roosters ended up signing Tedesco anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.