What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFrog

Coach
There are exceptions, like RTS. However the Roosters ended up signing Tedesco anyway.
My feeling is that this was planned as well, the Roosters having a lot of back ended contracts maturing in 2016, hence RTS, Maloney and Jennings being moved on (I have no proof of this and its not illegal anyway). They did make RTS an offer, but it was apparently laughable. They wouldn't have planned on losing Pearce for half the season, but they were back to 2nd the following year anyway.

Not sure beefcake is what we most need, now that we've got a dummy half. The pack held their own quite well against the Roosters I thought. A little bit of attacking finesse would be more to my liking. A Preston Campbell, that's what we need.

Remember that JWH is very likely replacing RCG.

martielang

Bench
I just don't think we need a 'worker' like Welch / Arrow. Not that they wouldn't add value to our side but I think our salary cap & balance of our side would be heavy with those type of players. We need a more dynamic forward IMO, even if it is someone who can only play 30 - 40 mins a game.

I was totally against JWH, then I watched a bit closer on Sat night & I think he could add something to our pack. So I'm on the fence now. Obviously you'd want to get him as cheap as possible but I don't think $600k is huge money.

Pomoz

Bench
I just don't think we need a 'worker' like Welch / Arrow. Not that they wouldn't add value to our side but I think our salary cap & balance of our side would be heavy with those type of players. We need a more dynamic forward IMO, even if it is someone who can only play 30 - 40 mins a game.

I was totally against JWH, then I watched a bit closer on Sat night & I think he could add something to our pack. So I'm on the fence now. Obviously you'd want to get him as cheap as possible but I don't think $600k is huge money.
Agreed, less workers and more impact. I love JFH and Arrow is just another JFH style player. Why pay overs and double up? We need somebody with mongrel and who will really bend the line back? That way we can get to the opposition 20m even more often and not score!!

We seriously need some better spine players.

Last edited:

ACTPanthers

Bench
Agreed, less workers and more impact. I love JFH and Arrow is just another JFH style player. Why pay overs and double up? We need somebody with mongrel and who will really bend the line back? That wy we can get to the opposition even more often and not score!!

We seriously need some better spine players.

The good thing is this has already started to happen, with the signing of Api - Not too sure if we'd be looking at any other spine players to bring in though - With Edwards and Cleary essentially incumbents in their respective positions, the only position up for grabs would be 5/8, but I assume that will be filled by either Luai or Burton.

We DO need an impact forward though - As you say, someone with a bit of mongrel and flair would be a very astute acquisition.

franklin2323

Immortal
The good thing is this has already started to happen, with the signing of Api - Not too sure if we'd be looking at any other spine players to bring in though - With Edwards and Cleary essentially incumbents in their respective positions, the only position up for grabs would be 5/8, but I assume that will be filled by either Luai or Burton.

We DO need an impact forward though - As you say, someone with a bit of mongrel and flair would be a very astute acquisition.

The pack pretty much picks itself and is decent enough getting more bench. I'd be targetting explosive players

mxlegend99

Referee
This. So for me anyhing under what RCG is on is a win
If were paying RCG $250k a season to play elsewhere. Then pay say JWH $600k a season with us. We arent really saving anything.

It really depends how much we are stuck paying RCG. I cant see us coming out ahead. We will be stuck paying a big chunk of his salary.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
As a few mentioned, Valentine Holmes didnt make the cut, if he comes back, we should be throwing everything at him..

Would be a great signing

ACTPanthers

Bench
I'd assume he'll stay to be with the practice squad - It'll do him well to stay and learn the fundamentals of the WR position

Status
Not open for further replies.