What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
An end product with Whare and Walker as our centres would be ideal? In what universe?

Whare needs to go before Edwards does. Edwards is better than anyone we can realistically sign at fullback anyway. Might aswell keep him while our next fullback develops.
You are right, but who else can be there that's ready?

MugaB

Coach
Matt prior is linked with a Uk club, looks like we won't be going there in regards to his services, Tim Mannah? Sheesh let me guess another pawwa fan finding a home for the unwanted, please no.

Again I'd be looking to get a deal for Russel Packer if Wests wanted to offload him, we could get some grunt in the forwards, even as a back up

OldPanther

Coach
Tyson Frizel would be a great pick up! The best thing in our favour is we have the SOO halfback. Jack Bird seems dead and buried. I find myself glued to this forum and everywhere else to get a confirmed signing.

An end product like this would be ideal

1. Someone else
2. Naden
3. Whare
4. Walker
5 To'o
6 Burton
7 Cleary
8 JWH
9 Korisou
10 JFH
11 Frizel
12 Kikau
13 Martin
14 Kenny
15 Yeo
16 Leota
17 Tamou

18 Spencer Leniu

Edwards will be the fullback and rightly so. Whare is done and it's rumored he's been told as much though it's not confirmed.

Probably have a centre pair of Walker(If true) and Crichton with Naden/To'o on the wings.

kinghippo

Juniors
If frizz is actually becoming available we should throw a fair few dollars at him. He is the best player on the market by far if it’s true, and is all class. Fish could move into the front row.

I have warmed to the walker signing.
Walker would hopefully be at centre but he has been playing well at 5/8 and adds quality depth to the halves if needed.
Latrell will be wrapped up by the roosters in brown paperbags as will manu, but are the type of players we need.
I am probably the only one, but if we missed out on walker I think we should have a punt on bird for two years, heavily subsidised by the broncs.
He offers similar class to centre, 5/8 and could also cover fullback when on the field. You need to take a risk every now and again and we need a bit of first grade experience and cover in the squad.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I agree with @OldPanther on Whare - I think this may have been his last season - He's been good for us, always put in 100%, but he's getting on now. I think he'd be a great asset to keep around in the lower grades as cover and a mentoring role to the younger centres (he could give our young ones defensive tips), I just can't see him getting near first grade unless of a massive injury toll. As much as I admire Dean and what he has given to the club, there are better options out there.

TheFrog

Coach
He's 29. Most players are in their prime at 29. He just hasn't come up after his ACL, that's all I can put it down to.

franklin2323

Immortal
He's 29. Most players are in their prime at 29. He just hasn't come up after his ACL, that's all I can put it down to.

The thing is he was never a flashy player consistent but not flashy but the losing that bit of pace has hurt. He is a good mentor and decent depth just not a starting centre

ACTPanthers

Bench
Sorry when I said 'getting on' it wasn't entirely to do with his age as such. In saying that, whilst 29 isn't exactly old, he's no spring chicken - As soon as he lost any kind of pace with age (given he wasn't exactly gifted in that department in the first place) he's looked 'older' anyway - But I digress... The point I was making was Whare just shouldn't make our 17 unless there are major omissions.

age.s

First Grade

It's not just his knees. His hammies go pretty regularly too. Combine the two and you can understand why the guy doesn't have the zip he once did.

Still, the position isn't only about pace. It's just a very nice thing to have.

martielang

Bench
I'd be holding Whare, & pending who your other centre is, I'd likely be starting him again next year. Crichton just isn't ready atm & Naden unless he significantly improves his defence (& he might) weakens our side overall imo. Obviously if you can get someone considerably better, I understand moving him on but I think he adds more than just playing ability.

Whare had a couple of rough games last year but for the most part he holds up our edge defensively & IMO gives us a bit of balance. Had a decent combination going with To'o towards the back end of the year.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I'd be holding Whare, & pending who your other centre is, I'd likely be starting him again next year. Crichton just isn't ready atm & Naden unless he significantly improves his defence (& he might) weakens our side overall imo. Obviously if you can get someone considerably better, I understand moving him on but I think he adds more than just playing ability.

Whare had a couple of rough games last year but for the most part he holds up our edge defensively & IMO gives us a bit of balance. Had a decent combination going with To'o towards the back end of the year.
I agree to a certain extent - Whare is a great defender and really bolsters his side of the field, however, we struggle to score points, which is why I think an offensively minded centre is needed - Obviously though, as you've pointed out, we'll probably have to go to market to get one.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Matt prior is linked with a Uk club, looks like we won't be going there in regards to his services, Tim Mannah? Sheesh let me guess another pawwa fan finding a home for the unwanted, please no.

Again I'd be looking to get a deal for Russel Packer if Wests wanted to offload him, we could get some grunt in the forwards, even as a back up

I cant see Packer coming to us. He was not to pleased with Ivan when he got off the Tigers bus.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/i-don-t-owe-tigers-an-apology-cleary-20190404-p51as4.html

Kilkenny

Coach
In a roundabout sort of way I have a high level source thru my son.

Spoke to my son today and asked him whether he has spoken to his mate about our incoming recruits and he has, but there is no mail on who we have signed or who we are pursuing?

This whole scenario doesn’t make any sense given how many players we have released and and let go.

Given how much cap space we have supposedly freed up I would have thought we had a plan, and had certain players locked up but given my conversation with my son today I am not so sure.

Ivan and co could be flying by the seats of there pants, so to speak, and currently there is nothing locked up. Bit of concern given my indirect source is almost 100% spot on over a long period of time.

Panther Mick

Juniors

I would agree with that.
No point getting rid of Whare if we just have one experienced centre coming in.
Let Naden and Crichton surpass him - then move him on.

Black Magik

Juniors
In a roundabout sort of way I have a high level source thru my son.

Spoke to my son today and asked him whether he has spoken to his mate about our incoming recruits and he has, but there is no mail on who we have signed or who we are pursuing?

This whole scenario doesn’t make any sense given how many players we have released and and let go.

Given how much cap space we have supposedly freed up I would have thought we had a plan, and had certain players locked up but given my conversation with my son today I am not so sure.

Ivan and co could be flying by the seats of there pants, so to speak, and currently there is nothing locked up. Bit of concern given my indirect source is almost 100% spot on over a long period of time.
No disrespect intended but maybe the reason no one knows outside a select few is because some people can’t be trusted with confidential information that may jeopardise a contract/TPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts