What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Given our results, player turnover and off field dramas of late, I can’t see us attracting anyone decent.

They’ll just say we’re building within or some other spin.

Ivan the Terrible will just add plodders. It’s his go.

Using that theory same could be said for the Broncos

franklin2323

Immortal
Broncos are guaranteed getting a halfback next year and not playing Boyd. They'll be a force again as they'll be able to play off that forward pack with a real spine.

I agree them like us will be better off long term.

They moved on an Origin centre.
Origin/test forward.
Kiwi outside back and Kiwi half/hooker

Compare that to who we got rid of why are we so bad?

Also they had several off field issues too with a 1st year coach

betcats

Referee
Broncos are guaranteed getting a halfback next year and not playing Boyd. They'll be a force again as they'll be able to play off that forward pack with a real spine.

Getting Croft apparently. Will have Turpin as the hooker, they are still going to be very young with pretty much a completely different spine. They have some great forwards but I’m not convinced about them or Seibold.

Panther Mick

Juniors
Getting Croft apparently. Will have Turpin as the hooker, they are still going to be very young with pretty much a completely different spine. They have some great forwards but I’m not convinced about them or Seibold.

I am not convinced about Seibold either. They still have the Milford conundrum to solve too.

OldPanther

Coach

I am not convinced about Seibold either. They still have the Milford conundrum to solve too.

I'm not convinced on the coach either. He'll be their biggest question mark.

Milf is a good fullback who was forced into 5/8 because Boyd was the fullback at the time and still a good player. Currently he's playing 2 positions to make up a lack of halfback.

Fangs

Coach

Sounds like the Panthers doesn't it?

They have Penrith 2017 written all over them without the expectation. A great pack with no spine/experience.

Fangs

Coach
But they are closer now than if they kept Kahu, McGuire, Nikorima and Roberts

Weird obsession with keeping every forward. They just couldn't help themselves. They had no decent halves coming into 2019 and right now it looks like it will stay the same. Guys like Croft have a lot to prove, even Sezer.

franklin2323

Immortal
Weird obsession with keeping every forward. They just couldn't help themselves. They had no decent halves coming into 2019 and right now it looks like it will stay the same. Guys like Croft have a lot to prove, even Sezer.

Very ordinary roster they had. Copying the Gus playbook of moving everyone else for a few promising rookies

Fangs

Coach
Youth always, with a decent slice of XP. We haven't got the mix right in hindsight. Too little XP.

OldPanther

Coach
2018: 30 pointsoff the pace
2019: 58 points off the pace.

Cant wait to see how much closer they get in 2020.

Hopefully they get a bottom 8 spot for once but I don't see it with some real spine players even if they are young. No Darius is worth a lot since Milf won't have to play 2 positions at once.

Abacus

Juniors
It's pretty disconcerting that the general consensus is that we want elite level signings - and even then we're concerned about how they would play if we got them here.

It's a pretty clear indication that we don't think Dave's mate is capable of getting the best out of a squad of players to the point that they are a legitimate threat - either by developing players to their potential or by setting the high standards required to get the elite players delivering at their elite level regularly.

Hats off to the Bellamy's and Robinson's that manage their rosters and individual players for optimal results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts