What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
Id like to see Aekins geta run at centre,he wont be the FB for NSW cup so its probably going to happen anyway but I thought his time FG has been good, definitely worth a look in another position.

MrBlack

Juniors
I have a quick peek at this thread about 3 times a day.

With our perceived war chest I 'm hoping to see news of genuine singings.

We have been linked to many good players, but as more of them commit to their current club or sign elsewhere, I am quickly moving from excited to underwhelmed. The next stage will be disappointment.

The list of prospects grows smaller (and weaker) by the day........

Whino

Bench
I have a quick peek at this thread about 3 times a day.

With our perceived war chest I 'm hoping to see news of genuine singings.

We have been linked to many good players, but as more of them commit to their current club or sign elsewhere, I am quickly moving from excited to underwhelmed. The next stage will be disappointment.

The list of prospects grows smaller (and weaker) by the day........

I keep reading the Sharks are having a fire soon. A few other clubs are manoeuvring.
I would hope once Matterson and Ramien sign elsewhere a domino effect starts.Would love them here but it won't happen.
There was quite a bit of player movement last year around November and December.
I hope we can get a few good signings, but I am also braced for disappointment. If its going to be another round of signings in the mould of Hame Sele and Tyrell Fuimaono - forget it.

betcats

Referee
What good players have been usigned for 2020 that we could of got? Walker, Glenn, Bird....

Anyone contracted for nest year cant talk to us until after this month. If we are chasing any them it wont be announced until after then. We are reportedly chasing JWH so if we are in the running for him it wont come out officially for weeks.

betcats

Referee
I keep reading the Sharks are having a fire soon. A few other clubs are manoeuvring.
I would hope once Matterson and Ramien sign elsewhere a domino effect starts.Would love them here but it won't happen.
There was quite a bit of player movement last year around November and December.
I hope we can get a few good signings, but I am also braced for disappointment. If its going to be another round of signings in the mould of Hame Sele and Tyrell Fuimaono - forget it.

Clubs are waiting for the NOV 1st deadline, there is a lot of movement to come in this offseason yet.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I wouldn’t be against signing the Dooges if the price is good, on a short term deal, 1 or 2 years.

I know he comes with plenty of issues, but he played good footy when he was actually on the field.

franklin2323

Immortal
What good players have been usigned for 2020 that we could of got? Walker, Glenn, Bird....

Anyone contracted for nest year cant talk to us until after this month. If we are chasing any them it wont be announced until after then. We are reportedly chasing JWH so if we are in the running for him it wont come out officially for weeks.

JWH would be to clear space for Latrell but the club needs to sort out his offer re-asses cap wise then decide to release x player to fit

Whino

Bench
I wouldn’t be against signing the Dooges if the price is good, on a short term deal, 1 or 2 years.

I know he comes with plenty of issues, but he played good footy when he was actually on the field.

I was against him. Then I thought about recently from a money angle.
2 years left on his current deal at a reported $800k.
If Cronulla are desperate to get rid of a few players and are paying some of the bill. Would he be worth it to us at say $400 - $500k? Plays Centre and could cover Fullback.
The only problem is he is a dickhead, breaks down constantly and throws tantrums.
Is the risk greater than the reward?

martielang

Bench
Did he though? He didn't embarrass himself, but he was hardly a standout. Felt hesitant and had little impact.

That said I wouldn't have minded seeing him at centre for a few games either.

I don't think he was a superstar but he barely made an error & (IMO) looked threatening around the ruck. Given he was coming into a team where every players confidence was shot to pieces, I think he did well.

Dave's mate

Juniors
If Cronulla are desperate to get rid of a few players and are paying some of the bill. Would he be worth it to us at say $400 - $500k? Plays Centre and could cover Fullback.
The only problem is he is a dickhead, breaks down constantly and throws tantrums.
I say its not

martielang

Bench
JWH would be to clear space for Latrell but the club needs to sort out his offer re-asses cap wise then decide to release x player to fit

I could see the Roosters letting Latrell walk. Still seems to have some minor issues off field & seemed pretty unmotivated towards the back end of the year. With Manu & Tedesco, seems they have enough strike power already.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

If we get him at a good price, I think he’s worth the risk.

betcats

Referee
I could see the Roosters letting Latrell walk. Still seems to have some minor issues off field & seemed pretty unmotivated towards the back end of the year. With Manu & Tedesco, seems they have enough strike power already.

I like Latrell but I watched him closely in the grand final and he really is lazy, he does not ever take a tough hitup, plus he wants to retire by time he is 30, his hearts not in it IMO. Seems like the type of guy who could be a risk for a club like ours.

Last edited:

ACTPanthers

Bench
I like Latrell but I watched him closely in the grand final and he really is lazy, he does not ever take a tough hitup, plus he wants to retire by his 30 his hearts not in it IMO. Seems like the type of guy who could be a risk for a club like ours.
This. Freakishly talented, looks lazy.

With the problems we've had in the past trying to rehabilitate troublesome players, I'm of the opinion the club should steer clear of anyone with off-field issues. We just don't seem to have the ability to make them behave like a club such as Melbourne.

betcats

Referee
This. Freakishly talented, looks lazy.

With the problems we've had in the past trying to rehabilitate troublesome players, I'm of the opinion the club should steer clear of anyone with off-field issues. We just don't seem to have the ability to make them behave like a club such as Melbourne.

Yep if Robinson and the rorters( whocurrently have a fantastic hard working and proffessional culture in that side) struggled to keep him committed and focused I could see him being much worse here if we hit a rough patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts