What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
Alexander: 1st grade debut at 19..Australian rep at 21
Gower: 1st grade debut at 18.. Australian rep at 21
Fittler: 1st grade debut at 17..Australian rep at 19
Cleary:1st grade debut at 19.. S.O.O rep at 20
The first 3 were instrumental in Penriths only 2 premiership wins. They played the game as they saw it, they didn't sit back and wait for someone else to be the main playmakers. (MXlegend). Whoever Penrith plays in the 6 in 2020, I can only accept that it will be their fault if its not a successful year. Never Nathans, he will be building into his contract and needs the time.

Alexander, Gower, Fittler were exceptional talents. No one on here has ever compared Nathan Cleary to arguably the best three players we have produced and he will not reach the levels of performance that they achieved.

I look forward to seeing what Nathan can do for us in the next season or two even if he may not have a hugely talented playing group along side him and perhaps not the ideal head coach.

I find it surprising someone who has been a supporter since the inception of our club has such negative views over all, particularly given we have been less than successful for the majority of those 50 Years.

Holey Moley you lot go around in circles.

Long time reader(8yrs) same rubbish different day.

I've slowly figured our over Twitter and here who you lot are and the dribble you see is bloody hilarious.

Do you like the Panthers or want to point out their faults. Every team, yes, including the Roosters have theirs.

Love Cleary (jnr or snr) or hate them i dont think any of them are out to hurt us fans.

From what I've seen over the years Nathan has put in 100000% effort. He did not choose his wage, the market did and he accepted.

The bloke is in his younger part of his 20s and from what history tells us a half doesn't blossom until 25+.

You nay sayers can say "Oh BUt HeS PLaYEd oVEr 50 GamES" (ive seen it on twitter) Put a 15 yr old kid in there and see How he plays after 50 games.

Cleary will play to his potential potential. Do I think He's worth 1m this year? No. Would take 1m to play the game I love.. you guessed it.

Stop rubbishing the team you cheer for ever so passionately. Stop being that guy. Yes you're a member you have your say blah blah blah.

On a sloppy note, one team one dream xx

I think you need to understand the difference between being a fan and being a sycophant.

The whole point of these boards is to express opinions, many of those opinions will be critical of the team and even players in the team entirely because people want to see the club succeed.

As for your idea that Cleary shouldn’t be criticised because it wasn’t his choice to be paid the big bucks, that’s ridiculous. You buy the ticket, you take the ride. With his salary comes scrutiny.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing what the excuses are for Cleary in 12 months time.

Some guesses

“He had an inexperienced 5/8 playing outside of him, he can’t be expected to do it all”

“He was adjusting to being the team leader, next year he’ll kick on. Just wait”

“The media pressure was too much for a 22 year old to deal with”

“He didn’t have good outside backs, how can he be expected to work with those guys”

R.H

Juniors
A
Looking forward to seeing what the excuses are for Cleary in 12 months time.

Some guesses

“He had an inexperienced 5/8 playing outside of him, he can’t be expected to do it all”

“He was adjusting to being the team leader, next year he’ll kick on. Just wait”

“The media pressure was too much for a 22 year old to deal with”

“He didn’t have good outside backs, how can he be expected to work with those guys”

Thanks Sandy

As I said, let's talk mid next year

Alexander, Gower, Fittler were exceptional talents. No one on here has ever compared Nathan Cleary to arguably the best three players we have produced and he will not reach the levels of performance that they achieved.

I look forward to seeing what Nathan can do for us in the next season or two even if he may not have a hugely talented playing group along side him and perhaps not the ideal head coach.

I find it surprising someone who has been a supporter since the inception of our club has such negative views over all, particularly given we have been less than successful for the majority of those 50 Years.

But he’s being paid like those guys. (Adjusted for inflation of salary cap)

that’s the point.

Kilkenny

Coach
But he’s being paid like those guys. (Adjusted for inflation of salary cap)

that’s the point.

There is ample evidence of over paid number 7’s in the NRL. It is largely market value.

I expressed the view some time back that it was somewhat risky putting so much faith and money into Nathan but it is what it is and as fans we need to hope it works out for the best rather than death riding him as some seem only too happy to focus on.

There is ample evidence of over paid number 7’s in the NRL. It is largely market value.

I expressed the view some time back that it was somewhat risky putting so much faith and money into Nathan but it is what it is and as fans we need to hope it works out for the best rather than death riding him as some seem only too happy to focus on.

There’s actually plenty of guys being paid less than him that produce similar numbers.

He’s being paid on hype.

If you take the money, you take the focus that comes with it.

Coastal

Juniors

I have been a reader of this forum for a long time, the pandering around with some of the comments, especially in regards to Nathan Cleary, made me want to have some input, not to everyones liking, I'll cop that. But for some to say " he's only 21" isn't an excuse for his inability to create or lead a team. Wikipedia already has him stated as the captain for 2020? I'll gladly eat humble pie if he proves me wrong, but I doubt it.

It’s not his fault he got picked for SOO.

Fill up your glass and just for once in your life be a glass full kinda fan.

Nah.

But of course it’s not his fault, Criticism of his game isn’t personal, he seems like a really good young kid.

But you can’t sign the contract and expect a free pass. His game simply isn’t up to the value of his deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts