1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

Ahead of Women in League Round this weekend, this bumper issue has plenty of features. Paul Jobber chats to Erin Molan about life in broadcasting, footy and more. Joshua Wells talks to NRLW player Botille Vette-Welsh about her rise in the women's game. We've also got Rick Edgerton's weekly finals piece, this week looking at the spines of each of the top eight sides. We also look at Old Boys Day through the eyes of Newcastle prop Daniel Saifiti.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 19 programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 17 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by herbert henry1908, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Black Magik

Black Magik Juniors

It is tough.

The yak, BxTom and betcats like this.
  2. Fangs

Fangs Bench

I agree discussion should be in the appropriate threads. But I'm reminded of the archaic days on the old club forum. This is a far better environment.

3. martielang

martielang Juniors

Maybe if the club signed someone we wouldn't be having these issues. I'd take a Richie Williams at this point.

Coastal likes this.
  4. betcats

betcats Coach

That is fair enough, no one deliberately post in the wrong threads though. You know how how these chats progress, someone mentions a potential signing, someone has an opinion on that signing, someone else disagrees with that opinion and provides some past evidence or statistic to prove their point and next thing we are debating some obscure shit from 3 seasons ago. At what point do we stop a conversation and move it into a more reasonable thread? Is it really that big a deal? I just cannot see off topic internet threads as anything more than a very miner annoyance, anyone who wants to should feel free to complain or point out that we are off topic and the rest of us will feel free to treat those complaints with the disdain they deserve.

age.s likes this.
  5. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

Yep rather this then tumbleweed in here now

Dave's mate likes this.
  6. Fangs

Fangs Bench

No it's not a big deal. Though having it more organised would make the forum even more incredible. A happy medium exists.

@martielang for mod.

7. betcats

betcats Coach

Disagree, stopping conversations to move them to right thread would just stifle things. If there’s a mod willing to take responsibility for it then that would work but who wants to do that.

8. PANTHERMIKE

PANTHERMIKE Juniors

Val Holmes tipped to come home according to Fox.

He would be a great signing for us. Pay him that Mill..

1 - Holmes
    6 - Luai
    7 - Cleary
    9 - Koroisau

Oh baby!

9. age.s

age.s First Grade

Holmes is an outstanding winger. Not sure he's worth $1m at fullback.

I wonder how he'd go at centre.

betcats likes this.
  10. betcats

betcats Coach

Its going to be interesting to see how he comes back. He would've changed his body quite a bit to try and crack the NFL, far less stamina and endurance and far more explosiveness and power needed. Hayne was the best player I the game when he left, he came back a lazy bum, im sure Val wont be like that but he might still have some physical hangover.

11. Dave's mate

Dave's mate Juniors

Yep he's a winger

12. betcats

betcats Coach

I'd rather throw a mil at Latrel, if we were looking to throw a mil at a back.

hindy111 likes this.
  13. CCJohnC

CCJohnC Juniors

Moylan to West Tigers - DT

14. martielang

martielang Juniors

More chance of Hook re-signing.

15. Aliceinwonderland

Aliceinwonderland Bench

I can remembering asking for this about 12 months. When scapped the burnt bits off my body. I thought perhaps it was wise to leave it alone.o_O

It would make like easier when reading the forum, but it means folks will need to think and work out where their conversation fits. Some might find this far challenging :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  16. Luke Bowden

Luke Bowden Bench

This makes sense.

17. MrBlack

MrBlack Juniors

So Moylan and Josh Reynolds the halves in Canterbury Cup......

Expensive lower grade spine

18. The yak

The yak Juniors

Madge will stretch those hammies out or go red faced from screaming.

19. Luke Bowden

Luke Bowden Bench

My guess is he’ll play fb and Josh will either go to England or play Bench hooker.

20. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Referee

Probably the same people who find it challenging to keep up if a conversation goes off topic.

Especially when those complaining have put very little thought into both how it would work and doing it themselves.

What's the expectation? Someone posts something in whatever thread that is on topic. Someone else wants to reply but it might start to go off topic... so that person is expected to create a new thread? Or reply in a different thread altogether where the flow of the conversation is lost? What if the reply is still slightly on topic.. but the follow up isnt? Or imagine this... it very slowly goes off topic and the point when it does is hard to pinpoint.

What you want will stop conversation from evolving naturally and reduce the amount of conversation happening. A conversation might end up a bit off topic.. but that's better than it not happening at all for the sake of satisfying a few people who are too lazy to skim across apost if it doesnt interest them.

Why haven't all these people complaining tried moving the conversation about shit being off topic to its own thread? Lead by example. Rather than complain and stop everyone from not only talking about signings or players, but footy altogether

betcats likes this.