What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldPanther

Coach
He hasn't had million dollar contracts thrown at him because of his attitude, not his lack of ability. Anyone who follows the NRL knows he is capable of doing freakish things.

That's the thing. Even in a year with people saying that he's still one of the best. If his thing is money and a club gives him that and gets a switched on Mitchell because of it they will profit big time.

MrBlack

Juniors
That's the thing. Even in a year with people saying that he's still one of the best. If his thing is money and a club gives him that and gets a switched on Mitchell because of it they will profit big time.

I think too many clubs have been burnt by $1m+ players recently.

They are now way more cautious before throwing that sort of money about. For $1m I would not just want talent, I would want leadership and attitude as well. Hence the tigers baulking at the price now.

OldPanther

Coach

They are now way more cautious before throwing that sort of money about. For $1m I would not just want talent, I would want leadership and attitude as well. Hence the tigers baulking at the price now.

$1m might be too high but maybe $800k would work.

betcats

Referee

Yep you want to be sure you are getting the whole package.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Boyd apparently getting the chop from the titans.
Does anyone think he is worth a very cheap contract?

A big man might add a bit of variance to our pack.
Coming off a few poor years and a shoulder reconstruction.
Need to get him a bit fitter, so he can play a bit longer, but leave some of his bulk for impact.
If the price is right worth a go.

John Hamblin

Juniors
A big man might add a bit of variance to our pack.
Coming off a few poor years and a shoulder reconstruction.
Need to get him a bit fitter, so he can play a bit longer, but leave some of his bulk for impact.
If the price is right worth a go.

I think he is worth no more than $300k and could be good value if fit and enthusiastic. If the Titans are keen to let him go they will probably have to chip in.

franklin2323

Immortal
Personally I think only the Turbos, Tedesco and Taumolo are worth $1m.

Mitchell I'd price at $600-800k so asking overs for me.

Boyd is the sort of signing that is perfect

betcats

Referee
Personally I think only the Turbos, Tedesco and Taumolo are worth $1m.

Mitchell I'd price at $600-800k so asking overs for me.

Boyd is the sort of signing that is perfect

I think there is a fair chance Luke Keary joins that worth a million dollars list if his form holds next season.

Zampaa

Juniors
Can't believe there's people in here saying we've got a bottom 2 squad,

Our top 1-17 now basically had a 60% win rate after being thrown together at round 10, and after half a year in first grade, a full preseason as professionals, the likes of to'o, Naden, chrighton, leniu, burns, Kenny, and anyone Ive forgotten will all be much better by round 1,
With a more experienced, stable squad, and an attacking coach that knows how to attack, I feel a whole lot more optimistic about the 2020 season then I was about the 2019 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.