What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
A sponsor tried to pull out from the Titans because Ryan James messed up his welcome to country speech at the GF because he got nervous in front on 90k crowd. It's the world we live in.

Sad but true. Watched at every step especially the profile he would bring

Fangs

Coach
I'm glad Folau finally went full Jerry Falwell on us. There is no more room for doubt, the guy is a danger to society let alone the NRL.

Extremely gifted athlete but will never play our sport again. Not worth discussing here really. Unless you want to venture onto the main forum.

MugaB

Coach
keep sucking idiot.
I will, as long as you keep on backing up on those truckers in the 7/11 stalls, get that kilt flappin in the wind laddie

Im hearing Jai Arrow is looking at moving to sydney due to his model partner wanting to work here too, looks like a few sydney clubs with cap space are in luck

Crashtest

Juniors
They’d want their brand associated with a winner / winning team. Few rounds in, we’re 3 - 0 & it’d be business as usual. Get on board. There’s players at clubs who have done far worse & that haven’t impacted their teams sponsorship.

I also think for us specifically, we represent a working class, old school, right leaning, ‘Christian’ area, there’d be more support for him amongst the community & business community than suggested imo.

Obviously this is all hypothetical as we’re more likely to sign Roy Bell, it’s an interesting convo though.

Marketing and branding has changed significantly though since the days of simply backing a winner. Companies now spend millions to simply make their brand stand for something or mean something to consumers. So I can't imagine Oak or Hertz want to see their brand being worn on a jersey by Folau - why would they want to piss off and alienate the dual income no kid gay customers, or anyone that supports them or the majority of voters that voted for gay marriage?

Crashtest

Juniors
Im hearing Jai Arrow is looking at moving to sydney due to his model partner wanting to work here too, looks like a few sydney clubs with cap space are in luck

Smart man, if your girlfriend looks like her just move to anywhere she wants. He is certainly punching above his weight.

OldPanther

Coach
I will, as long as you keep on backing up on those truckers in the 7/11 stalls, get that kilt flappin in the wind laddie

He's done well for himself. Cronk moved for his wife so it happens.

images (67).jpeg

franklin2323

Immortal
You'd think a few sides Souths leading would be more desperate and pay overs. Certainly you'd talk to guys like that but Souffs you'd think will get him

MugaB

Coach
You'd think a few sides Souths leading would be more desperate and pay overs. Certainly you'd talk to guys like that but Souffs you'd think will get him
He doesn't look like a souths kinda guy, he'd be more our type a guy, i don't picture him in the inner city lifestyle, who knows?

franklin2323

Immortal
He doesn't look like a souths kinda guy, he'd be more our type a guy, i don't picture him in the inner city lifestyle, who knows?

Money talks though. All depends if Burgess gets medically retired or not but if he is then that blows other teams offers out of the window

mxlegend99

Referee
I dont want Mitchell. But IMO we need to offer him ~$950k a season and out fullback spot to increase his bargaining power at Tigers.

Bulldogs pulled out. Roosters dont want him. Cowbouts prioritising Holmes. His value is dropping for Tigers. We need to offer slightly less than we believe they are willing to pay to decrease their cap space. I think they could get him for ~$800k now. Which is overs but easily manageable.

age.s

First Grade
They’d want their brand associated with a winner / winning team. Few rounds in, we’re 3 - 0 & it’d be business as usual. Get on board. There’s players at clubs who have done far worse & that haven’t impacted their teams sponsorship.

I also think for us specifically, we represent a working class, old school, right leaning, ‘Christian’ area, there’d be more support for him amongst the community & business community than suggested imo.

Obviously this is all hypothetical as we’re more likely to sign Roy Bell, it’s an interesting convo though.

Wouldn't say the area is right leaning. Lindsay is one of the nation's bellweather electoral districts. It's pretty much straight down the middle.

That said, I still think Folau goes beyond what even a socially conservative fanbase would stomach. If it was just a circumspect comment about a single issue that would be one thing, but he seems to have no interest in mollifying his message for anyone anymore. That's his business, but he's become far too risky a proposition for a sporting club. Can you imagine him playing a regional game in the central west after some hypothetical blow up about the God smiting sinners in the form of a drought? He'd get bloody lynched and we'd be right behind him if we were seen to be supporting him.

franklin2323

Immortal
I dont want Mitchell. But IMO we need to offer him ~$950k a season and out fullback spot to increase his bargaining power at Tigers.

Bulldogs pulled out. Roosters dont want him. Cowbouts prioritising Holmes. His value is dropping for Tigers. We need to offer slightly less than we believe they are willing to pay to decrease their cap space. I think they could get him for ~$800k now. Which is overs but easily manageable.

The reason I didn't want him all along was needing to pay overs. If enough teams pull out and he becomes affordable then I am all for it. That is the benefit of not rushing to sign guys

martielang

Bench
Wouldn't say the area is right leaning. Lindsay is one of the nation's bellweather electoral districts. It's pretty much straight down the middle.

That said, I still think Folau goes beyond what even a socially conservative fanbase would stomach. If it was just a circumspect comment about a single issue that would be one thing, but he seems to have no interest in mollifying his message for anyone anymore. That's his business, but he's become far too risky a proposition for a sporting club. Can you imagine him playing a regional game in the central west after some hypothetical blow up about the God smiting sinners in the form of a drought? He'd get bloody lynched and we'd be right behind him if we were seen to be supporting him.

Lynch me up if we're winning the comp & he's just scored his 20th try in Rnd 10.

But yeh I do get your point. Not saying I (or others) agree with his points but I do agree with his right to say it & I think that's where most of his support would come from.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

What if he takes our offer.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

mxlegend99

Referee
Burton has been killing it at training, he’ll be named in our top 30, no doubt.
The longer we go without signing anyone. His good chances at promotion are only going to improve.

3 spots to fill. Seems very likely he will grab one. Sign one player. Promote him. Sit on the 30th spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts