What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
You’d think the club will sack him now.

Might be the riddle for why Burton wasn’t named in the top 30, I’d assume he’ll just take May’s place.

He and Nathan are very close, you look at their instagrams and they are practically joined at the hip, so much so that I reckon it was almost certainly Nath in one of those videos. Not sure if that saves may or not.

Fangs

Coach
Sad news on Tyrone. I guess it's the end of footy for him. Who is our utility now?

Re Edwards he is probably the most underrated player in our top 30 now. Horrible start to 2019 but he bounced back admirably and actually showed signs his game was developing with some neat stuff through the hands. Expecting he will have a stellar 2020 season.

Crazy now to think he was being shopped around early last year but you couldn't blame Penrith after the way he started.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Sad news on Tyrone. I guess it's the end of footy for him. Who is our utility now?

Re Edwards he is probably the most underrated player in our top 30 now. Horrible start to 2019 but he bounced back admirably and actually showed signs his game was developing with some neat stuff through the hands. Expecting he will have a stellar 2020 season.

Crazy now to think he was being shopped around early last year but you couldn't blame Penrith after the way he started.

Bring back the :peach:

age.s

First Grade
He and Nathan are very close, you look at their instagrams and they are practically joined at the hip, so much so that I reckon it was almost certainly Nath in one of those videos.

His chin is visible from space mate. We'd know if he was in the video surely.

Crashtest

Juniors
Well I hope it works out that way for him. I wonder what the NRL IU will do?

The NRL now has their zero tolerance policy for violence against women, with how swiftly they banned Barba an example of it.

I know May's charges aren't violence related, but as they are still against female victims, I think the NRL will step in and ban him. Which would take it out of Penriths hands on whether to sack him or not.

franklin2323

Immortal

If he starts this year how he finished then he will be re-signed early on you would think

Jed or Burns you would think is the utility with Kenny gives the cover

betcats

Referee
The NRL now has their zero tolerance policy for violence against women, with how swiftly they banned Barba an example of it.

I know May's charges aren't violence related, but as they are still against female victims, I think the NRL will step in and ban him. Which would take it out of Penriths hands on whether to sack him or not.

I think Penrith will try and stand by him but yeah there is a fair chance the nrl will barba him I guess.

age.s

First Grade
If they are innocent how are their lives ruined? They get paid, they are allowed to use the clubs facilities and support systems, they still have a job after. Stopping someone from playing isn’t ruining their by any means.

You can't just have 1-2 years out of the game and come back at the same level you were at before. JDB has played his last Origin irrespective of the outcome of his case. "Ruin lives" might be a bit hyperbolic, but it's a cynical, PR driven rule that assumes guilt over innocence and is open to exploitation.

Fangs

Coach
Another one bites the dust.

At least we aren't in negotiations with all these guys. It would be far more depressing knowing we tried and failed miserably. Sitting on our hands doing nothing feels much better.

betcats

Referee
You can't just have 1-2 years out of the game and come back at the same level you were at before. JDB has played his last Origin irrespective of the outcome of his case. "Ruin lives" might be a bit hyperbolic, but it's a cynical, PR driven rule that assumes guilt over innocence and is open to exploitation.

It doesn’t assume guilt at all it is just wrong to say that. Plenty of people would be stood down or fired in JDBs position, I would be for sure.

As for exploitation, if someone is going to falsely accuse a player of a serious crime then they are putting themselves at a huge amount of risk, think what it would take.

Dave's mate

Juniors
If they are innocent how are their lives ruined? They get paid, they are allowed to use the clubs facilities and support systems, they still have a job after. Stopping someone from playing isn’t ruining their by any means.
Kids will miss their shot because of lies. Happy for life bans for anyone guilty but to punish on suspicion is evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts