What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

martielang

Bench
I think you will find Burns and Yeo are quite different next season. Burns passing skill leaves Yeo for dead and he has good late footwork at the line. He also looks like a guy with natural footballing instincts, one of those guys who can see the play unfolding and puts themselves in the right place at the right time often. He has been a tryscorer throughout the lower grades.

eDIT: I don't see Burns getting near the PCT metres Yeo gets when healthy.

Both Burns & Yeo are hole runners, much like Capewell is. All are capable of playing centre, none of them are going to trample an opponent on their way to the try line or flick an offload in traffic.

I guess it does depend on where they see Yeo playing this year. I wouldn't be too quick to move him to the middle, I feel last year he was clearly hampered by injury & prior to that he was terrific on an edge.

I wouldn't be disappointed signing Capewell, he's a solid player & you know what you're gonna get, I just think if we're going to reinforce the backrow, i'd rather a bit more variety. You could sign Kyle Turner to do the same job for less money.

OldPanther

Coach
Yeah, it was disgusting.

I don't know. I dislike what he did but I like him as an example of what a person can be (reformed Lodge) Vs how he was when younger. Any young blokes who are like him can be shown a better way and that society won't just give up on them if they put the effort in.

Power of the broncos. Look at David fifita incident reporting, they made him the victim despite the fact he committed an unprovoked assault.

Did they? I thought they just paid off whoever and it went quiet. Wouldn't surprise me though seeing as they are owned by "News Limited".

Blues Riff

Bench
Happy to see the back of May. In my eyes he was always guilty of being a dickhead. I wanted him gone since the day the video scandal broke. The club has been more than fair to him, considering the damage he has done to the Panthers brand.

betcats

Referee
Both Burns & Yeo are hole runners, much like Capewell is. All are capable of playing centre, none of them are going to trample an opponent on their way to the try line or flick an offload in traffic.

I.

Yeah you are just simplifying burns game quite a bit. Burns is a lot more then a hole runner and is very capable of flicking an offload in traffic, he literally had two great flick passes under pressure on debut, he has a very good attacking skillset and much more rounded then Yeo. Burns might not trample someone close to the line, but he will certainly get over it consistently.

kinghippo

Juniors
Capewell is a solid but not exciting player, just the way Ivan likes it.
Good player, full of effort.

Maybe Burns will end up in the centre’s, he certainly looked good there against the knights.

The yak

Juniors
Yes to Capewell. Would prefer a mongrel prop or an experienced centre, but maybe the fish aren't biting our way.

OldPanther

Coach
Top 5 but none are any better then the others there

Yes they are. Lodge sorted himself out and met all the NRL's requirements to come back and is now a mentor for young blokes to not turn out like him. Tetevano bashed his misses multiple times then blamed the "toxic NRL culture" to get sympathy then came back to the NRL. There's nuance here.

Flashstep

Juniors
Tetevano is a f**king idiot but Lodge hasn’t really changed imo, he was just smart enough to realise a bunch of empty words were enough to sway the NRL. Its the same with Folau, if he wasn’t a moron he could have just said an empty apology and I bet the nrl would have been bending over backwards to get him. Instead he doubles down like an imbecile and costs himself millions of dollars.

re: lodge you can tell the bloke is a merkin when he starts losing, tries to start shit all the time, wish he was playing 10 years ago because he would have at least copped a few broken teeth by now but now days you can’t even lay a finger on someone. The fact that he’s still playing is honestly absurd to me, people can talk about the good of rehabilitation but to me if you’re stupid enough to go overseas and terrorise a young family most likely scarring a child psychologically you should consider yourself lucky not to be in jail, instead he gets paid to do something thousands of kids would dream about as a career. I fail to see the justice in that and I bet the family that suffered because of Lodge has much stronger feelings about it then I do

franklin2323

Immortal
Yes they are. Lodge sorted himself out and met all the NRL's requirements to come back and is now a mentor for young blokes to not turn out like him. Tetevano bashed his misses multiple times then blamed the "toxic NRL culture" to get sympathy then came back to the NRL. There's nuance here.

They are all just as bad imo

OldPanther

Coach
They are all just as bad imo

You'd be wrong here. I don't mean to sound like I'm being a dick but painting everyone with the same brush is terrible. Every case should be judged on it's own merit. Saying bad man bad is very simplistic.

Edit: it means you think I'm just as bad as these guys.

Tetevano is a f**king idiot but Lodge hasn’t really changed imo, he was just smart enough to realise a bunch of empty words were enough to sway the NRL. Its the same with Folau, if he wasn’t a moron he could have just said an empty apology and I bet the nrl would have been bending over backwards to get him. Instead he doubles down like an imbecile and costs himself millions of dollars.

re: lodge you can tell the bloke is a merkin when he starts losing, tries to start shit all the time, wish he was playing 10 years ago because he would have at least copped a few broken teeth by now but now days you can’t even lay a finger on someone. The fact that he’s still playing is honestly absurd to me, people can talk about the good of rehabilitation but to me if you’re stupid enough to go overseas and terrorise a young family most likely scarring a child psychologically you should consider yourself lucky not to be in jail, instead he gets paid to do something thousands of kids would dream about as a career. I fail to see the justice in that and I bet the family that suffered because of Lodge has much stronger feelings about it then I do

It's a pretty big claim to say he hasn't changed due to on field grubbery.

Joel Thompson is a grub on field yet founded the mindset project:

https://themindsetproject.com.au

"After a breakdown in 2011, Joel finally sought professional help. Taking the opportunity to address his demons, and through a lot of personal development work, he managed to develop the mindset he needed to reshape his own path, and the resilience to deal with setbacks. As a result of his hard work, his passion to help, and his personal understanding of the tough upbringing, Joel has been invited to share his journey with many schools, sports clubs, cultural and business organisations over the last seven years.

Through these speaking experience, Joel has developed his inspiring Mindset Project. Sharing his own story and workshopping a series of mindset practices and coping strategies, his program has been successfully tailored to suit various group needs. Suitable and engaging for both young and adults, the Mindset Project has proven successful in helping many people change the perception they have of themselves and what they are capable of achieving."

Screenshot_20191122-174631_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts