What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldPanther

Coach
Sammy Mack / Peter Wallace = Hard Core Panther Men, they’d do what ever they could for the team.

Moyza = Very talented, shit work ethic which always hampers his recovery from injury. He can stay with the Sharks.

It's not a comparison of toughness or who's a more dedicated Panther. If it was I'd be voting for Peter Wallace.

The type of injuries matter though. Some injuries can be minimised hammy’s calves etc fall into this category... Which is what Moylan seems always have

Hamstrings are actually permenantly volatile once they go. Much like Mckendry and his knee Moylan, Boyd, Foran and many others will always be at risk of having it reoccurring.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
It's not a comparison of toughness or who's a more dedicated Panther. If it was I'd be voting for Peter Wallace.

Hamstrings are actually permenantly volatile once they go. Much like Mckendry and his knee Moylan, Boyd, Foran and many others will always be at risk of having it reoccurring.

The difference is, McKendry worked extremely hard in rehab and did everything possible to get healthy.

Moylan did not.

If Moyza took his rehab as seriously as Sam, he’d spend a lot more time on the field, but he’d rather party.

franklin2323

Immortal

There wouldn’t be a single player that hasn’t had a hamstring go in the 20 odd years of playing. Those that rehab well are fine those who don’t not so.

You don’t see guys like Edwards, Cleary etc missing many games due to muscle injuries

OldPanther

Coach
There wouldn’t be a single player that hasn’t had a hamstring go in the 20 odd years of playing. Those that rehab well are fine those who don’t not so.

You don’t see guys like Edwards, Cleary etc missing many games due to muscle injuries

You do actually are you saying every player to have multiple hamstring injuries to be bad at rehabbing?

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/blo...equency-re-injury-and-length-of-recovery.html

Hamstring injuries are the most common injury in sports1 and have been shown to occur 176 times per NFL season or 5-6 per team each season.2 The most common mechanism of hamstring injury in the NFL was non-contact sprinting which caused 68.2 percent of hamstring strains. Hamstring re-injury is fairly common and has been shown to occur in approximately 16 percent of hamstring injuries.

It seems more likely players are being brought back to early more than anything and you'd have to increase the numbers for NRL due to the more endurance style of the sport

Flashstep

Juniors
inconsistency is what held Moylan back.

Constant injuries and inconsistency are basically intertwined when it comes to sport, long recoveries eat into developing your game, sometimes players are rushed back and they're injured quickly once again because they haven’t fully recovered.

Once a player has fully recovered well then they have to catch up to the speed of top level play once again which usually takes a while, and then they have to try and fit into new game plans/combinations etc. And before you know it some players are injured again and have to repeat the process.

franklin2323

Immortal
You do actually are you saying every player to have multiple hamstring injuries to be bad at rehabbing?

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/blo...equency-re-injury-and-length-of-recovery.html

Hamstring injuries are the most common injury in sports1 and have been shown to occur 176 times per NFL season or 5-6 per team each season.2 The most common mechanism of hamstring injury in the NFL was non-contact sprinting which caused 68.2 percent of hamstring strains. Hamstring re-injury is fairly common and has been shown to occur in approximately 16 percent of hamstring injuries.

It seems more likely players are being brought back to early more than anything and you'd have to increase the numbers for NRL due to the more endurance style of the sport

How many times did JT or Cronk miss multiple games due to calf or hammy issues?

Exsilium

First Grade
I thought it was pretty clear Moylan had a pretty poor attitude, whether in the rehab centre or on the field.

Loved to attack, lazy in defence.

I can’t recall how many times he’d meander over to a ball or slide over like a slug in defence, only to have his pants pulled down. He had one good run with us, one with the sharks and nothing has changed.

But it’s easier to blame someone else for his issues.

franklin2323

Immortal
You can't just randomly name players. My post you quoted says there is a percent chance of reinjury. How about Whare who has had multiple hamstring injuries?

It said several per team.. so how many Storm or Roosters players missed games? Goes to professional attitude something we have lacked for a while

OldPanther

Coach
Which is why it always changes but the players that move on don’t improve. So the attitude too is poor

I'm not going to argue this one because there is a case to be made but it means the club needs to look at the culture and attitude going right down through the juniors up to the highest level of the organisation otherwise you'll keep getting players who mirror the bad attitude.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm not going to argue this one because there is a case to be made but it means the club needs to look at the culture and attitude going right down through the juniors up to the highest level of the organisation otherwise you'll keep getting players who mirror the bad attitude.

Can’t start at juniors though. They have school etc and most won’t make the next step. I hope that the shorter deals will make the guys work harder once they get around the top side

OldPanther

Coach
Unless the coaching staff take disciplinary action against culturally bad players like Moylan. But when they do, they get criticised by some fans. Are those fans culturally bad for the club?

No one was criticising Griffin for dropping the players who broke curfew in Melbourne that time. I remember most thought it was fair.

franklin2323

Immortal
Unless the coaching staff take disciplinary action against culturally bad players like Moylan. But when they do, they get criticised by some fans. Are those fans culturally bad for the club?

This. 2 guys last year missed games due to showing up late. We lost both those games. Lost the game that hook dropped the 3 guys that broke curfew... the head coach is taking hits for the long term culture

OldPanther

Coach
Can’t start at juniors though. They have school etc and most won’t make the next step. I hope that the shorter deals will make the guys work harder once they get around the top side

I think you can. The club can have standards they expect. If you don't put in to a set standard with training and rehab you aren't welcome for example. Some simple things can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.