What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave's mate

Juniors
You have the 4 elite ones in Turbo,Rts,Ponga and Teddy.

Gutherson is maybe next or perhaps Holmes now he is back.

After that it does drop a little. Clockstead perhaps? I reckon from 7-16 it comes down to form that season.
Papenhauzen has the nost potential but is small. Let's see how goes after teams ragdolll him a little.
Haha Gutho is a handy first grader and nothing more. The media wank over him is baffling

hindy111

Post Whore
Haha Gutho is a handy first grader and nothing more. The media wank over him is baffling

And why he was paid 650K and not over 1mill like the others.
His defense is average.He is safe under high ball.
But he is the best ball playing fullback in comp. His LBAS and TAs would back that.Where he finished first for fullbacks in these areas. Ponga could be that but not yet.
Great support player and brings enthusiasm to team.
Not fast enough or powerfull enough to be elite.
I'd only trade him for the 4 I mentioned

hindy111

Post Whore
Moylan plays soft. I don't mind Edwards..Runs hard and young. Just looked a little lost in attack at times. He will benefit if the team straighten their attack instead of going sideways.

MugaB

Coach
Here we go, another parra player being ranked, thanks for visiting the panthers forum to discuss parra players,
Hoffman played for wenty for a reason.
And gutho is average, but the best option for parra, just like edwards is penriths best option

martielang

Bench
I’d go the 4 you had as elite. Have to go Cutherson due to Origin 18th man. Holmes in that group. Brimson. Moylan then the rest.

Rate the 5/8th and Luai/Burton is equally as low.

Those who say we need a centre aren’t wrong but just other priorities 1st

Brimson? Plenty of potential but he’s done diddly squat in first grade.

Moylan? In 2016, sure.

Holmes? Quality winger.

Edwards was easily the equal of any mentioned the back half of last year. Actually he was well superior to those 3.

franklin2323

Immortal
Brimson? Plenty of potential but he’s done diddly squat in first grade.

Moylan? In 2016, sure.

Holmes? Quality winger.

Edwards was easily the equal of any mentioned the back half of last year. Actually he was well superior to those 3.

no speed. Can’t ball play.. In what way is he superior?

hindy111

Post Whore
Depends if Mybe plays FB then he will be the king of that but if not then yep he gets the crown. There is 4 elite FB. 2 or 3 developing and the rest are mediocre. It is his crown so far

Agree. But he costs less then Mbye and about the same as DWZ who I rate close. It's the ball playing and also kicking game that separates The King.
Plus the energy he brings. But yeah he gets hyped up cause of his personality.
The dogs season changed when DWZ come along. But he can't ball play at all.

OldPanther

Coach
But he is the best ball playing fullback in comp. His LBAS and TAs would back that.Where he finished first for fullbacks in these areas. Ponga could be that but not yet.

Here we go, another parra player being ranked, thanks for visiting the panthers forum to discuss parra players,
Hoffman played for wenty for a reason.
And gutho is average, but the best option for parra, just like edwards is penriths best option

Weird part is Gutho has good ball playing stats. I never would've picked it. He looks so average.

Line break assists:

Screenshot_20191213-061203_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Try assists:

Screenshot_20191213-061446_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

age.s

First Grade
no speed. Can’t ball play.. In what way is he superior?

At his best he's very good defensively which is something fullbacks don't get rated on enough. Great at cleaning up kicks/grubbers. Defensive positioning is good. Reacts quickly to the play. Very safe under the high ball. Makes big effort plays. A try saved is a try scored.

He's not slow either. He's no JAC or Roberts but he's quick enough and tough to tackle. Made plenty of half breaks in the second half of the year and was about the only player we ever had supporting full breaks.

None of this puts him in the elite class of FB, but he's not a dud like some here seem to claim and he's still a kid. I don't think we swap him out for someone who isn't in the Tedesco/Ponga category.

mxlegend99

Referee
Not if you average them over games played:

Try Assists:

Moylan - Average 0.7
Turbo - Average 0.7
Tedesco - Average 0.5
Widdop - Average 0.5
Ponga - Average 0.5

4 guys equal or ahead.

Linebreak Assists:
Moylan - Average 1.1 (highest of everyone)
Turbo - 0.6
Gutho - 0.6

Gutho is solid and has a bit of everything. Better all rounder than most. But best ball playing fullback isn't right. He's in the top 5. But even a shitty out of form Moylan wins that easily. Its the other areas of fullback he is poor in.

hindy111

Post Whore
Not if you average them over games played:

Try Assists:

Moylan - Average 0.7
Turbo - Average 0.7
Tedesco - Average 0.5
Widdop - Average 0.5
Ponga - Average 0.5

4 guys equal or ahead.

Linebreak Assists:
Moylan - Average 1.1 (highest of everyone)
Turbo - 0.6
Gutho - 0.6

Gutho is solid and has a bit of everything. Better all rounder than most. But best ball playing fullback isn't right. He's in the top 5. But even a shitty out of form Moylan wins that easily. Its the other areas of fullback he is poor in.

That's cause Moylan plays like a 5/8 and so does Widdop atleast in attack structures atleast. Neither are fullbacks.Moylan in 6/11 games ran for less then 100mtrs this season. Edward's 15 x ran for more then 140mtrs and 6 x over 200mtrs.
My point is it's also relative to cost.
Ponga will cost over 1 mill. Is his output worth it? Teddy and RTS sure are. Turbo yes when fit but always injured.
Edward's would cost maybe 250k - 300k. Good value if ask me. And worth it. Guys like him are fine.
Guys like Nathan on 1 mill need to step up. I reckon next year he will go up a gear tbh. Maloney was stagnating the side and going sideways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.