What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashtest

Juniors
And the same could be said for motive to make false claims if the relationship is breaking down like in the SKD case. Even more so with the new rules

The Semi Radradra and Hazem El Masri cases were other examples of ex partners or wife’s making false accusations for revenge after they had moved on with new partners.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Makes total sense. The part I am against is the court of public opinion using it to permenantly judge someone found not guilty like with Walker.

I totally agree. I don't think Walker was found not guilty, but rather his partner refused to testify against him. This of course made it very difficult to get a guilty verdict when both involved stand reunited and deny the allegations. Hence the court had no option but to view in favour of Walker.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/10/dylan-walker-found-not-guilty-of-assault-charge/

And I quote 'At an earlier hearing Ms Ivkovic recanted her story (meaning she withdrew it) to police, saying she had been upset and overtired.....'

hindy111

Post Whore
The Semi Radradra and Hazem El Masri cases were other examples of ex partners or wife’s making false accusations for revenge after they had moved on with new partners.

Maybe false or maybe just not enough evidence to be proven guilty. We will never know.

hindy111

Post Whore
I assumed Tyrone and Hayne will share a cell with De Bellin.
The charges seem quite strong against all 3. Hayne might have the best chance to get off due to the amount of money he has behind him.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hayne and De Bellins alleged crimes would be way worse than Tyrones. Rape is altogether another level.
Yeah not even the same ballpark.

May pleading guilty can possibly avoid going away at all. Seems very likely this will be the case as part of his plea deal.

If Hayne or JDB are guilty there's zero chance of that. I just hope both are innocent and found as such. Id like to believe no one was a victim of the alleged crimes as they're pretty horrific.

hindy111

Post Whore
A bad mistake which I think he will learn greatly from. I think he will simply settle down with a nice girl, and get on with his life.

Nice girl? This suggests pending on the person on how they should be treated.
To many football players with inflated egos thinking they can treat others with disrespect. I have little compassion for them.

TheFrog

Coach
Nice girl? This suggests pending on the person on how they should be treated.
To many football players with inflated egos thinking they can treat others with disrespect. I have little compassion for them.
Not just football players. Try riding a bicycle around our fair city.

kinghippo

Juniors
Huh?

May is very unlikely to be jailed. Non violent, first time offence.
I honestly think the club doesn’t know how to approach the situation with May.
It’s a very new scenario, I think they will be hoping the Nrl hand down a heavy sentence and they can see out the rest of his contract and not renew it.
He is only contracted until the end of 2020

Kilkenny

Coach
The most important aspect for me in respect of any punishment around off field indiscretions, including criminal convictions, is consistency.

If the NRL want to hit Tyrone May with a sledge hammer so be it as long the next player who is guilty of similar indiscretions is dealt with in a similar manner.

I think he has been punished enough other than the significant fine he is going to have to pay but otherwise he should be free to play in 2020.

kinghippo

Juniors
The most important aspect for me in respect of any punishment around off field indiscretions, including criminal convictions, is consistency.

If the NRL want to hit Tyrone May with a sledge hammer so be it as long the next player who is guilty of similar indiscretions is dealt with in a similar manner.

I think he has been punished enough other than the significant fine he is going to have to pay but otherwise he should be free to play in 2020.
I don’t think he should play for us again.
He won’t get jail time but the crime is horrible enough an example needs to be set.
The club can’t play him and not expect a massive amount of bad publicity.
I am all for second chances but I don’t think the chance should come from the panthers.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don’t think he should play for us again.
He won’t get jail time but the crime is horrible enough an example needs to be set.
The club can’t play him and not expect a massive amount of bad publicity.
I am all for second chances but I don’t think the chance should come from the panthers.

I do understand your point of view, which is perhaps the majority opinion.

I note our coach was quoted in the media 5 days ago providing his support for Tyrone and hoping he is available for us this season.

The NRL and salary cap is cutthroat at the best of times while I don’t what to see him punished further, at the same time harsh as it sounds it may not be a bad thing for us if he was to be sacked. Frees up space for an outside back and there are a few still available.

Kilkenny

Coach
The other issue with the Tyrone May scandal is the culprit who made the videos public has never been publicly identified or held to account.

I don’t seek to excuse Tyrone May in any shape or form for what did but it is somewhat of a shame the perpetrator who made the videos public largely, gets off scot free even if it was one of our own.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
The other issue with the Tyrone May scandal is the culprit who made the videos public has never been publicly identified or held to account.

I don’t seek to excuse Tyrone May in any shape or form for what did but it is somewhat of a shame the perpetrator who made the videos public largely, gets off scot free even if it was one of our own.
The "distribution" charges were dropped as part of the plea deal. Don't know if the police are still looking for the distributor or whether they are happy the case is closed.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...l/news-story/ee87a1510a1d52d4776ffc6889474c59

franklin2323

Immortal

That for me is why I thought it was weird those charges were dropped. That is how the issue occured with it getting passed on then released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts