What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news. Sauce should take the money elsewhere unfortunately but he stayed for less last time so i cant blame him.

It is interesting how expectations have changed at Penrith , once upon a time we weren't even in the mix to sign a current state of origin prop at his peak. Now many are disappointed by it.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
It is interesting how expectations have changed at Penrith , once upon a time we weren't even in the mix to sign a current state of origin prop at his peak. Now many are disappointed by it.

Not me. I think we need him... The Storm game was the perfect example of of that!

mxlegend99

Referee
No one is disappointed at who we are signing. It's what we are paying to get him.

How would $750k of the current scap scale to what we paid Petero back in 2010? Probably similar. But if you're willing to outbid every club for players you will get some. Look at the Eels.

No one is disappointed at who we are signing. It's what we are paying to get him.

How would $750k of the current scap scale to what we paid Petero back in 2010? Probably similar. But if you're willing to outbid every club for players you will get some. Look at the Eels.

I understand that but in the past we weren't even in the mix at the right price , the club just wasn't a desirable destination.

I've followed the panthers since 1990 , we rarely sign players at their peak , not anymore though.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
We don't know what he's being paid, it's all just speculation.

I remember when one of my best mates signed to play for the Storm, the Money he was reported to have signed for and what he actually signed for were very different.

I doubt very much that Gus would work as hard as he has, to fix the squad and stay with in the rules, only to mess it up with one signing. He's much smarter then that!

Big Mick

Referee
We don't know what he's being paid, it's all just speculation.

I remember when one of my best mates signed to play for the Storm, the Money he was reported to have signed for and what he actually signed for were very different.

I doubt very much that Gus would work as hard as he has, to fix the squad and stay with in the rules, only to mess it up with one signing. He's much smarter then that!

Bingo.

I know for a fact that the deal the media is talking is BS.

MrBlack

Juniors
I think we should stop looking at the individual signing of Tamau but look at it as an investment on the balance of the team.

We have our future halves all tied up in Cleary and TMM but they are young and inexperienced. The best thing you can give them for their development is a strong forward pack to work behind.

If I were a new/young half this is the forward pack I would like

Tamau
Wallace (works as a half back up)
RCG
Cartwright
Yeo
Merrin

then off the bench (any combination of)
Peachy
Gremvsmel
McKendry
Latu
Matagi

Copperhead

Juniors
I think we should stop looking at the individual signing of Tamau but look at it as an investment on the balance of the team.

We have our future halves all tied up in Cleary and TMM but they are young and inexperienced. The best thing you can give them for their development is a strong forward pack to work behind.

If I were a new/young half this is the forward pack I would like

Tamau
Wallace (works as a half back up)
RCG
Cartwright
Yeo
Merrin

then off the bench (any combination of)
Peachy
Gremvsmel
McKendry
Latu
Matagi

JFH not good enough?

By the way, it's Tamou, Peachey and Grevsmuhl.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
JFH will be in there certainly, Mckendry or Matagi will miss out imo. You can add Leota to that depth chart and I would expect guys like Clark and Kikau to play some FG next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.