What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinghippo

Juniors
Where would you play Doueihi though? Centre?
I don’t really know him that well, he seems to have been used as a jack of all trades master of none.
Mainly fullback and 5/8 a bit similar to Burton from what I can tell, very tall and skill full .
He will probably go to the tigers for a starting spot if madge likes him.

age.s

First Grade
Money wise we are probably out of the picture anyway.

$500k is insane money for a promising kid though. Souths are going to struggle to offload the kid if that amount is true. You'd think they'll need to chip in.

martielang

Bench
Fullback, centre, in the halves if we have issues. He would be good enough to displace any of our backs.

Money wise we are probably out of the picture anyway.

You've lost it Fangs if you think he's better then Edwards. I also wouldn't have him over 5/8th over Luai - at this point anyway.

I can only see a starting spot for him at Centre, but would be great cover for the other positions as well if we cop an injury or two.

betcats

Referee
I’d sign him as a centre. We just need a centre who can catch and pass and draw and pass on the left side to take advantage of all the attention Kikau gets, there are overlaps outside him all day long.

Fangs

Coach
You've lost it Fangs if you think he's better then Edwards. I also wouldn't have him over 5/8th over Luai - at this point anyway.

I can only see a starting spot for him at Centre, but would be great cover for the other positions as well if we cop an injury or two.

If I had an alt account it'd be called 'Edwards No. 1 Fan'. But unless Korisau and Luai have a brilliant 2020 we will struggle in attack without a ball player at fullback. We have to cover Cleary's weaknesses in attack.

He would jump in the halves if we have issues. Not an admission that he is better than Luai.

franklin2323

Immortal
If I had an alt account it'd be called 'Edwards No. 1 Fan'. But unless Korisau and Luai have a brilliant 2020 we will struggle in attack without a ball player at fullback. We have to cover Cleary's weaknesses in attack.

He would jump in the halves if we have issues. Not an admission that he is better than Luai.

I am in the move Burton or Luai to Fb camp so I get we need more from the FB. In 15 games Douei ave 110m a game. 0 tries. 3 try assists numbers that aren’t that impressive. Best off keeping Edwards with numbers like that

MugaB

Coach
I am in the move Burton or Luai to Fb camp so I get we need more from the FB. In 15 games Douei ave 110m a game. 0 tries. 3 try assists numbers that aren’t that impressive. Best off keeping Edwards with numbers like that
No bunnies thanks, if they are not good enough to play 1st grade at their own club, we don't need them, its a waste of time, when we already have our own juniors stocked and ready to jump in.
Chricton needs more 1st grade, Burns, Jed, Leinu, even burton these guys we should be looking at, not waynes rejects.
Why everyone wants another outside back is beyond me, especially when rumoured 2nd graders are floating around without a club, let some other club pick them up, we should be looking out for marquee signings that will propel us forward, not sign more juniors.
If we can free space for Josh Addo Carr, im ok with that, but otherwise, Whare, Chricton, Naden, Burns or even Capewell can cover us this year, not every club needs a star centre. Its a good position to add our junior ranks towards

franklin2323

Immortal
No bunnies thanks, if they are not good enough to play 1st grade at their own club, we don't need them, its a waste of time, when we already have our own juniors stocked and ready to jump in.
Chricton needs more 1st grade, Burns, Jed, Leinu, even burton these guys we should be looking at, not waynes rejects.
Why everyone wants another outside back is beyond me, especially when rumoured 2nd graders are floating around without a club, let some other club pick them up, we should be looking out for marquee signings that will propel us forward, not sign more juniors.
If we can free space for Josh Addo Carr, im ok with that, but otherwise, Whare, Chricton, Naden, Burns or even Capewell can cover us this year, not every club needs a star centre. Its a good position to add our junior ranks towards

I agree. I want a proven 1st grader or what is the point

MugaB

Coach
I agree. I want a proven 1st grader or what is the point
Well yeah, if we are seriously buying from outside our club, its just has to be.
We are already a development club, no point developing a player from outside just coz they've come onto the market, unless they are already a proven 1st grader

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
firefighter-auction-kicking-session-with-panthers-playmakers-24-1920x1080.jpg

3 into 2.......

Warriors prefer kiwis...

Fangs

Coach

franklin2323

Immortal
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/18/cleary-reveals-race-for-panthers-no.6-jersey-is-still-wide-open/

Ultimately we should pick the best player in the 6. And the player who compliments our spine.

To me that is Luai. Easily the most dynamic player in our spine. I haven't seen enough of Burton to say he is better. His debut was a success because he stuck to a simple plan and Cleary had a blinder. When Cleary doesn't do then how does Burton pick up the slack?

One has played 5 games in the halves. One has played 1 game. Neither is going to go well for the whole season

play Luai at FB or Centre where he can play off the cuff like Moylan did. Still gives us a left and right foot kicker in the halves and gives more strike power.

Status
Not open for further replies.