What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldPanther

Coach
I wonder what would happen if a player is off contract during their stand down.

They wouldn’t be able to sign a new contract and would stop being payed.

If they were then found not guilty it would be pretty rough.

I don't know what the actual rules are since I don't think the scenario has been publicly talked about by the NRL yet but I am guessing they'll consider it necessary collateral damage since they could've addressed it with Hayne and didn't.

Whino

Bench
Josh Morris is the Roosters target, not Dugan.

Correct however he has been blocked from leaving the Sharks.

The Cronulla Sharks are holding firm on blocking a request from former Test and Origin centre Josh Morris to join back-to-back premiers the Sydney Roosters effective immediately.
The Roosters approached Morris about reuniting with twin brother Brett at the Tricolours this season in the wake of young gun Billy Smith sustaining an ACL injury last month.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/87f8cd611415c58e3b0cd53e5aafae8a

Blade23

Juniors
Correct however he has been blocked from leaving the Sharks.

The Cronulla Sharks are holding firm on blocking a request from former Test and Origin centre Josh Morris to join back-to-back premiers the Sydney Roosters effective immediately.
The Roosters approached Morris about reuniting with twin brother Brett at the Tricolours this season in the wake of young gun Billy Smith sustaining an ACL injury last month.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/87f8cd611415c58e3b0cd53e5aafae8a

Probably playing hard ball over terms.

Kilkenny

Coach
Probably playing hard ball over terms.

I know the Sharks had a few retirees and players leaving but bringing Ramien back While still having highly paid players on there books who are at the back end of there careers, injury prone or not performing at there best or what there paid is an interesting recipe. They could be in for an interesting season, hopefully a very poor one that would be nice.

franklin2323

Immortal
I know the Sharks had a few retirees and players leaving but bringing Ramien back While still having highly paid players on there books who are at the back end of there careers, injury prone or not performing at there best or what there paid is an interesting recipe. They could be in for an interesting season, hopefully a very poor one that would be nice.

It is more why I think we will go ok. Not so much that our side is complete but others are far worse off that is just one example

Kilkenny

Coach
It is more why I think we will go ok. Not so much that our side is complete but others are far worse off that is just one example

The competition is incredibly even. I tend to think the competition heavyweights including the Roosters and Storm are slightly down on there normal high standard playing rosters so there is an opportunity for all 16 sides to improve on 2019. Luck, injury and other factors are going to play a big part but I think this season will be one of the closest off recent times.

Blade23

Juniors

Sharks are interesting I can see them go either way.
On one hand they have lost a bit of experience, Fifita's knee is reportedly bone on bone (yet he keeps going), Dugan and his issues, Josh Morris wanting out, there cap isn't spread right, a few players are roller coasters in performances and they don't have a home ground this year. That is a big disadvantage.

Usually the teams that do well have limited injuries and distractions.

On the other hand they are always tough to beat and I just wonder if tragic cancer diagnosis of Fine Kula could galvanise them enough to play finals football.

John Hamblin

Juniors
Just a thought what happens in the unlikely event of a player stood down under the NRL : No Fault Rule is found nor guilty AND the club has not sought salary cap relief; is it then REASONABLE that the club should be able to claim an increase in salary cap equal to that what the player would have earned whether it is over one year or more. Just a thought as I think like many other the rule has more holes than jarlsberg cheese.

Coastal

Juniors
"Ok" sounds about the limit. The nines are already showing that Kori with any time off the field and Kikau in the same situation will be the death knell of this team and season. Cleary has shown nothing with the extra space provided in this format, and Mansour continues to play dumb football. It is going to be a rudderless ship again in 2020, Cleary just doesn't have any idea.

franklin2323

Immortal
"Ok" sounds about the limit. The nines are already showing that Kori with any time off the field and Kikau in the same situation will be the death knell of this team and season. Cleary has shown nothing with the extra space provided in this format, and Mansour continues to play dumb football. It is going to be a rudderless ship again in 2020, Cleary just doesn't have any idea.

Ahh yes 5 sets a half you get in 9’s tells you everything..

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

'We'll all be rooned said Hanrahan in accents most forlorn'........why am I not surprised. I suppose I should have expected it. Funny that after yesterdays win all I heard was crickets from your keyboard.

John Hamblin

Juniors

What a negative post! Some people can't wait to lay the boot in. Making judgements on our season based on a nines game is drawing a long bow. As I've said previously I will be backing the Panthers to make the eight.

BxTom

Bench
Nines football isn't a guide, be it good or bad, to the normal NRL season. Need to wait until about 5 - 6 games in.

Fangs

Coach
Possibly the one advantage of nines (I can't think of any other) is that it removes cobwebs from some players.

When was the last time we saw Mansour running in open space like he did in the nines? Serious cobwebs right there.

Looked a bit slower. He will really need to work hard for his spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.