What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a very average human and he's old outside back

Personally I don’t care about being the woke footy team, I care about winning. We’ve got two guys on the roster that have done far worse than Folau. As for his age, I don’t think that’s a concern. He’s a super fit individual and he’s been playing the much less physical RU. I doubt his body is in bad shape at all.

franklin2323

Immortal
Personally I don’t care about being the woke footy team, I care about winning. We’ve got two guys on the roster that have done far worse than Folau. As for his age, I don’t think that’s a concern. He’s a super fit individual and he’s been playing the much less physical RU. I doubt his body is in bad shape at all.

Very few guys at 32 are able to take 20 odd runs off their line getting belted by a set defence line. That is the side of it that is the risk

Kilkenny

Coach
Very few guys at 32 are able to take 20 odd runs off their line getting belted by a set defence line. That is the side of it that is the risk

All of our junior sides seem to made a positive start to there 2020 seasons so let’s hope there is some quality in the outside backs to emerge in the next season or two.

I’ve only been to one of the SG Ball games and that was against CC Roosters and we won by 50 odd so pretty hard to make any assessment against poor opposition.

Israel is not an option for us although it is not beyond the realms of possibility someone could pick him up for a season or two. Most likely would be the usual suspects.

And very few guys are as fit as Israel Folau. As I said, his body isn’t banged up from years of rugby league, rugby union backs do very little physical work.

The risk is also mitigated by getting to see how he goes in super league this year, and I also doubt he’ll be commanding huge dollars.

All of our junior sides seem to made a positive start to there 2020 seasons so let’s hope there is some quality in the outside backs to emerge in the next season or two.

I’ve only been to one of the SG Ball games and that was against CC Roosters and we won by 50 odd so pretty hard to make any assessment against poor opposition.

Israel is not an option for us although it is not beyond the realms of possibility someone could pick him up for a season or two. Most likely would be the usual suspects.

SG Ball guys are 2-3 years away from FG, maybe even 4 years.

Falou lives close to Penrith, I see no reason why we couldn’t be in the hunt for him.

Kilkenny

Coach
SG Ball guys are 2-3 years away from FG, maybe even 4 years.

Falou lives close to Penrith, I see no reason why we couldn’t be in the hunt for him.

I know we are in this never ending cycle of hoping and praying (nothing to do with Israel;s beliefs) that the next big thing is around the corner but backs do tend to emerge at a much younger age than forwards for the most part. SG Ball is Under 18’s and plenty of NRL outside backs have debuted at 18 or younger although I believe the rule is they have to 18 now. I know young Brian To’o has made a decent fist of his introduction to the NRL but it is surprising we haven’t seen more outside backs emerging from our junior ranks, all the decent ones seem to be in the forwards.

I know we are in this never ending cycle of hoping and praying (nothing to do with Israel;s beliefs) that the next big thing is around the corner but backs do tend to emerge at a much younger age than forwards for the most part. SG Ball is Under 18’s and plenty of NRL outside backs have debuted at 18 or younger although I believe the rule is they have to 18 now. I know young Brian To’o has made a decent fist of his introduction to the NRL but it is surprising we haven’t seen more outside backs emerging from our junior ranks, all the decent ones seem to be in the forwards.

To’o debuted at 20.

Sure, some might debut at 18. But in general you’re going to be a bit older when you debut.

Kilkenny

Coach
To’o debuted at 20.

Sure, some might debut at 18. But in general you’re going to be a bit older when you debut.

I was more talking about the MIchael Jennings and Co. Those supreme talents. He was probably the last truly outstanding outside backs we have unearthed and that is surprising given our juniors strength.

I was more talking about the MIchael Jennings and Co. Those supreme talents. He was probably the last truly outstanding outside backs we have unearthed and that is surprising given our juniors strength.

If a star comes along, then definitely. But that’s probably unlikely. I think we need to be in the market for at least one outside back for next season.

Kilkenny

Coach
If a star comes along, then definitely. But that’s probably unlikely. I think we need to be in the market for at least one outside back for next season.

You don’t think we should have recruited at least one outside back for 2020.

This is what I have been saying for a long time now. Gus never addressed it and I called him out for that even if I was in the Gould camp.

Honestly, could we have not forgone Capewell or Tetevano and just brought in at least one outside back?

When Ivan reveal’s his side this week for Round 1 the backs pick themselves basically but two three or more forwards are going to miss out on selection and there are players amongst those who are NRL quality.

Another injury or two in the outside backs and MWZ will be in the side. Nothing against him personally but that’s the reality of our depth in the outside backs.

franklin2323

Immortal

not even that far behind. I rate To’o and Crichton very highly. So we might even have stars in our squad now

franklin2323

Immortal

This is what I have been saying for a long time now. Gus never addressed it and I called him out for that even if I was in the Gould camp.

Honestly, could we have not forgone Capewell or Tetevano and just brought in at least one outside back?

When Ivan reveal’s his side this week for Round 1 the backs pick themselves basically but two three or more forwards are going to miss out on selection and there are players amongst those who are NRL quality.

Another injury or two in the outside backs and MWZ will be in the side. Nothing against him personally but that’s the reality of our depth in the outside backs.

not for the money we had. We made a play at Dylan Walker no one else made good business sense

Kilkenny

Coach
not for the money we had. We made a play at Dylan Walker no one else made good business sense

I have no idea what we are paying Tetevano or Capewell but surely given our depth in the forward pack we could have forgone one of the above and just brough in an outside back. No idea who that is Matt Cameron’s job I guess but surely we could have found someone decent even if only to add to depth because we don’t have any.

Absolutely I think we needed one for this year. Apparently they tried with Dylan Walker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts