What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends where you want to spend the money. What is he on $700k? That would buy JAC

No way he gets the current deal again. I’d give him two years @ 400k.

He hasn’t played rep footy since we signed him, so he’d know with that and his age his value is way down.

If we can move on Whare or Mansour we might have 500-600k to have a run at a decent back.

Tamou won’t be necessary after this year imo, I like him but if Heathro and Moses have good years we do not need him, Fish and Yeo are part of that middle rotation and experienced enough to be leaders, after this year we have better captain options than we did heading into this season, you could make Api or Yeo captain next season or even Fish.

Unless there’s a star we can sign, I wouldn’t be letting Tamou go. We can get him for a pretty cheap price and the experience is invaluable.

His experience is even more valuable if this season gets cancelled.

betcats

Referee
Wasn't there a story recently saying we were negotiating but the snag was he wants two years and we only want to give him one more year?

betcats

Referee
Unless there’s a star we can sign, I wouldn’t be letting Tamou go. We can get him for a pretty cheap price and the experience is invaluable.

His experience is even more valuable if this season gets cancelled.

I think we will be fine after this year for experience in the forwards. If it gets cancelled that is a different matter but if not I just don't see the need. If he is on a modest contract for one more year sure then its probably a good option but if he wants more I don't think we have to keep him for his experience. IF we can save a little bit on his replacement then put the extra towards trying to get another outside back. After Crichton who still has a lot o prove who is the next outside back up in terms of replacing Whare and Mansour long term?

franklin2323

Immortal
No way he gets the current deal again. I’d give him two years @ 400k.

He hasn’t played rep footy since we signed him, so he’d know with that and his age his value is way down.

If we can move on Whare or Mansour we might have 500-600k to have a run at a decent back.

Assuming a the season isn’t cut short. You would think Leota/Hetherington improve enough to take his role. I’d try to move on both those guys

Wasn't there a story recently saying we were negotiating but the snag was he wants two years and we only want to give him one more year?

A couple of weeks ago there was by Dean Ritchie. He claimed negotiations had just started. No mention of any duration from what I can recall.

TheFrog

Coach
Looking for an NRL 5/8? Id refer to him as a reserve grader personally.

Although if he broke the law the media would think he was an NRL star.
If the season continues much past this weekend and with reserve grade stopped players in the 30 are going to have to be rotated to keep them match fit, so expect him to get a run in the side sooner rather than later. Perhaps the NRL will change the interchange rules for the duration of this crisis and even allow a larger squad each game.

Panther Mick

Juniors
Hollis earns Panthers promotion
Penrith Panthers is delighted to announce forward Pat Hollis has been upgraded to the club’s NRL development list.

Previously on a train-and-trial contract, the promotion allows Hollis to keep training with the 32-man NRL squad in accordance with the current protocols.

The 27-year-old Windsor Wolves junior said he was thrilled to have the opportunity to continue working towards his goal of an NRL debut.

“I’ve played footy for a long time now but this is the best opportunity I’ve ever had and I want to make the most of it,” Hollis said.

“Panthers has always been my home club and the club I grew up following, which makes signing this deal even more special.

“It’s my ultimate goal to earn an NRL debut and this is just another exciting step in the right direction.

Hollis first pulled on Panthers colours as a member of the club’s SG Ball side in 2012 and was part of the premiership-winning Panthers NYC squad in 2013.

However he only managed sporadic reserve grade appearances over the next two years, followed by a season with Sunshine Coast Falcons in the Queensland Cup.

Hollis returned to Sydney, plying his trade in the Ron Massey Cup, before his NRL aspirations were suddenly revived with an outstanding season for St Marys last year.

He was crowned Ron Massey Cup Player of the Year while also earning eight appearances for Panthers in the Canterbury Cup.
“It’s great to see Pat’s journey with Panthers come full circle,” Panthers General Manager Rugby League Matt Cameron said.

“His recent progression into our NRL squad highlights the importance of the development pathway we have built with St Marys.

“The way Pat balanced the demands of full-time training with his work opportunities during the pre-season is testament to his character and his commitment.”
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2020/05/07/hollis-earns-panthers-promotion/

I’m not a keep everyone type of person, you need to let some go. But I’m stunned we’ve let Blore go without seeing what he can do in first grade.

This kid has been a star at every level he’s played at, I’d sooner let someone else go.

Status
Not open for further replies.