What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Can’t see Apisai playing origin. He’s going well, but Cook would be very hard to unseat.

Yes but Fittler likes club combinations having a hooker and half that play club footy together is a bonus.

Form wise

Api is 1st in run metres. Tackles for hookers.

Cook has 1 try. Api has 1
Cook has 2 try assists. Api 1
Api leads linebreaks 4-1
Api more tackle breaks. Less errors

MugaB

Coach
It'll be a different dynamic with SOO happening after the finals. If South's don't go deep and Api shows up for us in a prelim or GF it'll be very hard to go past him. The reverse is true too ofc.
Id rather we keep some cap money free to upgrade Api, and JFH those two are most definitely worth the money and should need more or other clubs might chime in, the rest should wait and if they cannot they'll be more juniors in our 30 that can do the job, with the benefits of more game time.
Although i like Burton, Crichton, and Leniu, we cannot sustain this level of quality in our squad if we are paying overs on juniors with minimal NRL experience, guys like Martin, Yeo, Kikau, Leota and even Tamou need upgrades or extentions before the next crop of fringe backline players, but again Api and JFH should be our focus, without them we'll be top8 not top4

WestyLife

First Grade
Id rather we keep some cap money free to upgrade Api, and JFH those two are most definitely worth the money and should need more or other clubs might chime in, the rest should wait and if they cannot they'll be more juniors in our 30 that can do the job, with the benefits of more game time.
Although i like Burton, Crichton, and Leniu, we cannot sustain this level of quality in our squad if we are paying overs on juniors with minimal NRL experience, guys like Martin, Yeo, Kikau, Leota and even Tamou need upgrades or extentions before the next crop of fringe backline players, but again Api and JFH should be our focus, without them we'll be top8 not top4

They can always not extend Tamou. He's in the last year of his contract.

franklin2323

Immortal

Our base team looks set for a few years yet. Just need to find a winger/centre depends what Naden does.

Adding JAC would be handy. I think he is going to Souths but Johnston if he wants to play wing and backup fullback.

Guys like Jed, Ellis etc should be replaced with solid FG. Given we lost a years development for the young guys

WestyLife

First Grade
Leinu is having the same issues as Burton. No 2nd tier footy to develop so not sure he comes straight in like hoped

It's on the club to make sure they've prepared him as good as they can. Also not saying they have to Let Tamou go either. Just that the option is there either way due to the timing of his contract.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I wholeheartedly disagree with the May over Burton debate, but understand others points of view.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

We’ll look very Brisbane Broncos if we turf all of our experience.

Experience is a huge factor, but in terms of prop & our forwards in general, they’re reasonably experienced.

JFH - 95 games
Yeo - 133
Tetevano - 110
Kikau - 58
Leota - 65
Capewell - 67

Those guys have a fair bit of footy in them, too. Where as our experience in the backline is close to the end of their careers.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I wholeheartedly disagree with the May over Burton debate, but understand others points of view.

Barring injury, If we are so desperate to get Burton into the team. He should play 6 and move Romey, onto the bench for May.

WestyLife

First Grade
For the record I never meant Tamou has to go, just that he can either be extended or let go depending what the club wants to do. His form is good enough to justify a 12 month extension. Only question is whether you need his experience or not anymore as @herbert henry1908 pointed out we have forward leaders now particularly with Fish and Yeo. It would also allow room for Hetherington/Lenui.

I honestly have no idea what is best with Tamou.

franklin2323

Immortal

Put it this way. Would you rather have a player sit on the bench all game or use all 4? Luai stayed on the bench all game a few times last year

franklin2323

Immortal
Experience is a huge factor, but in terms of prop & our forwards in general, they’re reasonably experienced.

JFH - 95 games
Yeo - 133
Tetevano - 110
Kikau - 58
Leota - 65
Capewell - 67

Those guys have a fair bit of footy in them, too. Where as our experience in the backline is close to the end of their careers.

And if you lose Whare and Mansour too?

Broncos issue isn't full strength it is when an injury or 2.

We get a couple of injuries as it is now in forward we are into some rookies and performance will drop.

So if Tamou goes then we need to bring in some older heads

ACTPanthers

Bench
Put it this way. Would you rather have a player sit on the bench all game or use all 4? Luai stayed on the bench all game a few times last year
I'd rather use all four... but one of that four would be Burton.

Like I said in the post you quoted, this is what I believe to be true, but I understand your view. You won't change my mind with hypothetical questions.

betcats

Referee
Id wait and see how Leniu goes when he gets a run. Most of our pack has been around for 3-4 years or more not 1-2 years like the Broncos, we are not in that same situation even without Tamou. I like Jimmy T a lot but if Leniu takes to first grade we are going to be trying to fit him next seaspm and then there is Jack who looked like a very good option off the bench in the middle for NZ last week. Moses Leota has stepped up a lot this year so he really needs to be there on the bench at least.

Say what you like about Tetevano but in an interview Jimmy T praised his off field leadership a lot, he said Zane made it his mission to push Kiks to train hard during the lock down period. Along with Yeo and JFH that is more than enough leadership and experience in the middle without Jimmy T after this season. Not that i wouldnt sign him for another year, id do that but not another 2 years.

And if you lose Whare and Mansour too?

Broncos issue isn't full strength it is when an injury or 2.

We get a couple of injuries as it is now in forward we are into some rookies and performance will drop.

So if Tamou goes then we need to bring in some older heads

That’s why I said at the end there our issue is the backline experience is towards the end of their careers. I like the idea of trying to sign Alex Johnston, but if we can find one a centre might make more sense.

Re the forwards, you can’t have heaps of experience waiting in the wings in case of injury. We’ve got enough, if injuries hit we’ll just have to deal with it as best we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts