What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade23

Juniors
Honestly, I reckon it’s a real risky move offloading Tamou, Whare & Mansour. Not only for their experience & the ability to teach the younger ones coming through but surely it’s also got to have a negative effect on team morale / culture as well.

Wouldn’t be the way I’d go.

It worries me too.

Exsilium

Coach
Honestly, I reckon it’s a real risky move offloading Tamou, Whare & Mansour. Not only for their experience & the ability to teach the younger ones coming through but surely it’s also got to have a negative effect on team morale / culture as well.

Id have kept Tamou out of the three.

We were lucky this year in a lot of ways. Next year, we will be in the sights of every team.

Going into 2021 with the experience we have left, not looking good.

martielang

Bench
Yeah time to sort himself is the best thing. Probably wanted to get him as close to Nov 1st as possible.

Let’s be real, the main motivator for the club would of been what’s best for the club. If it was in the best interest of the club to leave it another month or two & tell him, they would of done that, but they need the cap sorted ASAP.

franklin2323

Immortal
Let’s be real, the main motivator for the club would of been what’s best for the club. If it was in the best interest of the club to leave it another month or two & tell him, they would of done that, but they need the cap sorted ASAP.

He was off contract end of the year anyway. When you tell him he is out is irrelevant

franklin2323

Immortal
It worries me too.

Yeah but it is easier to buy experience then young talent.

Look at the guys we signed so far. Aekins gone RJennings in. Added experience there

Same too Eisenhuth for Jed or Ellis. A few more like that and the 30 man squad is more experienced than this year was

Tamou is the guy we’ll miss the most, I think they should’ve tried a little harder to retain the team captain from such a successful year.

Jane Murray

Bench
Just on Sauce it is never easy to tell someone it is time go. Particularly when someone has been loyal and passionate for the club.
He was told early so he knew where he stood. Maybe it could have been handled a little differently.
He is a popular player in the team and the decision has rubbed up a few of the players.
It can be hard to say to a young player please show some loyalty and extend when a popular loyal clubman is moved on.

I am getting concerned about the lack of re-signings. At first, I thought, hoped, Matt Burton and co would re-sign as the time goes by, it seems unlikely.

Smug Panther

First Grade
It’s totally relevant. He’s a well respected guy within the club, the other players will see how he’s been treated. Another week would’ve showed him the respect he deserved.
Don't get this viewpoint, the earlier the better. He's not a child and this is professional sport

franklin2323

Immortal
It’s totally relevant. He’s a well respected guy within the club, the other players will see how he’s been treated. Another week would’ve showed him the respect he deserved.

What if in that time he refused a few offers because he was expecting a deal?

The Nov 1 deadline should of been moved until after the SOO series ended. Make it Dec 1 for this season then you don't have to rush such calls

What if in that time he refused a few offers because he was expecting a deal?

The Nov 1 deadline should of been moved until after the SOO series ended. Make it Dec 1 for this season then you don't have to rush such calls

Why would he be expecting a deal?

He still has a year to go with Penrith, they wouldn’t be rushing to re-sign an ageing winger. Come on, you’re making silly excuses for bad HR management. Mansour deserved more respect than he got. Simple as that. A week would’ve let things cool down after the GF loss, and with how fluid rosters are right now there would’ve been plenty of deals for him.

There was literally a week between GF and the time he could talk to others. If you were Mansour would you rather know come Nov that you are a free agent? Or wait and maybe miss out on a deal

Mansour himself is saying he would’ve rather been told a little later. Why not take him at his word?

He’s not going to miss out on a deal, there hasn’t been a raft of signings in the past 8 days.

Whino

Bench
Id have kept Tamou out of the three.

We were lucky this year in a lot of ways. Next year, we will be in the sights of every team.

Going into 2021 with the experience we have left, not looking good.

Very true.
We flew under the radar this year. Every team will be gunning for us next year.

Black Diamond

Juniors

This.

Agree 100%

The morale in the team has been amazing this year, everyone who watches NRL has spoken about this all year. Other teams envy the comradery amongst our boys. I also think it could be detrimental to team morale. The loss of experience is a big worry to me.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It worries me too.

I suppose it comes down to trusting the powers that be. A journeyman forward (cheap) might help out. Also that blokes already in the squad like Yeo, Fish, Leota will come into their own after learning lessons in leadership from the likes of Tamou, Sauce and Whare.

If Tamou had been kept who would have we lost. Same sadly with sauce too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts