What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whino

Bench
We’ll miss Mansour big time. Still unbelievably under appreciated on here by some. Speed isn’t the be all & end all.

Fully agree.

We will miss him more than some realize.

He has had a great year.

12 tries.
1411 post contact metres (5th best in the NRL)
4004 run metres (4th best) His best season for run metres since 2016.
21 Line breaks (2 best ) His best season since 2016.
424 runs (3rd best)
He averaged 181 metres this year. A career high.
69 tackle breaks (17 best)
His best year defensively since 2013 with a tackle efficiency of 80.64%

He may have slowed down but after last year he deserves credit for the turn around he had this year.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It is a concern when his teammates call him the Ferrari. In for 1 week out for 4. I too keep an eye on the juniors coming through. He has had a few repetitive leg problems that have me concerned.

I would have kept Mansour around next season to give him an incentive to take the spot off the Sauce. I don't prescribe to the theory the spot is yours. Let him work hard and earn it.

He needs a big off season to hopefully iron out the legs.

Did I read the article correctly? I'm beginning to worry.

Love Sauce to bits, many on here would have been filthy if Staines left to keep Sauce.

Remember 12 months ago Crighton had huge issues with his legs.....that was sorted in the off season.

I'm sure Staines will get strengthening fo his Hamstrings during this off season.....Knowles will sort him out.

Why do some of this forum when a player spits the dummy (Like Sauce has about fighting for his jersey) suddenly are pronouned as world beaters.....?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Fully agree.

He has had a great year.

12 tries.
424 runs (3rd best)

He may have slowed down but after last year he deserves credit for the turn around he had this year.

What about his 2019 stats........what are they like ?

Stats only tell a portion of the picture, not the whole picture......

Are you letting emotion cloud your thinking here ?

What if Charlie left for opportunity and Sauce has a 2019 year in 2021.......would you still be so misty eyed.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Fully agree.

He has had a great year.

12 tries.
424 runs (3rd best)

Sauce will still be very good for a side with a weak pack. We have a gun pack and will greatly benefit from pace out wide to capitalise on it

Whino

Bench
What about his 2019 stats........what are they like ?

Stats only tell a portion of the picture, not the whole picture......

Are you letting emotion cloud your thinking here ?

What if Charlie left for opportunity and Sauce has a 2019 year in 2021.......would you still be so misty eyed.

I don't let emotion cloud my thinking. No one player or coach is bigger than the club.

At the moment Charlie is a 2 game wonder. Let see how he goes next year with the opportunity handed to him. I will be surprised if he plays more than 20 games. Maybe he proves me wrong and has a hard of season and kicks on.

Read the last line of my post on Sauce.

After last year he could have gotten worse or stayed the same, but he worked hard over the off season like everyone did and had a great year.

My previous post I said this.
I would have kept Mansour around next season to give Staines an incentive to take the spot off the Sauce. I don't prescribe to the theory the spot is yours before a ball has been kicked. Let him work hard in the off season and earn it.
I understand the club told him early so he can get a better deal now. As opposed to him possibly lingering in reserve grade next year. I don't agree with the timing, but tough calls are never easy.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I understand that Sauce can be covered in the 2021 salary cap. So if he chooses to stay and fight for his position, that's up to him......he just been given a heads up that Staines will be 1st choice on the wing in 2021.....

Then toys began to get thrown out of the cot.....I can understand his sadness, frustration, but in saying that when Sauce was comming through who did he displace......

Father time catches up with us all.

Black Diamond

Juniors
He was named the 2019 NSWRL Jersey Flegg Player of the Year though, so probably didn’t have too many injuries last year. How far back are you saying he was injury prone?
2018 & 2019, he has had issues with leg injuries. He also had the problem with lock jaw that although not footy related has kept him out in the past. Obviously, he played enough games to be rightly so 2019 JF player of the year. When he is on the field, he is a superstar.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I understand that Sauce can be covered in the 2021 salary cap. So if he chooses to stay and fight for his position, that's up to him......he just been given a heads up that Staines will be 1st choice on the wing in 2021.....

Then toys began to get thrown out of the cot.....I can understand his sadness, frustration, but in saying that when Sauce was comming through who did he displace......

Father time catches up with us all.
"Toys being thrown out of the cot" is also over the top. He's allowed to be upset and a few little comments right after the fact don't mean much to me.
Hopefully he's back at the club in a training role in the future

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
"Toys being thrown out of the cot" is also over the top. He's allowed to be upset and a few little comments right after the fact don't mean much to me.

Totally agree. I did think the comments were somewhat petulent.....but understandable 48 hours after a grand final loss.

MugaB

Coach
I think that should have been the plan, but ManSauce is probably too selfish to realise he is either 1st grade or nothing, let him sook elsewhere i say, id imagine benji wouldn't be such a baby, maybe he should have sooked to danny weilder, he could've also got himself a contract at the tigers too

MugaB

Coach
Yes that is true but I was called delusional for saying Mansour knocked back offers and took less money to stay at Panthers. Was just proving I am not in fact delusional.
Knocked back in 2014? Jeez what a stretch, who cares about 6 years ago... mate he cried fowl last time he got his upgrade, probably lucky to be in the squad this year after a terrible 2019, the staff are probably sick of the rox&diamonds, he is a winger, he should have at least transitioned to the centres a few years ago, with his build, like luke lewis, wade graham even rapana have moved on from their positions. Him being here is just being a road block for our young guys to debut

Black Diamond

Juniors
Knocked back in 2014? Jeez what a stretch, who cares about 6 years ago... mate he cried fowl last time he got his upgrade, probably lucky to be in the squad this year after a terrible 2019, the staff are probably sick of the rox&diamonds, he is a winger, he should have at least transitioned to the centres a few years ago, with his build, like luke lewis, wade graham even rapana have moved on from their positions. Him being here is just being a road block for our young guys to debut
Your comment when I suggested he stayed on for less when offered a deal was "went for unders...pigs arse" your words. My point was that it did indeed happen

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Didn't you make the comment about "toys being thrown out of the cot"? I think the poster was referring to that comment being over the top.

You are entitled to think whatever you want. I stand by my comments. In my opinion a few toys were flung out of the cot.......

As I've said earlier I can somewhat understand Sauce's dissappointment. But in saying that hasn't Sauce noticed the kids comming through their speed, raw talent, youth and realised that at some stage he would be in danger of being replaced. As he ages.....at 30 your limited in your tomorrows, these kids appear to have many tomorrows.

I see this as lack of self awareness.

Black Diamond

Juniors
You are entitled to think whatever you want. I stand by my comments. In my opinion a few toys were flung out of the cot.......

As I've said earlier I can somewhat understand Sauce's dissappointment. But in saying that hasn't Sauce noticed the kids comming through their speed, raw talent, youth and realised that at some stage he would be in danger of being replaced. As he ages.....at 30 your limited in your tomorrows, these kids appear to have many tomorrows.

I see this as lack of self awareness.
Its not what I thought, I was clarifying what the Smug said. I think you misunderstood.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Just google it mate, its not rocket science.

Your taking the media's word as gospel on what a player is earning.

I'll admit I have no idea what Sauce is earning, or what the offer from the Raiders was either.

The contract Sauce is on here at the is all likelyhood close to market value for him, judging by his lifestyle and range rover. I don't begrudge him that either. But to suggest players for massive unders just doesn't happen. NRL salary cap auditor sees to that.

Trust me Sauce is not getting electricty vouchers or Vinnies hampers to manage.......(this is a joke for those ready to carry on LOL)

Black Diamond

Juniors
Your taking the media's word as gospel on what a player is earning.

I'll admit I have no idea what Sauce is earning, or what the offer from the Raiders was either.

The contract Sauce is on here at the is all likelyhood close to market value for him, judging by his lifestyle and range rover. I don't begrudge him that either. But to suggest players for massive unders just doesn't happen. NRL salary cap auditor sees to that.

Trust me Sauce is not getting electricty vouchers or Vinnies hampers to manage.......(this is a joke for those ready to carry on LOL)
No I actually listened to interviews where Gus and Sauce actually spoke about it, they are easy to find online

Status
Not open for further replies.