What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be interested to know other people's priorities out of Crichton, Burton, Spencer and Luai.

For the purpose of this exercise, you may only keep 3.

I would be interested to know other people's priorities out of Crichton, Burton, Spencer and Luai.

Geez, that’s tough.

Assuming the money is reasonable for the other guys, I think Burton has to miss out.

But if one of those guys demands too much, then Burton shoots to the top of the list because he can play in the halves and potentially centre & fullback, maybe even back row one day.

The_Frog

First Grade
I'd keep Crichton, Burton and Spencer, I'd be prepared to lose Luai, I think Burton has way more upside to Luai
A very big call in my view, given the season Luai has had. Ideally, we should be keeping them both. Crichton and his new management are playing silly buggers, hold firm at $500k I say.

See above. If Crichton will not honour the agreement he has already made, no choice is necessary. If he will, that's a tough one and I'm not really in a position to pick. Perhaps still Crichton because he did try this on.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
A very big call in my view, given the season Luai has had. Ideally, we should be keeping them both. Crichton and his new management are playing silly buggers, hold firm at $500k I say.

Lui reminds me of Preston, a little jack in the box. I believe he offers more than Burton.

I can see Burton eventually becomming a forward, too tall and big to stay in the halves.....

I'd keep Crichton, Burton and Spencer, I'd be prepared to lose Luai, I think Burton has way more upside to Luai

Need to consider who will work best with Cleary.

I think Burton could be a better player than Luai as well, but I have real doubts he’s the best guy to partner Cleary. Luai’s skills really compliment Cleary well, plus he less of a dominant half which Cleary has had a problem with.

franklin2323

Immortal
Say we keep Burton insteas of Luai... what if he gets bigger, has an injury and gets slower? Then you'd be paying overs to a backrower.

Luai is a no brainer.

Lock in your front row
A centre
A strike edge
Halves

And go from that.

Lui reminds me of Preston, a little jack in the box. I believe he offers more than Burton.

I can see Burton eventually becomming a forward, too tall and big to stay in the halves.....

Height doesn’t matter if you have the hand skills, which Burton does. The only reason you don’t t see more tall halves is because the the taller you are, often the less coordinated you are. But that’s not the case with Burton.

Say we keep Burton insteas of Luai... what if he gets bigger, has an injury and gets slower? Then you'd be paying overs to a backrower.

Luai is a no brainer.

Lock in your front row
A centre
A strike edge
Halves

And go from that.

What if Luai gets an injury and gets slower? That’s not a good argument.

I don’t understand where this myth of Burton still growing has come from, he’s almost 21 years old. Very few people are still naturally growing at that point. He could fill out and put on weight, but that’s what the trainers are for. Luai could put on weight, Cleary could, anyone could.

Status
Not open for further replies.