What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Juniors
Brent is turning 25 soon, he is not a kid.
I know how old Brent is but when you’re 62 anybody that’s 25 is a kid, the tweet is
“DEVELOPING : The Panthers have confirmed to me Brent Naden was drug tested by Sport Integrity Australia at the NRL grand final. Days later he went into a rehabilitation clinic to deal with “personal issues”. No link has been confirmed between the events to
@9NewsSyd
@NRLonNine” the thing I don’t like is Brent and the club have admitted he has a problem with alcohol, the “personal issues” suggestion by Weidler I think makes it out to be something else

Jane Murray

Bench
I know how old Brent is but when you’re 62 anybody that’s 25 is a kid, the tweet is
“DEVELOPING : The Panthers have confirmed to me Brent Naden was drug tested by Sport Integrity Australia at the NRL grand final. Days later he went into a rehabilitation clinic to deal with “personal issues”. No link has been confirmed between the events to
@9NewsSyd
@NRLonNine” the thing I don’t like is Brent and the club have admitted he has a problem with alcohol, the “personal issues” suggestion by Weidler I think makes it out to be something else

At that age I was married, with two children. Naden is a professional athlete, he expects those things.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I have no idea what happened or is happening with Brent Naden.

I know he's recently been to rehab (I don't know how long that was for) or the issues involved.

Weidler does do 'fishing' tweets where he attempts to find out what's happening in clubland. In fact during the year he even DM'd me to fish whether I knew someone (obviously adding 2 and 2 and making 57) from a tweet I had written.

In fact I understand many in the media do this type of thing.

I have no idea whether Brent will be with us iinto the future or not..

It's holiday time, and there is only so much one can write about Burton, De Belin and others. Even a pokie win got a huge splash by one paper over the weekend.

Whino

Bench
Weidler just tweeted that Nado was drug tested on the day of the grand final, couple of days later went into rehab, I hate that muck raker, should leave the kid alone

That is a shame.
Seems to indicate what Blade said about the club not standing in his way if he got a deal elsewhere.

Weedler is scum.

Bob

Juniors
I have no idea what happened or is happening with Brent Naden.

I know he's recently been to rehab (I don't know how long that was for) or the issues involved.

Weidler does do 'fishing' tweets where he attempts to find out what's happening in clubland. In fact during the year he even DM'd me to fish whether I knew someone (obviously adding 2 and 2 and making 57) from a tweet I had written.

In fact I understand many in the media do this type of thing.

I have no idea whether Brent will be with us iinto the future or not..

It's holiday time, and there is only so much one can write about Burton, De Belin and others. Even a pokie win got a huge splash by one paper over the weekend.
Nados back home in Wellington according to the Tele

franklin2323

Immortal
we should be retaining Naden IMO - 2020 Naden had a breakout - we had the best defence record all year - clearly Naden's defence isnt that bad if we had that stat in our favour.

The fact he asked for help speaks volumes - he shows faith in the club, we should be doing the same, i hope we retain him, Nades is a starting centre for us in 2021 IMO, regardless if Crichton commits or leaves us.

I was as critical of his defence as anyone but he was playing bench backrower in NSW Cup before he played FG. Too soon to throw him away BUT also has more than footy on his mind

Bob

Juniors
I was as critical of his defence as anyone but he was playing bench backrower in NSW Cup before he played FG. Too soon to throw him away BUT also has more than footy on his mind
Didn't help him being racially abused at Central Coast Stadium or being related to Malcolm Naden either, I'm glad he's out of rehab and back on the family farm at Wellington, hopefully comes back in a good frame of mind ready for next season

Jane Murray

Bench
W

Was your photo or name constantly in the papers.The lime light is hard to take .Unless you have experienced this conparing lives does not work
Obviously not. It comes with the territory. If I earnt the amount of money that Brent was on, I would accept it.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Obviously not. It comes with the territory. If I earnt the amount of money that Brent was on, I would accept it.

yes and no.

A lifetime ago I was in a situation where I was well known, (I admit it was small potatoes, compared to these guys) in a small country town.

Folks constantly peering at you, commenting on the clothese you wore, weather you wore shorts when shopping in the little main street. What you bought in your shopping trolley.

It was like being a minor royal without the jewels, clothes, money or assets.

It got stale and hardwork very quickly.

To have your life racked over inch by inch no matter how much money or talent you have Is bloody hard work......

It's like having your privacy continually invaded.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Didn't help him being racially abused at Central Coast Stadium or being related to Malcolm Naden either, I'm glad he's out of rehab and back on the family farm at Wellington, hopefully comes back in a good frame of mind ready for next season

The biggest thing would of been the isolation. Not being able to go home would of hit those country boys big time

Reactions: Bob

Jane Murray

Bench
yes and no.

A lifetime ago I was in a situation where I was well known, (I admit it was small potatoes, compared to these guys) in a small country town.

Folks constantly peering at you, commenting on the clothese you wore, weather you wore shorts when shopping in the little main street. What you bought in your shopping trolley.

It was like being a minor royal without the jewels, clothes, money or assets.

It got stale and hardwork very quickly.

To have your life racked over inch by inch no matter how much money or talent you have Is bloody hard work......

It's like having your privacy continually invaded.

Naden gets well compensated for that. If he doesn't like it, then return to the country, and get a normal job. That said, the racial abuse he suffered, would not have helped.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Naden gets well compensated for that. If he doesn't like it, then return to the country, and get a normal job. That said, the racial abuse he suffered, would not have helped.

I don't think it's as simple as that.

I do agree though footballers are well paid. Although when your life is not your own, it can be tough. Because you can't get away from it, continually on show

betcats

Referee

Anyone who has been Involved in country rugby league for a while will tell you many country footy players who get a chance at an nrl club do end up back in the country because they couldn’t stand being away. Bush footy is filled with stories of the next big thing who gave it up to go back home.

CCJohnC

Juniors
I wish Naden well in whatever he decides. I do hope he comes back to Penrith for next season as I am sure he still has a lot to offer as I also see he is fourth ranked Centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts