What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
Anyway, it’s good the club is seemingly playing hardball over the Laurie & Burton releases.

I reckon the dogs will be desperate to get Burton early as well, otherwise it’d be two years in a row for Burton with hardly any FG footy. Not good for his development.

They kind of have to given they are both parts of our depth. We had a really good injury run this season and Burton still got a handful of games and Laurie got 2 or 3.

Swapping Laurie for a young outside back like Cini makes a lot of sense. Laurie is an nrl ready fullback but he is stuck behind dyl and Charlie. It doesn’t help Burton much though we still need another half before he could be released.

MugaB

Coach
They kind of have to given they are both parts of our depth. We had a really good injury run this season and Burton still got a handful of games and Laurie got 2 or 3.

Swapping Laurie for a young outside back like Cini makes a lot of sense. Laurie is an nrl ready fullback but he is stuck behind dyl and Charlie. It doesn’t help Burton much though we still need another half before he could be released.
Again benji fits that bill in that regards, widdop too, although gareth would probably cost a fair bit more..

I mean you gotta take the good with the bad, yes benji has had defensive lapses, but he can also be an attacking weapon, and for 200-250 his experience is a a steal, and that extra money you pay gets widdop defence, im not sure we'll get another back up half as good as those two

betcats

Referee
Again benji fits that bill in that regards, widdop too, although gareth would probably cost a fair bit more..

I mean you gotta take the good with the bad, yes benji has had defensive lapses, but he can also be an attacking weapon, and for 200-250 his experience is a a steal, and that extra money you pay gets widdop defence, im not sure we'll get another back up half as good as those two

widdop would be awesome, it might be unlikely but he’s definitely going to sign a deal here so if he’s desperate we might get lucky.

I just can’t get onboard with Benji, I think Burton is better right now and we should make him stay if Benji is the best we can do, unless Burton really starts agitating to get out we don’t have to release him. At least Widdop would bring a bit of cover for other positions and is still nrl quality.

Reactions: Bob

betcats

Referee
Who would you drop if you signed Widdop? Cleary - NO Jerome -NO. Widdop would want to play first grade.

I wouldn’t drop anyone he’d be signed as a back up or not at all. He’s 31 and he’s apparently not getting any takers at 300k, he can want to start all he likes but at this point it’s extremely unlikely. He’s going to sign he’s walked away from 1 mil in England to come and be near his daughters, if he can’t get a starting spot he’s not going to refuse to sign as a back up.

franklin2323

Immortal
Cleary will play Origin possibly get injured. We need a backup to do kicking and at the very least give the ball to Luai in attack. May can't do that so need a backup 7.

franklin2323

Immortal
Luai would play first receiver in that situation

How is his organisation skills though? He is more an instinct player

Or more so what if he too is selected? You need 3 out and out halves in a 30 man squad with a few utilies should they be needed

We have 5 6 spots left.

I'd go backup half
2 outside backs
3 middles

Of course that is dependent on keeping Laurie and Burton

How is his organisation skills though? He is more an instinct player

Or more so what if he too is selected? You need 3 out and out halves in a 30 man squad with a few utilies should they be needed

We have 5 6 spots left.

I'd go backup half
2 outside backs
3 middles

Of course that is dependent on keeping Laurie and Burton

For a one off game or two it’d be fine, remember that’s how they’ve lined up before. Luai at 7 and May at 6.

I’m not saying we don’t need another backup half if Burton & Laurie leave, but I’d bet Cleary would go with Luai at 7 before a reserve grader.

betcats

Referee
May played a bit of 7 in the trials. I’m sure either would do the job.

Luai did Nathan role in the first warriors game this season when Nath was suspended.

Pantherjim.

Referee
The fact that there’s no news in regards to securing Capewell, Luia, Crichton, Yeo etc beyond 2021 is seriously shitting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts