What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The yak

Juniors
Browne's a bench player at best. Good defender in the middle and as Buzzard said handy around origin time should we lose a few next year. A bit puzzled about 3 years but lets see how he goes.

GongPanther

Referee

I heard it on last nights Dogs match.But still,I haven't seen anything confirmed in print from the Panthers website.

Thanks.Adds a bit of bulk.Watch him on Friday.

Randy81

Juniors
I heard it on last nights Dogs match.But still,I haven't seen anything confirmed in print from the Panthers website.

Thanks.Adds a bit of bulk.Watch him on Friday.
No problems. Yeah nothing is 100% until the club confirms of course.
We weirdly stay quiet on a few signings (e.g grevsmuhl - which took quite a while to announce)

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah its pointless for him to re-sign if we wont move him to halves. Its the end of his rep career and it won't be long before we bring in a fullback with pace and/or speed.

Another club will happily sign him to play 6 and his career will be better for it.

The yak

Juniors
There is nothing in that article that says move me to 6 or I walk. I would say negotiations have stalled for 2 reasons from earlier in the year.
One he made his Origin debut this year. Some players don't like to have contract negotiations on-going during a origin series.
Two.There is a salary cap increase next year and it will rise again in 2018 but the 2018 figure has not been agreed upon.I know a lot of players and managers are holding off till that figure is revealed.Some like Merrin are not worried about it.
I'd say at the moment it just good business sense with his comments about being in no rush to re-sign. He says he happy and wants to stick around, which is promising. Gould will have a big go at him in the off season to extend.
As long as Gould is involved with the the club I not really worried about him or Carty leaving.

mxlegend99

Referee
I dont think he's holding the club to ransom to play 6. But he would be crazy to commit to us if there's no chance he makes that move and he is offered that elsewhere.

It's in his best interest to make that move IMO. Both as a club player and as a rep player.

betcats

Referee
Moylan would be stupid to not test what offers he can get to play in the halves, why should he sacrifice an origin career to stay loyal to us? It's a business isn't it? Daley has said to him his future in the blues is the halves, a 4 or 5 year origin career is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars he won't walk away from that if he has options, what do u think his manager is telling him?

betcats

Referee
I can see it now after next year we will be forced to replace Moylan and Wallace with two more youngsters giving us the youngest spine ever and then Gould can keep using the "we are young" excuse when we keep failing for a few more years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts