What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomednow

Bench
I'll be spewing if we cut him loose without giving him a chance in the halves. We've been very lucky with Cleary kicking on. Absolutely no guarantee TMM will be a success, the odds are actually probably against us. Moylan has half skills and deserves a run there.

Frankus

Juniors
Moylan needs to be signed long term. The only reason I would be fine seeing him go is if we sign Shaun Johnson in his stead.

mxlegend99

Referee
As a fullback how much value does he offer longterm? He's not as safe as he was when he came into the NRL. He's one of the slower fullbacks. He gets manhandled on the few occasions he tries to run the ball. But generally he dumps it off to Mansour or DWZ... they do half the work he should be doing already.

His positioning at fullback can be dodgy. As a last line of defence he isn't effective at stopping players in their tracks and he generally concedes a few metres on the tackles he does make... which usually results in points. In the line with blokes helping him it's not an issue. At fullback it is.

If we don't move him to the halves his ball playing skills at fullback won't be enough to warrant keeping him longterm. Especially if TMM and Cleary both kick on.

Moylan is a gun player and a fan favorite but has some big weaknesses in his game that are exposed most weeks at fullback. I think Dylan Edwards would be a better longterm option at fullback.

We aren't going to find a player as classy as him with the ball. But it wouldn't be hard to upgrade in most other areas. If he's not a half his first grade career would have a short lifespan with us.

Panther Mick

Juniors
Well it is the biggest issue within the club

and it has a thread.
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/time-for-moylan-to-5-8.456626/page-17

This thread is for players linked coming here and confirmed signings. Not whether Moylan plays better in the Halves or at Fullback, or whether Griffin is a idiot or not, or what the part time NSW coach may want.
There is nothing in that story yesterday that says Moylan wants to play in the halves or is leaving the club its just speculation. Speculation on here that has been exaggerated.

Last edited:

ACTPanthers

Bench
Well, to be honest, if the most irritating thing in your life, is a bunch of people bitching about our team, you have it VERY easy bro... Count your lucky stars I say.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I am sick of coming on here every day and have to put up with a bunch of whiners yelling the same lines. Moylan needs to moved to the halves, Griffin is an idiot. Its in every bloody thread.
One does tire of it.

Whining about the team = bad
Whining about whiners = God's work

Gotcha.

ACTPanthers

Bench
OK, I need to ask. If, given that we haven't performed to our potential throughout the year, fans want/need a place to discuss certain aspects of our game/team, where are the options to do so? I'd hazard a guess that this forum, being that a forum is a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged, is the perfect place. Just food for thought.

Blade23

Juniors
OK, I need to ask. If, given that we haven't performed to our potential throughout the year, fans want/need a place to discuss certain aspects of our game/team, where are the options to do so? I'd hazard a guess that this forum, being that a forum is a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged, is the perfect place. Just food for thought.

I have no problem with ideas been shared and debated, but I think Panther Micks gripe like mine is.
I come to the game day thread for information like how did Martin go in the reserves or this player has an injury cloud has anyone heard anything.
You go to the game day thread to talk about the game and before a ball has been kicked you have idiots coming out calling Griffin an idiot, or they are raving on about how much we are going to lose by because this player isn't picked where he should be. Then that spills over the other threads. It gets on your nerves to be reading the same shit every week.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
In response to all the whinging I am going to mention Moylan to the halves and Griffin is an idiot in every post.

Re Moylan wanting to test the open market, this just makes the last however many weeks of Carty in the halves even more ridiculous imo. We could have had very good look at Moylan getting an extended run at 6 this back half of the season and have a good idea if he is worth persisting with and matching any big offers he gets to play in the halves. f**k Griffin is an idiot.

hindy111

Post Whore
The weakness to Moylan for fullback. Just doesn't offer enough resistance in defense. The rest of his game is great in that position.
If TMM did kick on along with Cleary short term they would cost a lot less then Moylan who wants a big pay day.
The cap is going up a lot in 2018 and is why many players do not want to sign till they find out that figure.

Don't always blame a club for no re-signing a player. Sometimes the player is worth more to another team and its best to let him go then pay overs.

mxlegend99

Referee
People whining about a discussion related to a players future with us in the signings thread. There's an article that mentions him testing the market. How is discussing what he offers to us and whether we think he will stay off topic?

It's a relevant discussion. But god forbid people not blindly praise the club over something it hasn't done yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts