What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashtest

Juniors
I still don’t get the signing of Hame Sele. We release Merrin to free up cap space to re-sign JFH, a lock, and re-sign Martin a rookie lock. And then also sign Sele, a rookie lock.

Would of much preferred they use the top 30 position on a mid level hooker or a back up centre. We have back row spots covered far more than we do hooker and centre.

Panther Mick

Juniors
I will give him a go but I am a little puzzled as to why we didn't wait a bit longer to fill our 29th spot. I assume the 30th spot will go to a junior prior June 30 next year.
There was an article in the paper the other day about several clubs possibly being over the cap when a post season salary cap audit takes place soon. There is a good chance of clubs being forced to shed a player or 2 to balance their caps.
It would have been a good chance for us to have picked up a bargain.

I still don’t get the signing of Hame Sele. We release Merrin to free up cap space to re-sign JFH, a lock, and re-sign Martin a rookie lock. And then also sign Sele, a rookie lock.

Would of much preferred they use the top 30 position on a mid level hooker or a back up centre. We have back row spots covered far more than we do hooker and centre.

I think we’ll see JFH move to prop.

franklin2323

Immortal

Yeah centre especially looks skinny

That would make signing another lock make more sense.

But not sure how JFH would feel about the move after only one season starting at lock. He would also need to bulk up more to succeed as a starting prop.

I’m just going off Ivan Cleary’s history, he prefers smaller, mobile locks.

He’s listed as 103kg, so he’d need to put on 5-10kg.

Leota/Hetherington are 108/107

RCG/Tamou are around 115kg (but they’re taller)

Kilkenny

Coach
Very mobile pack of forwards that's for sure.

I guess outside the obvious starting centres we will be relying on DWZ, Cartwright, Yeo and Fuimaono as back-ups should injury strike either Blake or Whare.

Exsilium

First Grade
Sele could be a very good signing.

He offers more than CHN ever will IMO and I’m excited to see how he goes. He hits hard, has good line speed and he adapted well to FG in his 18 games.

His cover defence in the middle is pretty good. Needs a bigger motor but that will come with conditioning

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
We seem to like second rowers too much. Who's playing centre in ISP?
I'd have Brian Too or Ratu and Jed Cartwright. But it could be Phillips, Naden, Tyrell, Johns, Critter 2.0 or Sam Smith. Apperently we poached this talented Titans kid but he did his acl it'll probably take awhile for him to get back into form.

Honestly I stand by my opinion from last year that Jed Cartwright would go decently in first grade at centre. His gigantic octopus arms fending his opposition centre + a flick pass is all he needs in attack. He seems competent in defense.

Last edited:

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Very mobile pack of forwards that's for sure.

I guess outside the obvious starting centres we will be relying on DWZ, Cartwright, Yeo and Fuimaono as back-ups should injury strike either Blake or Whare.
DWZ's best attribute is his fearless kick returns. Shouldn't play anywhere but wing or FB.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
I will give him a go but I am a little puzzled as to why we didn't wait a bit longer to fill our 29th spot. I assume the 30th spot will go to a junior prior June 30 next year.
There was an article in the paper the other day about several clubs possibly being over the cap when a post season salary cap audit takes place soon. There is a good chance of clubs being forced to shed a player or 2 to balance their caps.
It would have been a good chance for us to have picked up a bargain.
I assume we're waiting to see if Mkendry's going to makes is past 5 games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.