What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah, like the Tigers releasing one of their best forwards, a month be the season kicks off.

We also need to make cap space.

Having just released one of our highest paid forwards it wouldn’t make a lot of sense to bring in someone whose best form is well and truly in the past and is on big coin at the Tigers. Packer & Mataulino were not exactly setting the world on fire in the second half of 2018, at least not according to there fans anyway. Much prefer seeing Kaide Ellis & Nick Liu Toso getting a crack at some stage in 2019.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Having just released one of our highest paid forwards it wouldn’t make a lot of sense to bring in someone whose best form is well and truly in the past and is on big coin at the Tigers. Packer & Mataulino were not exactly setting the world on fire in the second half of 2018, at least not according to there fans anyway. Much prefer seeing Kaide Ellis & Nick Liu Toso getting a crack at some stage in 2019.

This.

I also think Leota is going to have a massive year.

Kilkenny

Coach
Ben Barba;situation is a little interesting as they are now in desperate need of a fullback.

Bennett has supposedly ruled out releasing Alex Johnson although he would be the logical for both parties, particularly given Robert Jennings remains without a deal.

We have three fullbacks in our to 30 all quality quality even if Aekins has only one game under his belt.

If the Johnson deal doesn't evenuate I think Gould may just get a phone call from the Cowboys. Not that I want to see him go but could be a great career opportunity for Aekins given he is third in line and only likely to get a game this season if both DWZ & Edwards are out injured.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Question guys
Can G.Jennings play centre or is he strictly a wing option?
Rumors say he's asking Souths for 500K+. If true it's way too high for his ability. He'd probably go to Cameberra and walk into the first grade team instead of playing reserve grade for us anyway.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Ben Barba;situation is a little interesting as they are now in desperate need of a fullback.

Bennett has supposedly ruled out releasing Alex Johnson although he would be the logical for both parties, particularly given Robert Jennings remains without a deal.

We have three fullbacks in our to 30 all quality quality even if Aekins has only one game under his belt.

If the Johnson deal doesn't evenuate I think Gould may just get a phone call from the Cowboys. Not that I want to see him go but could be a great career opportunity for Aekins given he is third in line and only likely to get a game this season if both DWZ & Edwards are out injured.
I'd be happy for him but Aekins is under contract and I'd happier with them paying a transfer fee.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
This may be the easiest shot at winning another premiership in the NRL era we'll ever have if Roosters and Broncos get done.
Still wouldn't be easy but still...

Last edited:

unKwn

Juniors
This may be the easiest shot at winning another premiership in the NRL era we'll ever have if Roosters and Broncos get done.
Still wouldn't be easy but still...
agreed, but it would feel a bit cheap winning a comp with 3 big clubs out of the picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts