What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
The other guy that could be considered is Ben Hampton. I've only seen the 1 game by Drinkwater so hard to get too excited.

Him too. That is right but I don't see us getting any name players for a few seasons.

So need to be indentify talent better. Guys like Drinkwater etc could be anything good or bad. Take the punt and hope they come great

Abacus

Juniors
My suggested hit list for 2020 (no particular order):
  • Jake Turpin
  • Karl Lawton
  • Ben Hampton
  • Kurt Capewell
  • Mitchell Dunn
  • Jai Field
  • Josh Kerr
  • Josh Aloiai
I'm not convinced we need any more front rowers, I've focused on 2nd-row, hooker and FB options.

I'm not saying we will or even should sign them all, but they would be improvements on the guys headed out. Nice to snag 2 or 3 of them but even just be competitive in the market and see who else may get squeezed out of their current deal.

Also hoping we can find a couple of tall and/or fast wingers in our ranks - maybe McGrady & Fitzgibbon.

Fangs

Coach
What to make of the DWZ situation?

I don't think we have found Edwards another club yet. It could mean we are stuck with him. DWZ is a much easier sell: Versatile, rep player, recent NZ captain.

Fangs

Coach
I also note Tyrone Peachey has been benched at the Titans. When Michael Gordon is fit you'd assume that pushes Brimson to the bench and probably Peachey out of the 17 all together.

Flashstep

Juniors

I don't think we have found Edwards another club yet. It could mean we are stuck with him. DWZ is a much easier sell: Versatile, rep player, recent NZ captain.

I’m surprised Souths aren’t in for Edwards, he would shine in a club where they already have a stacked spine in terms of attack. He would be the perfect support player for Cook, Reynolds and Walker

As for DWZ I hope we are really just resting him, he’s to good to let go even if he’s in some rough form right now.

franklin2323

Immortal

Needed to be dropped. Not so sure rested is the way to find form

Bob

Juniors
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...p/news-story/82c63ddc2b1179822a95efa315aefe97
Penrith dump Dallin Watene-Zelezniak after form slump
Matt Logue, The Daily Telegraph
May 21, 2019 8:40pm
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak’s long-term future at Penrith is uncertain after the winger was dropped from the NRL and reserve grade for poor form.

Watene-Zelezniak is contracted until the end of 2020 but The Daily Telegraph understands the Panthers have shopped his services to local rivals Parramatta.

The Eels have presented Penrith with an offer that they feel is reasonable for the New Zealand representative but they are yet to hear a response from the Panthers.

a97d62395cc8d5b6435694ef9716ae88

Watene-Zelezniak appears to have run out of chances at Penrith. Image: Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images
Watene-Zelezniak has produced reasonable form in his 10 games so far this season with one try and 1202 running metres.

But Penrith coach Ivan Cleary has decided to omit the Hamilton-born flyer from all grades following last week’s 30-10 loss to the New Zealand Warriors.

similars

Playing no football will make it extremely difficult for Watene-Zelezniak to secure his future at Penrith or at a rival club.

Interestingly, he will join his brother Malakai Watene-Zelezniak on the sidelines this weekend.

Malakai, who isn’t off-contract until the end of the 2020 season, also isn’t playing in the NRL or the NSW Canterbury Cup ranks.

He hasn’t played first grade since Penrith’s 30-12 loss to Canberra in round 8 due to a rib injury.

b7efa3b609de675bd282464598907a7e

Malakai Watene-Zelezniak isn’t seeing much action either. Image: Mark Evans/Getty Images
The Watene-Zelezniak brothers will watch the Panthers take on Parramatta at Bankwest Stadium on Thursday night from the stands knowing one of them could end up in the Blue and Gold.

On a brighter note for Penrith, veteran prop Sam McKendry has been named to make his long-awaited comeback in the Canterbury Cup ranks.

After three consecutive knee reconstructions it was feared McKendry would never play again.

But the former New Zealand international, who is off-contract at the end of 2019, has worked tirelessly behind the scenes to revive his career.

franklin2323

Immortal
My suggested hit list for 2020 (no particular order):
  • Jake Turpin
  • Karl Lawton
  • Ben Hampton
  • Kurt Capewell
  • Mitchell Dunn
  • Jai Field
  • Josh Kerr
  • Josh Aloiai
I'm not convinced we need any more front rowers, I've focused on 2nd-row, hooker and FB options.

I'm not saying we will or even should sign them all, but they would be improvements on the guys headed out. Nice to snag 2 or 3 of them but even just be competitive in the market and see who else may get squeezed out of their current deal.

Also hoping we can find a couple of tall and/or fast wingers in our ranks - maybe McGrady & Fitzgibbon.

Shawn Blore and a few others come in but yeah you need a few guys with some experience.

Good list. I heard Aaron Gray is likely to England. Him and Bevan French would be on my list too

mxlegend99

Referee
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...p/news-story/82c63ddc2b1179822a95efa315aefe97
Penrith dump Dallin Watene-Zelezniak after form slump
Matt Logue, The Daily Telegraph
May 21, 2019 8:40pm
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak’s long-term future at Penrith is uncertain after the winger was dropped from the NRL and reserve grade for poor form.

Watene-Zelezniak is contracted until the end of 2020 but The Daily Telegraph understands the Panthers have shopped his services to local rivals Parramatta.

The Eels have presented Penrith with an offer that they feel is reasonable for the New Zealand representative but they are yet to hear a response from the Panthers.

a97d62395cc8d5b6435694ef9716ae88

Watene-Zelezniak appears to have run out of chances at Penrith. Image: Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images
Watene-Zelezniak has produced reasonable form in his 10 games so far this season with one try and 1202 running metres.

But Penrith coach Ivan Cleary has decided to omit the Hamilton-born flyer from all grades following last week’s 30-10 loss to the New Zealand Warriors.

similars

Playing no football will make it extremely difficult for Watene-Zelezniak to secure his future at Penrith or at a rival club.

Interestingly, he will join his brother Malakai Watene-Zelezniak on the sidelines this weekend.

Malakai, who isn’t off-contract until the end of the 2020 season, also isn’t playing in the NRL or the NSW Canterbury Cup ranks.

He hasn’t played first grade since Penrith’s 30-12 loss to Canberra in round 8 due to a rib injury.

b7efa3b609de675bd282464598907a7e

Malakai Watene-Zelezniak isn’t seeing much action either. Image: Mark Evans/Getty Images
The Watene-Zelezniak brothers will watch the Panthers take on Parramatta at Bankwest Stadium on Thursday night from the stands knowing one of them could end up in the Blue and Gold.

On a brighter note for Penrith, veteran prop Sam McKendry has been named to make his long-awaited comeback in the Canterbury Cup ranks.

After three consecutive knee reconstructions it was feared McKendry would never play again.

But the former New Zealand international, who is off-contract at the end of 2019, has worked tirelessly behind the scenes to revive his career.
The coach wont let him settle into a position... them dumps him from first grade and reserve grade altogether.

And people didnt think this club is being torn apart. By the time this season is done Nathan will be the only player reluctantly staying here.

Bob

Juniors
The coach wont let him settle into a position... them dumps him from first grade and reserve grade altogether.

And people didnt think this club is being torn apart. By the time this season is done Nathan will be the only player reluctantly staying here.
mate thats the telegraph version, Ive read elsewhere tonight he has a problem with the knee he had stem cell surgery on during the off season

BxTom

Bench
mate thats the telegraph version, Ive read elsewhere tonight he has a problem with the knee he had stem cell surgery on during the off season
THE DAILY TOILET PAPER IS ONLY REPORTING WHAT IS KNOWN AND WHAT IS RUMOURED ON THIS FORUMN. yOU DON'T ACTUALLY THINK IT'S A RESEARCHED ARTICLE DO YOU?
Sorry about the caps, but I'm too lazy to re-type it :)

mxlegend99

Referee
I hope that's the truth. But the club itself said he was omitted. No mention of injury. Normally they would mention why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts