What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sime_11

Juniors
Unless Waqa has serious attitude issues and doesn’t want to be here, don’t release, it’s all too frustrating watching us develop these guys and putting up with the bad spells, only to leave and watch them dominate in another team

Adding Blake to that ever growing list of talent we’ve released is just frustrating.

franklin2323

Immortal
Naden isn’t necessarily the answer if he goes, though. If there’s a chance to sign someone better than Naden we need to go for it. (As long as we aren’t overpaying

Naden looks like he could be a good wing option too.

Naden is a good depth player atm can play wing, Centre, FB and even played backrow in NSW Cup. Crichton looks promising too but never makes up for losing Blake so there would have to be more coming for it to be ok

franklin2323

Immortal
Unless Waqa has serious attitude issues and doesn’t want to be here, don’t release, it’s all too frustrating watching us develop these guys and putting up with the bad spells, only to leave and watch them dominate in another team

Adding Blake to that ever growing list of talent we’ve released is just frustrating.

For all we know it came from Parra wishing it was true

MrBlack

Juniors
Give Blake some early ball, go behind Kikau to Blake at the line, get a ball playing FB to engage the edge defenders, and Blake will kill it again (as would Naden)..

Thank you.....

Kikau now attracts 2-3 defenders. Our outside backs should be the target every now and then.

A simple pass behind him would open up a tonne of space. It was there to see last weekend.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah and he has the rest of this season to show us what he’s got.

Blake hasn’t played well for some time now. He’s been injured or suspended when we needed him.

I’m not saying we should get rid of him, but I don’t think we need to go spending big cash on a replacement. Not just yet.

maybe not as a centre. I said elsewhere we don't use our centres much anyway so can go cheap but without someone of note into the squad it us a step back

betcats

Referee
Blake is a brilliant athlete but he has no footy brain whatsoever. Great defender when in form but he also is error prone, can only carry the ball in one of his hands(big limitation) and he is reluctant to run at people, he will run at space, he doesn't like running at a defender which is another big limitation. Imagine blake running at someone the way Dallin used to, good luck stopping that....he never did it though.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Blake is a brilliant athlete but he has no footy brain whatsoever. Great defender when in form but he also is error prone, can only carry the ball in one of his hands(big limitation) and he is reluctant to run at people, he will run at space, he doesn't like running at a defender which is another big limitation. Imagine blake running at someone the way Dallin used to, good luck stopping that....he never did it though.

It pains me to say this BUT Blake is injury prone. I believe Naden is the better cheaper prospect. Much better defender and appears to have some footy smarts.

I don't want to lose him, but if it happens I will accept it.

kinghippo

Juniors
Naden is now a Good depth player.
He has been good and certainly deserves more time but he shouldn’t be seen as a replacement for Waqa.
Overall the squad is still weak in the backs, there is potential coming through the grades though.
Waqa is our best back, he needs to be replaced with another good player if he were to leave.
I would like to see a Latrell or Curtis Scott signing if it was to happen on top of my number 1 hope of drinkwater.
A bit of a shake may be good for us in the long run but it really is disappointing seeing favourites leave.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Naden is a good depth player atm can play wing, Centre, FB and even played backrow in NSW Cup. Crichton looks promising too but never makes up for losing Blake so there would have to be more coming for it to be ok

I watched Naden live on Sunday. I also watched Blake live round 1. I know which one I would prefer at this point in time.

I see Naden as a team player. Blake is more of an brilliant individual.

Naden is so much more than a depth player.

Reactions: Bob

MrBlack

Juniors
There are very few quality centres on the market right now or into next year.

I would not be letting Blake go anywhere.

There’s this thing with panthers fans, that they continually overrate the next guy coming through. There’s almost an obsession like quality with our juniors/young players.

Sometimes they’re right to do that, but mostly they’re wrong. I’ve seen it so many times.

age.s

First Grade
Yeah Blake's defense is very good. Regularly makes excellent reads, wraps the guy up the vast majority of the time.

It's way too early to make claims like "Naden is a better defender than Blake." He's been good but it's been all of two games. Need a bit of perspective here.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Much better defender?!

Naden’s defence so far :point_down:

View attachment 30452

Blake’s defence so far :point_down:

View attachment 30453

Blake is a good defender.

You know I don't rate these missed tackle stats (because they are stats that generally don't mean too much) Especially when the missed tackle stat is that if a player is within 1 meter of the opposition player, attempts a tackle, and later makes the same tackle, it's shown as a missed tackle.

I prefer to see things holistically. In context. Naden defended well last Sunday. I will stand by my comments. I don't want Blake to leave. But if he does so be it. Naden would fill the hole well.

A

mxlegend99

Referee
Blake is easily a better defender than Naden at the moment. There was so much space outside of him against Roosters it's not funny. Mansour amazingly saved his ass a few times.

Naden is a gun prospect. With a great attitude. But Blake is a freakish talent. I would much prefer Blake at centre and Naden on the wing. Purely so we have some speed and size on the wing. Definitely want to keep him. But not at the expense of Blake.

OldPanther

Coach
Blake is easily a better defender than Naden at the moment. There was so much space outside of him it's not funny. Mansour amazingly saved his ass a few times.

Naden is a gun prospect. With a great attitude. But Blake is a freakish talent. I would much prefer Blake at centre and Naden on the wing. Purely so we have some speed and size on the wing. Definitely want to keep him. But not at the expense of Blake.

That would be a good combo. 2 tall guys with some skill on an edge would be a nice change for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.