What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Speed is a single measure. Remember Lee Oudnryn and Darren Clarke? Both faster than a speeding bullet but rubbish footballers. They can't be recruited just because they are quicker than Mansour, because that is a very low bar to jump over.

No but why recruit the same as already have here? If we talking $150-$200k (as I would guess Thompson is worth) then you aren't going to get a complete player.

Coast panther

Juniors
Quick run down of RCG’s stats

He runs for 8.6m per run, this is 42nd in the comp *amongst props*

He has 8 tackle busts, 41st amongst props

He has 134 total runs, 30th amongst props

396 tackles, 6th amongst props

6 errors, 12th among props

6 offloads, 33rd among props

The only good stat is the amount of tackles, but that could just be because we mostly do a 3 man prop rotation.

For instance RCG has the 15th most minutes of any prop, given this his stats should be much better.
Yea this year has been bad but I’d put that down to a few broken jaws. Really knocks the Agro outta someone! And his argression was his best assist

Panther Mick

Juniors
The question has to be asked who realistically are they going to replace him with?
We don't want Packer or Matulino like replacements.

Kilkenny

Coach

The only good stat is the amount of tackles, but that could just be because we mostly do a 3 man prop rotation.

For instance RCG has the 15th most minutes of any prop, given this his stats should be much better.

I’m not the biggest stats person but the above are very underwhelming. The sort of outputs more befitting your average fringe front rower as opposed to someone on the contract RCG is on. I don’t see much changing I think he has largely peaked and in all reality he will be here for another four years.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think it’d depend on how long we’d have to pay. If it was just this year & next, that could work. It’d still have him completely off the books for 3 years.

Length is key. To me he is a $400k prop which we are paying to quote Fletcher 'He wasn't cheap'

So to say pay him $200k ontop of the new prop. Is still overs for a year or 2

Length is key. To me he is a $400k prop which we are paying to quote Fletcher 'He wasn't cheap'

So to say pay him $200k ontop of the new prop. Is still overs for a year or 2

It’s hard to say definitively because we just don’t know how much we’d have to pay or how much he’s on.

Let’s say though it’s 650k

And the dragons could pay $400k

The advantage for us is we can replace his output with a prop for $400k, but instead of him having a 4 year deal, he could just get a 2 year deal. That’s still an advantage as we gain $250k in cap space for 2 years.

soc123_au

Staff member
It’s hard to say definitively because we just don’t know how much we’d have to pay or how much he’s on.

Let’s say though it’s 650k

And the dragons could pay $400k

The advantage for us is we can replace his output with a prop for $400k, but instead of him having a 4 year deal, he could just get a 2 year deal. That’s still an advantage as we gain $250k in cap space for 2 years.
We wont need props in the last 2 years? Paying players to play for other clubs is bullshit. Motivate the merkin to play hard.

Pomoz

Bench

How many games, or is it just this year?

We wont need props in the last 2 years? Paying players to play for other clubs is bullshit. Motivate the merkin to play hard.

Of course we will, you sign another 400k prop. There’s heaps of them.

Look at the really successful teams, they don’t have highly paid props.

Melbourne
Roosters
Souths

They all find solid props that can do a job.

soc123_au

Staff member
Of course we will, you sign another 400k prop. There’s heaps of them.

Look at the really successful teams, they don’t have highly paid props.

Melbourne
Roosters
Souths

They all find solid props that can do a job.
Where does the 250k come from? Or the other club is paying full freight the final 2 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts