What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
I’m not saying he wants to leave immediately or anything.

I just think the fact he put it out there and then deleted it means there’s a fair bit of emotion involved here. You’re right, he probably didn’t want to upset the club.

Fair enough. Either way the club will be a lot more reluctant to let him go if he did want out IMO. He’s a player you fight for I think that’s obvious even to our current management.

True and I’d be happy for most of them to be granted releases the same as Waqa.

So next season rolls around, same thing happens again. Clear them out once again?

Not sure this is a good strategy. Sometimes you need to work through the tough times, not just panic.

betcats

Referee
So next season rolls around, same thing happens again. Clear them out once again?

Not sure this is a good strategy. Sometimes you need to work through the tough times, not just panic.

Just the ones that ask for realises. I’m not saying we should be clearing guys out for going through a rough patch of form, but if there is an underperforming, unhappy squad sometimes it’s for the best.

franklin2323

Immortal
Just the ones that ask for realises. I’m not saying we should be clearing guys out for going through a rough patch of form, but if there is an underperforming, unhappy squad sometimes it’s for the best.

Something was clearly up early on. Edwards, Mansour and RCG all spent time in NSW Cup. Both hookers have been up and down.

That is 5 out of the 17 with time out of the team. 2 more since been released so stuff is being done to fix form

franklin2323

Immortal
I actually think you could improve the squad with Whare’s money. He offers so little in attack that there would be several other options out there better, even options within the club.

Depends on what you want. If you want Peachey and say a decent prop you can't. Just Peachey for Whare doesn't do much

Yeah but if you can get 3 good players for losing DWZ and Blake the team is better off

I have a hard time believing Ivan Cleary can sign three good players, if he signs one it’ll be a miracle.

Just look at who he recruited to the Tigers. There’s a solid chance here we actually make our squad worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.