1. LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication - The Front Row - to accompany your footy weekend. INCLUDES team lists, match previews, match reports, key stats and news from around the National Rugby League - 32 pages and packed full. EDITION 1 - OUT NOW!
    JUST CLICK HERE TO READ ONLINE OR DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE PDF COPY.
    Dismiss Notice

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by herbert henry1908, Jun 1, 2016.

1. OldPanther

OldPanther Coach

He can have a pie and coke each week after the game. He can have sauce as his performance bonus.

2. Sime_11

Sime_11 Juniors

Peach will be back at 14 surely in 2020, but hope he knows he gets a significant pay cut

3. Luke Bowden

Luke Bowden Bench

When we are full strength I think he can play 15, not bench hooker. He’d take Luai’s bench spot.

4. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

Him and Kenny on the bench and can keep this style we are playing now

5. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

I think it is increasingly unlikely Peachy will return.

I think we’ve moved on given our recent run of form and the club are looking at other options primarily from within.

Whatever money is available is now going to be spent elsewhere.

OldPanther and Aliceinwonderland like this.
  6. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

Recruitment from outside the club is an important strategy towards improving the makeup of the side and ultimately bring greater success.

Whatever money is available to spend on recruitment must be spent to substantially improve the playing roster while at the same time maintaining the integrity of our salary cap.

I’m sorry but suggestions from some to bring in the likes of Josh Reynolds, Api Koroisau et etc is just silly stuff as they do not improve on what we already have and in most aspects would be detrimental to our roster overall.

We do not have a roster capable of winning a premiership so where are the positions in which we need to get us there. From my perspective it is obvious in that we need another top quality outside back, front rower and maybe another utility who can cover a range of positions.

Going forward to 2020 I think our spine is shaping up really well given four fullbacks in Edwards, Laurie, Aekins and Staines. The halves are not to shabby in Cleary, Laurie, Blore, Laui, Burton, Hands & May. Everyone is talking about our woes in the hooker/dummy halve role but I don’t see a massive problem given we have Egan, May and Kenny to cover the hooker role with other options as well including potentially the best of all in Maurice Trindall if he gets his shit together.

If we have somewhere between 500K -800K to spend I would bring in another front rower and outside back other than that I think we have great depth and given a decent run with injury and a not being screwed over by the NRL we have the foundations to really compete for the ultimate prize.

Pomoz likes this.
  7. Matthew Ellis

Matthew Ellis Juniors

He wouldn't come here for a depth position. Who drops out of the 17 for you?

8. betcats

betcats Coach

Average age of next years spine will be 22 or 23 with the depth players all being younger except possibly May if he doesn’t go to jail. I think Reynolds is a great back up at good price. API would be good too., relying on a bunch young guys in the spine with zero proven depth behind them isn’t a good idea imo.

herbert henry1908 likes this.
  9. Abacus

Abacus Juniors

Who would you target for:

10. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

Which is the issue I see. We need a squad of 30 that can play come round 1. A few of those guys mentioned likely won't be so we need someone so we don't need to rush them.

For me much better having those guys in Development deals and can still play them after June 30

11. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Coach

If nothing else we should be looking at a decent established centre to replace Whare. Mansour has atleast recaptured some form and while I think we could do better than him. He still offers something with the ball.

I would like to see us go for Curtis Scott to replace Whare. I think he could be a cheap guy that offers alot just as Whare was when we got him.

I also wish we had thrown some cash at George Burgess after his suspension. I think we could have gotten him for like $350k. He's a grub on the field. But he's a huge upgrade over Leota and RCG in current form.

OldPanther likes this.
  12. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

It will be very rare that To'o and Naden play so well for almost 2 seasons they don't need to be dropped. Young guys often need a stint back down. Whare misses a handful of games each year. So an established centre is a wise buy

13. martielang

martielang Juniors

Scott isn't a bad shout tbh. Seems like he might be on the outer but you'd think he'd have a few clubs after him.

14. kinghippo

kinghippo Juniors

There are not many good established centres out there. Whare should be our depth centre next year, give Jed or another junior a chance.
    Curtis Scott could be a good option if he has got himself sorted.

15. betcats

betcats Coach

In todays game wingers are far more valuable than centres. Whare has been solid enough that we can wait on Crichton or someone else to develop plus its a position certain player can convert to. We have to spend our money wisely I don't think centre in the best choice. Use it on the spine in some way, perhaps a forward but we have a number of highly paid forwards, can we afford to spend more on the pack?

OldPanther likes this.
  16. herbert henry1908

herbert henry1908 Coach

Jed is too slow, we need pace in our backline.

Pomoz likes this.
  17. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

I don't think we can spend more on our pack until Tamou is off contract and we know if he is staying or not.

OldPanther likes this.
  18. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

That is it and he is a rookie. Much better using Crichton over him but still doesn't give us a FG proven centre if one is needed

19. OldPanther

OldPanther Coach

Exactly. We have a few highly paid props.

20. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

Given how many of our pack can play big minutes even if a few injuries hit. We'd be fine for forwards. skinnier in other positions

OldPanther likes this.