What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panfa

Juniors
No thanks to moylan burton is gonna be a weapon in a yr or 2 not risking losing him to bring touch footballer moylan back he can stay at the sharks with his best mate fafita.

mxlegend99

Referee
Moylan also isn't a 1. f**king crazy that people still argue this. At fullback all his weaknesses are exposed
I love Moylan. But Edwards is a better fullback and its not fair to make Luai wait any longer to get the #6 jersey.

Last year at 6 Moylan had a terrific season. This year at fullback he has had a shocking season. Injuries haven't helped. But he just has too many flaws at fullback which I think age and his dodgy hamstrings help expose.

IMO we are better of keeping Edwards unless Ponga or Turbo was to sign. Edwards will get us by until one of the young guys replace him.

martielang

Bench
I was for adding a ball playing fullback a few weeks ago, but the more I look at it I think hooker is the priority.

Also from what I’ve been reading Moylan hasn’t been in great form.

Although one positive of Moylan returning is it would get To’o involved more. He’d had to do a lot of the kick returns.

I’m not saying I want him just that I think it makes a bit of sense from the clubs perspective. I think they’d probably put him at 6 with Luai as utility.

I agree unless you’re getting a top echelon fullback, I don’t see the need to replace Edwards, I think he’s been terrific the last 8 weeks & would still have improvement in him. He’s the best or close to, the next tier of fullbacks.

mxlegend99

Referee
Jessie Ramien told he’s not welcome at the Knights.

Handy player!
100%. Might be a bit of a dickhead from the sounds of it. But he's a pretty talented centre and worth a shot IMO.

Be crazy not to offer him a contract. Might get him pretty cheap too.

age.s

First Grade
I've always rated Ramien but being pissed off half a season into your contract isn't a good sign.

Crashtest

Juniors
Hooper says on Foxsport website there are half a dozen clubs already circling for Ramien, and an immediate release is expected to be granted once he finds a new club.

But how can he find a new club for this season now that the June 30 deadline has past? Would a club be willing to pay him for the rest of the season to just sit on the sidelines?

OldPanther

Coach
Hooper says on Foxsport website there are half a dozen clubs already circling for Ramien, and an immediate release is expected to be granted once he finds a new club.

But how can he find a new club for this season now that the June 30 deadline has past? Would a club be willing to pay him for the rest of the season to just sit on the sidelines?

A contract means nothing if both parties agree to the split. Not a lot the NRL can do if the club permits him to look elsewhere.

Crashtest

Juniors
A contract means nothing if both parties agree to the split. Not a lot the NRL can do if the club permits him to look elsewhere.

That's true about signing him, but he won't be able to play this season though if signed by a new club.

June 30 is the contract deadline for transferring to a new club and being able play that season. So a club would have to think he is worth paying to sit on the sidelines for the rest of the season.

OldPanther

Coach
That's true about signing him, but he won't be able to play this season though if signed by a new club.

June 30 is the contract deadline for transferring to a new club and being able play that season. So a club would have to think he is worth paying to sit on the sidelines for the rest of the season.

Pretty sure they can get around it if all parties are in agreement. I could be wrong obviously.

I’m told there’s almost no doubt that Tyrone Peachey will find his way to the Panthers next season. After a rumoured mid-season switch back to Sydney failed to eventuate, it was thought the 27-year-old may stick it out on the Gold Coast, especially with a new coach in the mix for next season. But I’m told Peachey is still harbouring a desire to return to NSW next season and that Penrith remains the most likely destination.
https://westernweekender.com.au/2019/08/masked-panther-peach-deal-looks-likely/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts