What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abacus

Juniors
If RCG does move on, you think this is the window to get a couple of established guys - Scott, Korisau etc
We need to think longer term. Guys like Scott & Korisau are gap fillers. By all means sign them for 2020 but to improve we need to target quality players in key positions.

These players typically don't fall in your lap - there are unlikely to be any available for 2020 at this stage. We need to have identified targets for 2021, and be ready to make offers on 1 November (assuming we have any cap to do so). Who we decide to target for 2021 (or even 2022) should inform any signings we make for 2020.

Hence I think 2020 is a bit of a gap year.

franklin2323

Immortal
We need to think longer term. Guys like Scott & Korisau are gap fillers. By all means sign them for 2020 but to improve we need to target quality players in key positions.

These players typically don't fall in your lap - there are unlikely to be any available for 2020 at this stage. We need to have identified targets for 2021, and be ready to make offers on 1 November (assuming we have any cap to do so). Who we decide to target for 2021 (or even 2022) should inform any signings we make for 2020.

Hence I think 2020 is a bit of a gap year.

It is why 2 year deals should be the plan for all including gun juniors. Leaves us with space to move going forward which ever way is best

Kilkenny

Coach
Given we have released some reasonably highly paid players in DWZ, Blake and Maloney it is reasonable to think there was a ‘plan’.

It is not unreasonable to expect the ‘plan’ should have included a shortlist of players who we can bring in to supplement our roster because clearly there remains deficiencies in our roster which preclude us from competing against the better sides in the competition.

Yes there are some who will suggest coaching is also an issue and I accept that but at the end of the day we are no different now that we were when Griffin first took us to his first top 8 finish. Maybe Gus has to share some of the blame as well.

From my perspective the deficiencies in our roster are as evident now as they were five seasons ago. We can bang on about the long term contracts, who should or should not have been let go but but we haven’t addressed the areas which prevent us from really going to the next level.

We urgently need a top class dummy half, top class front rower (not relying upon Spencer Leniu who may emerge as one) and two quality outside backs. Nothing has changed in the past five/six seasons.

It is not my job or the job of anyone who posts on here to address the obvious issues but the job of Ivan Cleary and his team. They are are the one’s who are responsible for addressing our deficiencies and I hope they had the ‘plan’ I refer to because this season has been very, very poor and the seven wins on the trot have just masked our underachievement.

Panfa

Juniors
I wouldn't go for ramien hes not better than what we already have prefer naden over ramien to be honest.Im still not sold on edwards at fullback we either buy a decent fullback or promote laurie or staines even naden for mine is better than edwards i reckon.We definitely need a winger one with speed and size someone like a jermaine isaako etc to replace mansour.Dean whare might not be on a massive contract however he is on a longterm deal and hes best footy is behind him id sign curtis scott to replace him.lastly hooker im happy with the 2 young guys we have got but they need to pick up there game still reckon egan is the better of the 2 i wouldnt waste money on korosau hate buying players we already let go.

Crashtest

Juniors
I wouldn't go for ramien hes not better than what we already have prefer naden over ramien to be honest.Im still not sold on edwards at fullback we either buy a decent fullback or promote laurie or staines even naden for mine is better than edwards i reckon.We definitely need a winger one with speed and size someone like a jermaine isaako etc to replace mansour.Dean whare might not be on a massive contract however he is on a longterm deal and hes best footy is behind him id sign curtis scott to replace him.lastly hooker im happy with the 2 young guys we have got but they need to pick up there game still reckon egan is the better of the 2 i wouldnt waste money on korosau hate buying players we already let go.

Agree with you on Ramien. We don't need that sort of attitude going forward. Did you see The Mole article about how it was the other players that got him punted from the Knights:

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/jesse-...er-power/97e849a9-6906-4c57-be31-37402d660540

Over the past few days, media sources have speculated that Brown kicked Ramien out the door - and they are largely correct.

But Brown only took the drastic step after the senior players group came to him complaining about Ramien.

The players said they no longer wanted to play alongside Ramien, who was whingeing about not getting enough football and that he deserved more money, while he was often late for training.

"He was just a negative influence in the place," a senior Knights source told Wide World of Sports. "It was a big call by Brownie but the senior players left him in no doubt that it was the right one."

Rhyno

First Grade
RCG only played origin because he has a bit of bum fluff on he’s lip which caused media hype

Will go down as the worst signing in parramatta history

Rhyno

First Grade
Makes me sick that we going to over play this fat nsw cup standard plodder

Would rather give Tim mannah a new 5year contract

chrisD

Coach

There's no need to be upset, at the end of the day you, like me, barrack for a team who wasn't and isn't going to win anything anyway. Which team ruck sloth is plodding it up for really makes no difference.

Crashtest

Juniors

Have you received any inside info that this is actually happening, or just responding to the media rumours about it?

age.s

First Grade
Rhyno trashing him all but confirms RCG rekindling his Origin form if he moves to Parra.

It's about the smartest thing I've seen Rhyno do.

Heard the same last week. Not sure why they'd want another firebrand, seem to have 2 or 3 similar players to him coming through.

While we desperately need a firebrand but pushed him out the door.

We have so many discipline problems I don’t think adding Hetherington to the mix is a smart move. Need to sort things out first.

Panfa

Juniors
Hetheringtons old man was an ex canberra frontrower guy was always destined to go back there no big loss.

martielang

Bench
We have so many discipline problems I don’t think adding Hetherington to the mix is a smart move. Need to sort things out first.

With or without him we have discipline issues, i dont think that should define his whole playing ability.

Big, strong & athletic front/back rower with some aggression. Granted he still has plenty to learn but I think he'll be the best of that crop that came through. We'll regret this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts