What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Grand

Juniors
This looks like our spine moving foward.
1.Edwards/Aikeins/Staines
6.Luai/Burton/May
7.Cleary/Blore
9.Kenny/Egan/Katoa/May
It just doesn't feel like a top 4 spine,early days I understand,the only notable hooker available is Api so we should make a play for him,it will really help our in experience spine.
We also should be chasing two Mean Front rowers(Togans preferred haha).esp if we letting Rcg go,thank god for Spencer
Shaun Blore and Billy Burns will be good for us no doubt plus Matherson Johns and Mcgrady seem like capable outside backs..
We are well and truely in a rebuilding Phase after all the experience we are letting go but hey nothing ventured nothing gained.

This looks like our spine moving foward.
1.Edwards/Aikeins/Staines
6.Luai/Burton/May
7.Cleary/Blore
9.Kenny/Egan/Katoa/May
It just doesn't feel like a top 4 spine,early days I understand,the only notable hooker available is Api so we should make a play for him,it will really help our in experience spine.
We also should be chasing two Mean Front rowers(Togans preferred haha).esp if we letting Rcg go,thank god for Spencer
Shaun Blore and Billy Burns will be good for us no doubt plus Matherson Johns and Mcgrady seem like capable outside backs..
We are well and truely in a rebuilding Phase after all the experience we are letting go but hey nothing ventured nothing gained.

Daine Laurie will be above Aekins in the pecking order for fullback next year.

I see May as a backrower only, he’s not a genuine half or hooker. Although he could play some limited minutes there.

Hooker I agree is our main issue.

Kilkenny

Coach
I have seen it suggested in the media Api Koroisau is on or wants $500K a season which if even close to being true rules him out of the equation. Really good player but I wouldn’t be spending anywhere near that amount of money on Api.

I still believe the issue with our dummy halves is a coaching issue rather than a talent issue. Griffin didn’t allow or want them to run out of dummy half and it appears Cleary is no different. Having a dummy half who can scoot of dummy half, make 10 metres or so and put the defence on the back foot is such an essential part of the game plan I don’t get the fact we don’t do it or our three aren’t allowed to do it. I’m sure they are capable of doing it even if not to the same level as the games best in say Damien Cook.

maple_69

Bench
I mean if the club sees Blore as a big part of the future then you realistically have your starting middles with him, JFH and Tamou. Throw Leniu and Leota on the bench and you’ve got a tidy middle rotation. Would definitely want to keep Grant/Mckendry and Ellis around as depth.

I mean if the club sees Blore as a big part of the future then you realistically have your starting middles with him, JFH and Tamou. Throw Leniu and Leota on the bench and you’ve got a tidy middle rotation. Would definitely want to keep Grant/Mckendry and Ellis around as depth.

Blore’s injury was a pity this year, he would’ve debuted in first grade for sure.

In that scenario I wonder what happens to Yeo? Looks like Ivan prefers him at lock now. Martin looks more dangerous on an edge.

Panfa

Juniors
Yeo needs an injury free pre season or our pack will look like this next yr martin blore kikau tamou kenny fisher harris

kinghippo

Juniors
Hooker is a real problem area throughout the comp. who is the next best in England after hodgson? It could be worth a look.
API is a good option but he has had a bad run of injuries for quite a few seasons, $500,000 is a lot of coin for a player who hasn’t played a lot of games.

MugaB

Coach
I'd be seriously looking at Wade Graham, and getting him back at penrith, now that cronulla are hurting in the salary cap area next year, James Maloney and him are great mates, and it wouldn't be a stretch to get him playing in 5/8th permanently or at lock
After jimmys goes to france,
If we have the money approach the sharks, wade would be the buy we need, no point having all these juniors, and not have a senior leader to guide them

I'd be seriously looking at Wade Graham, and getting him back at penrith, now that cronulla are hurting in the salary cap area next year, James Maloney and him are great mates, and it wouldn't be a stretch to get him playing in 5/8th permanently or at lock
After jimmys goes to france,
If we have the money approach the sharks, wade would be the buy we need, no point having all these juniors, and not have a senior leader to guide them

He’d be an interesting buy, but not at 5/8. He’s an edge backrower.

Kilkenny

Coach
We have the cash, what are you going to spend it on to get more worth out of it?

I agree Api Koroisau is a very good player and currently better than any of the three dummy halves we have used this year but given we will have limited funds available we have to spend it very wisely and I just think there are other areas of greater priority.

franklin2323

Immortal
Like Kilkenny I doubt we have $500k. What you remember is the bonuses for these guys on exemption come off next years cap.

The good news is we won't get so many exemptions now May is back. NRL has been very loose with them. How Burton got to play with Blore fit is a mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts